Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 566465 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #720 on: November 28, 2021, 10:57:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Why would you cut Kanter.  Fernando is much more useless than Kanter.

If we were trying to convince cousins to sign here we would probably have to cut kanter to convince him. Otherwise he is the 4th string big for us and there is no role.  Fernando is obviously more useless as a player. Pretty moot point obviously. Will be interesting to see if he helps bucks at all.

« Reply #721 on: November 28, 2021, 11:00:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1465070392255684614?s=20
Roy will be furious

Glad to see him in Milwaukee.  They just need to trade for Iguodala and they’ll have all of my binkies on one team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #722 on: November 29, 2021, 07:05:38 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Don’t know why Celtics didn’t give Cousins a look
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #723 on: November 29, 2021, 07:47:46 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806

Probably because he is worthless at this stage of his career.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #724 on: November 29, 2021, 08:08:21 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Who says we didn't?  Cousins wants a title.  He would pick the Bucks over the Celtics by a long shot.

For the record, I don't think Cousins would help us one bit.  He is just insurance for the Bucks  Doubt he plays any meaningful minutes.

« Reply #725 on: November 29, 2021, 08:09:26 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

How about cause we already got Timelord, Horford, Kanter and Bruno?

It makes sense for the Bucks for 2 reasons:
- BroLo is out indefinitely with a back injury. Their only bigs right now are Giannis, Portis and Mamukelashvili who's on a 2-way contract. None of them is a traditional Center. Mamukelashvili ain't good enough to be part of the rotation (not yet anyway).
- Boogie can be deployed only in a drop scheme on defense. The Bucks were running a drop scheme with BroLo (although they are mostly running a hedge-and-recover scheme this season without BroLo).

Time will tell whether Boogie ''is worthless''. Fwiw, the Bucks worked him out for a bit prior to offering him a contract. It's a low-risk, high-reward addition for them. Worst case scenario, they'll cut him. His contract is non-guaranteed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 08:53:06 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #726 on: November 29, 2021, 08:57:22 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

How about cause we already got Timelord, Horford, Kanter and Bruno?

It makes sense for the Bucks for 2 reasons:
- BroLo is out indefinitely with a back injury. Their only bigs right now are Giannis, Portis and Mamukelashvili who's on a 2-way contract. None of them is a traditional Center. Mamukelashvili ain't good enough to be part of the rotation (not yet anyway).
- Boogie can be deployed only in a drop scheme on defense. The Bucks were running a drop scheme with BroLo (although they are mostly running a hedge-and-recover scheme this season without BroLo).

Time will tell whether Boogie ''is worthless''. Fwiw, the Bucks worked him out for a bit prior to offering him a contract. It's a low-risk, high-reward addition for them. Worst case scenario, they'll cut him. His contract is non-guaranteed.
Seems more like low risk/low reward to me.  The Bucks need a body and Cousins is a big body.

« Reply #727 on: November 29, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Bruno doesn’t play, TimeLord may play twice every 2weeks, Al is better fit at PF..so I would had given him a chance, can’t hurt on a non-guarantee contract
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #728 on: November 29, 2021, 11:27:56 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Bruno doesn’t play, TimeLord may play twice every 2weeks, Al is better fit at PF..so I would had given him a chance, can’t hurt on a non-guarantee contract
- Bruno doesn't play, partly because there are 3 Centers ahead of him. The two of them are starting-caliber players (to say the least).
- Horford isn't mobile enough to play D on the perimeter anymore. At this stage in his career, I'd use him exclusively at Center. Too bad we lack a starting-caliber traditional PF. Imo, Tatum is at his best when playing at PF, but that's another story. Apparently, Ime prefers to use him at SF.
- Kanter is an elite third-string Center. He also provides a different skill set compared to our other Centers.
- Juancho can provide cover at Center as well. In fact, he played 7% of his minutes at Center last season.
- Timelord is injury prone, I give you that.

All in all, I would argue the Center position is our deepest position. Last thing we need is yet another Center.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:39:35 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #729 on: November 29, 2021, 12:37:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Nuggets' Porter having back surgery. Doubt he will be available rest of this season. What a shame.  Good for him (and bad for the Nuggets) he signed that max extension.

« Reply #730 on: November 29, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Bruno's got butter fingers, can't hold onto the ball.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #731 on: November 29, 2021, 01:00:11 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
- Bruno doesn't play, partly because there are 3 Centers ahead of him. The two of them are starting-caliber players (to say the least).
- Horford isn't mobile enough to play D on the perimeter anymore. At this stage in his career, I'd use him exclusively at Center. Too bad we lack a starting-caliber traditional PF. Imo, Tatum is at his best when playing at PF, but that's another story. Apparently, Ime prefers to use him at SF.
- Kanter is an elite third-string Center. He also provides a different skill set compared to our other Centers.
- Juancho can provide cover at Center as well. In fact, he played 7% of his minutes at Center last season.

All in all, I would argue the Center position is our deepest position. Last thing we need is yet another Center.

Elite 3rd string, kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

Our center position is deep enough but the problem is the PF position.

« Reply #732 on: November 29, 2021, 01:01:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Regarding Tatum, he plays 47% of his minutes at PF. He is there for a ton of his minutes while playing with bench guys.

« Reply #733 on: November 29, 2021, 01:15:43 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Thibs has said that Kemba is out of the Knicks rotation.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1465378878340358160

Poor Kemba. Such a fall from grace from being an All-Star 2 years ago and scoring 60 in a game to probably playing in China next year.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #734 on: November 29, 2021, 01:21:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Thibs has said that Kemba is out of the Knicks rotation.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1465378878340358160

Poor Kemba. Such a fall from grace from being an All-Star 2 years ago and scoring 60 in a game to probably playing in China next year.

Guess this is about his defense?