Author Topic: Gabby Petito Case- within Zone of Death?  (Read 575 times)

Gabby Petito Case- within Zone of Death?
« on: September 21, 2021, 11:27:01 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 622
First off, condolences to the Petito family and may Gabby rest in peace. Secondly, we all know who the murderer is...why else is there a manhunt and why else is he hiding. Hope they find him soon.

I want to bring up a small topic related to her case. Since she was found dead in Grand Teton, WY...could that possibly mean the suspect can get away with murder because it falls within the Zone of Death?

The "Zone of Death" comprises of three states triangulating a portion of land where, apparently, seems legal to commit crime. Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana makes up the Zone of Death. The Sixth Amendment requires all criminal prosecutions to be heard by a jury from the state and district where the crime was committed. Could the lack of summoning a jury who lives in the state of Idaho and district of Wyoming cause a trial to be omitted? Thoughts?

Re: Gabby Petito Case- within Zone of Death?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 01:03:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -26844
  • Once A CrotoNat, Always A CrotoNat
Wasn’t the body found in Wyoming?  Idaho doesn’t come into it.

State of Wyoming + District of Wyoming = Wyoming jury

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Gabby Petito Case- within Zone of Death?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 09:44:34 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 1379
  • What a Pub Should Be
My guess is that the boyfriend off'd himself but I really hope they find him alive and he has to answer for what happened. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team