Author Topic: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)  (Read 67325 times)

Re: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 04:51:36 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
https://twitter.com/jdumasreports/status/1432801744724000771?s=21

Maxey being withdrawn from local community events so he doesn’t grow roots in Philly. Can’t remember an agent ever flexing like this before….

Agents are controlling players' decisions. NBA needs to investigate on agents like Rich Paul

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 04:51:59 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Should the Celtics inquire about Simmons?

I guess Boston is one of the least likely places the Sixers would want to send Simmons. However with his trade value plummeted it's clear that Tatum and Brown are off the table. That does make negotiations easier. The Celtics have all their picks to offer and a fairly okay bunch of reasonable assets (Pritchard, Smart, Richardson, Langford, Nesmith, G.Williams, R.Williams).

If Toronto is interested I'd try to make it a 3-way-deal with Siakam (perhaps not the best fit with either Embiid or Simmons) going to Boston.

you do realize Philly can listen to offers from other teams right? teams that have better players than Payton Pritchard and Grant Williams. 

Philly wants Jaylen Brown and then we hang up the phone.  Thats how it would go.

Of course they would ask, but no team is going to offer an All Star at this point for Simmons. Their leverage is really low. Phlly will need to listen to lower offers. With Boston negotiations can go smoother because there's a clear line between the players who can be discussed (Pritchard, Nesmith, G.Williams) and those who can't (Tatum, Brown).

But I'll admit that I had forgotten we can't trade either Smart, Richardson, Schröder or Timelord due to their extensions. That makes it basically impossible to assemble a proper package valuewise and salarywise.

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 04:52:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
A real shame what's going on in Philly.
You just hate to see it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2021, 04:54:12 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Yeah, unless you want to trade Brown, we are not going to be in on Simmons.  And even Brown isn't what they want.  They want a vet.  A fully established player.

I think a trade of Simmons + Maxey (maybe picks?) for Beal is pretty good for both teams.  Beal would be a great fit next to Embiid.  Simmons and Maxey join a young, rebuilding team.  Washington may not be ready to trade Beal, but it may be inevitable, and this may be the best deal they ever see.

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2021, 04:54:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Should the Celtics inquire about Simmons?

I guess Boston is one of the least likely places the Sixers would want to send Simmons. However with his trade value plummeted it's clear that Tatum and Brown are off the table. That does make negotiations easier. The Celtics have all their picks to offer and a fairly okay bunch of reasonable assets (Pritchard, Smart, Richardson, Langford, Nesmith, G.Williams, R.Williams).

If Toronto is interested I'd try to make it a 3-way-deal with Siakam (perhaps not the best fit with either Embiid or Simmons) going to Boston.

Edit: TP, Jvalin (Unfortunately, we cannot trade Smart/JRich/Timelord/Schroder cause of their recent extensions/new contract), hadn't thought about that. This basically makes it a no go fo the Celtics unless somehow some team has a decent interest in Horford.

No, he has zero heart.   Doesn't work on his weakness and pretty much the Anti-Celtic.

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 04:56:12 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Yeah, unless you want to trade Brown, we are not going to be in on Simmons.  And even Brown isn't what they want.  They want a vet.  A fully established player.

I think a trade of Simmons + Maxey (maybe picks?) for Beal is pretty good for both teams.  Beal would be a great fit next to Embiid.  Simmons and Maxey join a young, rebuilding team.  Washington may not be ready to trade Beal, but it may be inevitable, and this may be the best deal they ever see.

If Morey can end up with Beal out of this mess he'll deserve a -using asterisks to avoid the swear filter isn't quite the idea - please avoid in future, thanks!- statue!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:09:52 PM by gouki88 »

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2021, 04:56:17 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Once Simmons and the Sixers officially part ways, I will be very disappointed if we don't get some elite level trash talk out of Embiid from of all this.  Air all that dirty laundry Joel.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2021, 04:57:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

I don’t think this trade makes sense for either team really. Beal doesn’t want to leave even though they are crappy. That’s pretty valuable.  Doubt Simmons would be happy there either. Plus who plays point guard for the 76ers in this scenario? Seth curry?

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2021, 04:59:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

If Morey can end up with Beal out of this mess he'll deserve a statue!

Probably more like brodgon and Warren.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:10:02 PM by gouki88 »

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2021, 05:09:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Doesn't OKC have to consider using their draft picks to get him, or get involved in a trade?  Seems like a golden opportunity.

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2021, 05:10:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Doesn't OKC have to consider using their draft picks to get him, or get involved in a trade?  Seems like a golden opportunity.
I'm not sure Philly has any interest in picks. They want veterans to help win a title around Embiid

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2021, 05:12:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm not sure Philly has any interest in picks. They want veterans to help win a title around Embiid

True.  Unless they offered SGA, which would seem foolish.

Or three way where OKC sends good package of picks to someone like SAC who sends Fox to Philly.  That would make sense, no?

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 05:14:10 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I think Portland has to hard and offer up a McCollum deal. Philly can't wait for Lillard to decide to demand out, so Portland should be opportunistic.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2021, 05:15:04 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Now would have been the perfect time to trade for him: Buy low, sell high. Unfortunately, we cannot trade Smart/JRich/Timelord/Schroder cause of their recent extensions/new contract. Don't see how we could possibly match salaries. I mean, the Sixers would probably have zero interest in bringing back Horford.

Feel free to hate on Simmons as much as you want. I fully realize he's a polarizing player. Imo, a big 3 of Tatum - Brown - Simmons would transform the C's into legit contenders for years to come.

Honestly, Simmons would be a terrific fit for the Jays. He's a facilitator that could push the pace in the open court, he has the defensive versatility to take on the opposing team's best perimeter scorer, and he wouldn't eat into their shots.
Yep, I would argue he'd be our version of prime Draymond Green. Not exactly the same players obviously, but close enough. Imo, Simmons is the most versatile/switchable defender in the NBA. He'd be literally the perfect fit in our switch-heavy defensive system. I'd like the offensive fit as well. Just because the Sixers use him on the ball, it doesn't mean he's actually a guard. I'd love to watch Simmons setting picks on the perimeter and then rolling hard to the basket. Can't do that for the Sixers cause he's playing alongside a dominant low post scorer in Embiid. I fully believe Simmons would be at his best as a Point Center. If we were to trade for him, I bet we'd be using him at the 4 alongside Horford.

Anyway, hopefully he'll still be with the Sixers when Smart, JRich, Schroder and Timelord become trade eligible.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 05:23:14 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2021, 05:16:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

True.  Unless they offered SGA, which would seem foolish.
Yeah, I wouldn't trade SGA straight up for Simmons, and I don't think OKC would either. I still like a Simmons for McCollum swap for both teams