Author Topic: Report: Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters not given QO. To become UFAs  (Read 2168 times)

Re: Report: Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters not given QO. To become UFAs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 12:58:06 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/02/nba-boston-celtics-so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish-tacko-and-tremont/

goodluck to both

When Hauser got a 2 way deal, it was pretty clear that Tremont was out. Taco leaving means there’s another “developmental” prospect to be signed? Are there any undrafted bigs worth getting? Maybe give a 2 way deal to our french rookie or Yam?

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 01:02:17 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
There is absolutely nothing preventing the Celtics and these two players from agreeing to another contract, be it a two-way or an NBA deal.  Not sure I'd sign either, but they're free agents, and you can sign a free agent to any legal contract, which for these two and the Celtics is anything from a training camp invite to the MLE.  Most likely they're gone, but it wouldn't be completely shocking to see Tacko on a 2-way for one more year (at which point, he's out of 2-way eligibility with us).

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Personnaly I liked both of them as 2 way players. This players usually never play. Both of them have a real in game and team identity and Waters may have a very little potential to me. If they don't come back I wish them the best.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 02:33:30 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Tremont Waters is awful. He has had one game as a Celtic that was memorable. Other than that I won't miss him at all. Good luck Tremont.

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 02:37:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/02/nba-boston-celtics-so-long-and-thanks-for-all-the-fish-tacko-and-tremont/

goodluck to both
i am not surprised, but i am personally disappointed. i did so much want the paradoxical "little guy makes big" story to come true for Tacko.

I wish him lots of luck.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 05:16:30 PM »

Offline Celtics33TommyPoints

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
If Tacko is with the team this next year (his 3rd), then we get his Bird rights. We can then sign him to an NBA contract of any size, as an over the cap team.

Maybe being a UFA is better for the cap than being a RFA this year, as the Celtics couldn't match ridiculous offers without getting those Bird rights, first?

Bottom line is Tacko can return to Boston on minimum salary (if he wants to get a large multi-year contract from Boston next year), or he can pursue money from other teams, now. However, those other teams also wouldn't have his Bird rights, so he would be limiting himself to MLE's, now and in the future.

Therefore, it makes more $ sense for Tacko to stay for one more year, even if he were to be traded, or something, later.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 07:51:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tremont Waters is awful. He has had one game as a Celtic that was memorable. Other than that I won't miss him at all. Good luck Tremont.

Not sure I agree....

Just wasn't Brads cup of tea

Not a great shooter (35 to low 30 three point shooter).    Doesn't get to the line.... two things Brad/stats love

Tremont if he got regular mins ... could be a decent off the bench PG.  He is a menace on defense.   On offense he is a little wild and needs to refine his shooting. But is a good passer and good at fast break.................. which was not really what Brad liked to do

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 07:53:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not sure I agree....

Not a great shooter (35 to low 30 three point shooter).    Doesn't get to the line.... two things Brad/stats love

Tremont if he got regular mins ... could be a decent off the bench PG.  He is a menace on defense.   On offense he is a little wild and needs to refine his shooting. But is a good passer and good at fast break.................. which was not really what Brad liked to do
What? I wish we loved getting to the line, but that’s been a recurring weakness in our team. Waters was also a 39.5% shooter from three last season, and is a 95% or so free throw shooter - nobody is worried about his shooting. He’s just no good.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 07:54:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Tacko 3 and put it on the floor highlight lol . Career night for the guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Y0uEc-fS0

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 08:00:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not sure I agree....

What? I wish we loved getting to the line, but that’s been a recurring weakness in our team. Waters was also a 39.5% shooter from three last season, and is a 95% or so free throw shooter - nobody is worried about his shooting. He’s just no good.

I notice two things you love

Skills and stats 

But imo you need more than that to make a team whole.   Intangibles,  grit, effort, physicality

This is why a guy like PJ Tucker still counts in this league

I see value in Tremont as a bench player. But depends on fit

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 08:35:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not sure I agree....

I notice two things you love

Skills and stats 

But imo you need more than that to make a team whole.   Intangibles,  grit, effort, physicality

This is why a guy like PJ Tucker still counts in this league

I see value in Tremont as a bench player. But depends on fit
The lack of grit is exactly why I wanted us to get Jonas Valanciunas!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)