Author Topic: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021  (Read 179410 times)

Re: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021
« Reply #1350 on: September 24, 2021, 10:05:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
"Veteran Avery Bradley has agreed to a contract with Golden State, The Athletic's Shams Charania and Anthony Slater reported Friday, citing league sources."

Cool for Bradley, but I was hoping that IT would get the position.
IT has been saying for two years he is great and can play at a level he did before the injury. Several teams teams have given him looks and he hasn't stuck. He also looked bad in a low level international tourney.

I think it might be time to accept, IT is done. Personally, I hate that because I love IT, but it might be time for him to look overseas or maybe go into coaching. I think we have seen the last of a truly special guy. And that sucks.

« Reply #1351 on: September 25, 2021, 12:22:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
"Veteran Avery Bradley has agreed to a contract with Golden State, The Athletic's Shams Charania and Anthony Slater reported Friday, citing league sources."

IT has been saying for two years he is great and can play at a level he did before the injury. Several teams teams have given him looks and he hasn't stuck. He also looked bad in a low level international tourney.

I think it might be time to accept, IT is done. Personally, I hate that because I love IT, but it might be time for him to look overseas or maybe go into coaching. I think we have seen the last of a truly special guy. And that sucks.

I think that's probably right.  I mean, I guess I'm a little surprised that some bad non-playoff team hasn't given him a look, because he's the type of guy who can be highly entertaining for a fan base, and he's congenial with the media. 

But, the fact that he hasn't been signed anywhere probably tells us all we need to know about his ability to play.  Same thing with DMC, who I read is looking at China.

In an ideal world, at some point the G-League would operate like a true minor league, where we add rounds to the draft and allow teams could sign guys to minor league deals (but still have the right to call them up, similar to a 2-way contract).  Maybe the revenue just isn't there, but I'd love to be able to see IT in Maine, with the Celtics owning his rights. 

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:31:33 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1352 on: September 25, 2021, 09:38:50 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I think that's probably right.  I mean, I guess I'm a little surprised that some bad non-playoff team hasn't given him a look, because he's the type of guy who can be highly entertaining for a fan base, and he's congenial with the media. 

But, the fact that he hasn't been signed anywhere probably tells us all we need to know about his ability to play.  Same thing with DMC, who I read is looking at China.

In an ideal world, at some point the G-League would operate like a true minor league, where we add rounds to the draft and allow teams could sign guys to minor league deals (but still have the right to call them up, similar to a 2-way contract).  Maybe the revenue just isn't there, but I'd love to be able to see IT in Maine, with the Celtics owning his rights.
Even a full healthy IT is a HUGE liability on defense, remember?  I certainly do and that's probably the main reason he hasn't stuck.  The other reason (again, remembering his stint in Boston) is that the offense has to be designed around him which is not the way to build a championship team.

« Reply #1353 on: September 25, 2021, 10:47:51 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Even a full healthy IT is a HUGE liability on defense, remember?  I certainly do and that's probably the main reason he hasn't stuck.  The other reason (again, remembering his stint in Boston) is that the offense has to be designed around him which is not the way to build a championship team.
Don’t think anyone would need to design an offense around him at this point, IT is an end of bench kind of guy. Surprised but not surprised he hasn’t been signed yet but a reminder how cruel life can be sometimes.

« Reply #1354 on: September 25, 2021, 10:54:52 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Fully healthy IT wasn’t a HUGE liability.  Liability, yes, but not one that couldn’t be overcome.  The 2015-2016 C’s (IT’s last fully healthy year) had the 4th-ranked defense overall, and when IT was on the court they were the equivalent of the 7th-ranked defense.  It’s not like the C’a we’re playing 5-on-4 at one end of the court.

« Reply #1355 on: October 15, 2021, 08:51:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The Celtics are signing PG Chris Clemons to an Exhibit 10 deal, sources tell @The Athletic. Clemons was a two-way player for the Rockets in’19-‘20 who had his deal converted to a full NBA contract before tearing his Achilles during preseason last year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1356 on: October 15, 2021, 09:04:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Getting of rid of Archie?

« Reply #1357 on: October 15, 2021, 10:00:43 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
The Celtics are signing PG Chris Clemons to an Exhibit 10 deal, sources tell @The Athletic. Clemons was a two-way player for the Rockets in’19-‘20 who had his deal converted to a full NBA contract before tearing his Achilles during preseason last year.

Would be 2-way eligible, but presumably he’s someone that will be sent to Maine as a final roster cut so the Celtics can take a closer look at him in the G-League.

« Reply #1358 on: October 15, 2021, 11:04:15 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
He is listed at 5'-9" and is 24 years old already.  I know he scored a lot of points in college (at Campbell University), but I have a hard time getting excited or even interested in this.  We don't need another Carsen Edwards.

« Reply #1359 on: October 15, 2021, 01:59:17 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
He is listed at 5'-9" and is 24 years old already.  I know he scored a lot of points in college (at Campbell University), but I have a hard time getting excited or even interested in this.  We don't need another Carsen Edwards.

I don’t think anyone’s getting excited.  The rule is that the last 3-4 players you release from training camp who are on exhibit 10s can go to your G-League team, rather than going to the G-League draft.  That’s all Clemons is — a guy they can send to Maine.  They’re just filling out the Red Claws (or whatever they’re called now) roster.  No more, no less.

« Reply #1360 on: October 15, 2021, 05:27:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Adam Himmelsbach: Celtics are expecting Ryan Arcidiacono and Juwan Morgan will join the Maine Celtics as affiliate players, per source. They’d still be free to sign with another team.

Both were waived today.

« Reply #1361 on: October 15, 2021, 05:54:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Adam Himmelsbach: Celtics are expecting Ryan Arcidiacono and Juwan Morgan will join the Maine Celtics as affiliate players, per source. They’d still be free to sign with another team.

Both were waived today.
Arch weirdly seems to have forgotten how to play since 2018-19
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1362 on: October 15, 2021, 06:18:22 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Joel Ayayi just waived by the Lakers. That's a guy I want on a two-way. He's tough. Could play in stints. Has upside.

I know his injuries are a concern, but for a two-way contract, that's a solid option.

« Reply #1363 on: October 15, 2021, 06:30:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Joel Ayayi just waived by the Lakers. That's a guy I want on a two-way. He's tough. Could play in stints. Has upside.

I know his injuries are a concern, but for a two-way contract, that's a solid option.

Good three point shooter....

« Reply #1364 on: October 15, 2021, 06:37:59 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Chaundee Brown is my preferred option of those released by the Lakers today.  Classic 3&D who could give some emergency minutes in a call up.  42% from 3 last year in college, 46% in preseason and a tenacious defender.  I was hoping the C’s would buy a pick in the late 50s for him, and I think the Lakers are foolish for letting him go.  I know the odds are low, but I really hope we claim him.  Not a high ceiling player, but someone who could very much have a Danny Green like career.