Author Topic: Trade idea: Charlotte & Indy  (Read 2179 times)

Trade idea: Charlotte & Indy
« on: July 19, 2021, 08:22:10 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Going different route with no Celtics trade..

Charlotte trade Gordon Hayward to Indy for Myles Turner & Jeremy Lamb

Charlotte
Turner
Washington
Bridges
Rozier
Ball

Indy
Sabonis
FA PF
Warren
Hayward
Brogdan

C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Trade idea: Charlotte & Indy
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 09:42:48 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

.not a bad idea

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 10:19:43 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  Turner is a big defensive weakness. He gets blocks because he can’t move out to guard anybody and he really doesn’t shoot the three that great. He also is a clutch on offense. Nobody wants the guy. DPOY candidate stuff is so absurd to me. He’s rewarded with praise for being so slow on d to rotate, fills a particular stat and DpOY candidate. Rob Williams is a better player right now.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 10:20:21 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Clutz on offense

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 10:22:42 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Good backcourt/wing group for Indy but that "FA PF" is no easy slot to fill.  I am not sure that Charlotte would do this unless they feel that Hayward is just going to break down again.  I am sure if this did happen, or something similar to it, that it would generate a ton of debate on this forum.  Same as when OKC flips Kemba.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 10:58:53 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Good backcourt/wing group for Indy but that "FA PF" is no easy slot to fill.  I am not sure that Charlotte would do this unless they feel that Hayward is just going to break down again.  I am sure if this did happen, or something similar to it, that it would generate a ton of debate on this forum.  Same as when OKC flips Kemba.
Or put Sabonis at PF and get a center like Noel or someone
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 11:20:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Wasn't what the offer was for us.  Charlotte needs a center.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

And we should have taken it!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2021, 12:12:10 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Here we go.  This is a made up trade scenario that even if was true, is not apples to apples.  We knew we were going to lose Hayward so for us, it was take Turner and Lamb (or some combination of players and possibly even a pick have been speculated) or get a TPE plus sign Thompson and Teague (who has actually been some help to MIL in the playoffs).  It is not exactly this but it ended up being we got Thompson, Teague and Fournier instead of 3 years of Turner and some player and/or pick from Indy.

So now to hypothetically undo this, we would trade Thompson, Teague (if we had him), and Sign/Trade Fournier for Turner and Lamb.  Who signs up for that?  Not me but I seem far less high on Turner than many.  I guess if you really like Turner, you are willing to trade Thompson and trade or let Fournier walk to get him.  I prefer Thompson and Fournier to Turner and Lamb.

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2021, 01:28:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Here we go.  This is a made up trade scenario that even if was true, is not apples to apples.  We knew we were going to lose Hayward so for us, it was take Turner and Lamb (or some combination of players and possibly even a pick have been speculated) or get a TPE plus sign Thompson and Teague (who has actually been some help to MIL in the playoffs).  It is not exactly this but it ended up being we got Thompson, Teague and Fournier instead of 3 years of Turner and some player and/or pick from Indy.

So now to hypothetically undo this, we would trade Thompson, Teague (if we had him), and Sign/Trade Fournier for Turner and Lamb.  Who signs up for that?  Not me but I seem far less high on Turner than many.  I guess if you really like Turner, you are willing to trade Thompson and trade or let Fournier walk to get him.  I prefer Thompson and Fournier to Turner and Lamb.
It was Turner, McDermott, 1st for Hayward.  That is much better than just Turner and Lamb
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 02:32:42 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

It was Turner, McDermott, 1st for Hayward.  That is much better than just Turner and Lamb

If that is true as one reported variation on the possible trade but that is not what was stated in the post that I responded to.  The statement that I responded to was "we should have taken Turner and Lamb" (paraphrased).

Even if the Turner, McDermott, and a First rumor is real (no one knows this), we ended up with Thompson, Teague and a TPE used for Fournier.  My point is the real question is whether we are better off with Thompson, Teague, and Fournier or would you trade Thompson and Fournier right now for Turner, McDermott, and a First if that is really something that is on the table.  I am skeptical about the whole rumor (maybe what was offered was Turner and Lamb, who knows) and in particular about the first round pick so how about just Thompson/Fournier for Turner/McDermott?  Is that really a gigantic missed opportunity?

I actually like Thompson (who we likely will trade for something) and Fournier over Turner and McDermott but it is fairly close.  To me, it is not like we missed this great opportunity.  Others seem to like Turner more than I do and really wanted him.  Now if there really was a first round pick (Indy 2021 pick) also in the mix with reasonable protections, that to me would tip the scales the other way but still pretty close.  I think Thompson will get traded so it may come down to what we get for him.

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2021, 10:31:30 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

If that is true as one reported variation on the possible trade but that is not what was stated in the post that I responded to.  The statement that I responded to was "we should have taken Turner and Lamb" (paraphrased).

Even if the Turner, McDermott, and a First rumor is real (no one knows this), we ended up with Thompson, Teague and a TPE used for Fournier.  My point is the real question is whether we are better off with Thompson, Teague, and Fournier or would you trade Thompson and Fournier right now for Turner, McDermott, and a First if that is really something that is on the table.  I am skeptical about the whole rumor (maybe what was offered was Turner and Lamb, who knows) and in particular about the first round pick so how about just Thompson/Fournier for Turner/McDermott?  Is that really a gigantic missed opportunity?

I actually like Thompson (who we likely will trade for something) and Fournier over Turner and McDermott but it is fairly close.  To me, it is not like we missed this great opportunity.  Others seem to like Turner more than I do and really wanted him.  Now if there really was a first round pick (Indy 2021 pick) also in the mix with reasonable protections, that to me would tip the scales the other way but still pretty close.  I think Thompson will get traded so it may come down to what we get for him.
I'd much rather have Turner, McDermott, extra 1st, and Theis over Fournier, Thompson, Teague.  No question at all in my mind.  And Boston still may have been able to trade for Fournier using McDermott and the 1st. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip