Author Topic: What’s next ?  (Read 17499 times)

Re: What’s next ?
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2021, 05:52:42 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Trade Smart, Romeo & Grant for Hield..sign Schroeder

Al Horford
Enes Katner
TimeLord
Bruno Fernando
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Buddy Hield
Josh Richardson
Aaron Nesmith
Dennis Schroeder
Payton Pritchard
Kris Dunn

Man, that would be awesome. Schroder and Hield in the backcourt alongside Jaylen and Tatum. That is a load of offensive firepower. Dribble penetration from Schroder. Elite perimeter scoring from Hield. With Jaylen and Tatum leading the show. Horford there to facilitate the offense.

G: Schroder, Pritchard, Dunn
G: Hield, Josh Richardson
F: Jaylen, Nesmith
F: Tatum, (Nesmith)
C: Horford, Rob Williams, Kanter

That team is a darkhorse title contender.

If Brad could do that, how much less appealing would it make the Beal plan?   Yam and Begarin ready to contribute in a year or two.  And if Rob can breakout rather than break.

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2021, 08:09:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Al Horford
Enes Katner
TimeLord
Bruno Fernando
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Buddy Hield
Josh Richardson
Aaron Nesmith
Dennis Schroeder
Payton Pritchard
Kris Dunn

Man, that would be awesome. Schroder and Hield in the backcourt alongside Jaylen and Tatum. That is a load of offensive firepower. Dribble penetration from Schroder. Elite perimeter scoring from Hield. With Jaylen and Tatum leading the show. Horford there to facilitate the offense.

If Brad could do that, how much less appealing would it make the Beal plan?   Yam and Begarin ready to contribute in a year or two.  And if Rob can breakout rather than break.

1st reaction: I'd rather roll with that team than with Beal.

2nd reaction: We'd surely lose Schroder in FA next year. We wouldn't have his bird rights so how could we pay him what he would be able to get in the market? We would have to take a wrecking ball to the team anyway to try and keep him. Not sure how well that works. Might go for Beal at that point.

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2021, 08:40:59 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Anyone know what the hang up is on the Smart contract signing is ?
My guess would be that Smart's agent leaked those figures in hopes of attracting a better offer somewhere else.
Whoever signs him for that kind of money is going to regret the deal 2 years in.  Hopefully it's not the Celtics.

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2021, 09:34:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Al Horford
Enes Katner
TimeLord
Bruno Fernando
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Buddy Hield
Josh Richardson
Aaron Nesmith
Dennis Schroeder
Payton Pritchard
Kris Dunn

2nd reaction: We'd surely lose Schroder in FA next year. We wouldn't have his bird rights so how could we pay him what he would be able to get in the market? We would have to take a wrecking ball to the team anyway to try and keep him. Not sure how well that works. Might go for Beal at that point.
If the C's did the Hield trade, I wonder if they could sign and trade for Schroder by sending out Richardson.  I haven't done the math to see if that avoids the apron, but that would lock Schroder in for at least 2 years and would get him some decent money.  Richardson seems like the kind of player the Lakers would actually have an interest in and he is expiring so they have plenty of options to move him as well (if they wanted to). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2021, 06:54:12 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

Al Horford
Enes Katner
TimeLord
Bruno Fernando
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Buddy Hield
Josh Richardson
Aaron Nesmith
Dennis Schroeder
Payton Pritchard
Kris Dunn

If the C's did the Hield trade, I wonder if they could sign and trade for Schroder by sending out Richardson.  I haven't done the math to see if that avoids the apron, but that would lock Schroder in for at least 2 years and would get him some decent money.  Richardson seems like the kind of player the Lakers would actually have an interest in and he is expiring so they have plenty of options to move him as well (if they wanted to).

I really like Hield and it would be awesome to field that line up but……

I still would opt for Beal, if it was in the cards. He’s a multidimensional scorer capable of leading the league and a pretty solid playmaker. In the NBA, with only 5 guys on the court playing both ends, 1+1 does not equal 2. While Schroder and Hield are great role players, Beal (+Pritchard or even Dunn) is just so much more of a threat.

- LilRip

« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2021, 12:16:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Al Horford
Enes Katner
TimeLord
Bruno Fernando
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Buddy Hield
Josh Richardson
Aaron Nesmith
Dennis Schroeder
Payton Pritchard
Kris Dunn

I really like Hield and it would be awesome to field that line up but……

I still would opt for Beal, if it was in the cards. He’s a multidimensional scorer capable of leading the league and a pretty solid playmaker. In the NBA, with only 5 guys on the court playing both ends, 1+1 does not equal 2. While Schroder and Hield are great role players, Beal (+Pritchard or even Dunn) is just so much more of a threat.
As long as Boston didn't go above the apron there is nothing stopping them from trading for Beal during the season.  Hield would obviously be a big chunk of the salary/value going to Washington in that scenario and Schroder or Richardson as well.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Wow , look at all those point guards. We need to narrow down and find us a decent power forward. hopefully not Markkanan. Always hurt .i guess if we had six of them it wouldn’t be an issue. Same with shooting guard.

« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2021, 12:58:07 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Markkanan not Martinez

« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2021, 02:18:11 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
What’s next?

Celtics trade Jaylen Brown for Ben Simmons
Celtics sign Bradley Beal

Roster

Ben Simmons
Marcus Smart
Bradley Beal
Jayson Tatum
Robert Williams III
Three thoughts on this:

1. No way would I trade Brown for Simmons.
2. Simmons ain't a guard. Not sure why people complain about his shooting, yet they continue to think he's a PG. Only reason he's forced to play on the ball at Philly is cause he's sharing the floor with a dominant low-post scorer in Embiid. If we trade for him, I bet we'd use him at PF alongside Horford. That said, imo he'd be at his best as a Point Center.
3. Don't see the point in pairing Simmons with a rim runner. Timelord and Simmons would be a terrible fit next to each other.
Really? You don't know why people continue to talk about Simmons in the context of him being a guard?

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2021, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Is M Smart gonna be in the starting lineup this season. Are we or did we make an attempt to acquire M Bagley. not suggesting we trade Smart for Bagley.

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2021, 10:53:07 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Rumor, Lollards to BOston by Christmas.

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2021, 11:33:15 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

It's not a rumor it's one of "5 bold predictions" by a guy on BR.

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2021, 11:41:46 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
I don’t want to trade Brown anyways, maybe Kat but not Lillard or Beal.

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2021, 11:46:55 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Pro sports daily is where I saw it. by the way I was just roaming nba stuff.

« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2021, 01:24:26 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Even accidental John Wycliffe references need to be celebrated. TP.