11 (55%)
Buddy Hield
2 (10%)
Draymond Green and James Wiseman
4 (20%)
Sexton
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Poll: Philly should trade Simmons for...  (Read 8727 times)

Re: Poll: Philly should trade Simmons for...
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2021, 08:09:57 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Tough spot because I think they have to trade him. He's never going to thrive there. But his value is all time low and if he gets to a good situation, he's going to look awesome and everyone is going to remember that he's a 3-time all star and 2-time all defensive 1st teamer and Philly will look bad for not getting a better deal.

But they have no one to blame but themselves.

Unless they really think they can get him on a productive track in Philly but that feels... unlikely.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2021, 10:24:35 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
One league source recently told The Sacramento Bee the Kings would have to send a minimum of three first-round picks to the 76ers in a trade constructed around Hield and Bagley. Another source said the 76ers wouldn’t be interested unless Fox or Haliburton were included in the trade, but Hield’s elite 3-point shooting and Bagley’s unrealized potential could be appealing if a better deal doesn’t materialize."

Um, yeah.  I'd trade Simmons for three unprotected Kings alone, let alone adding Hield.
Hield and Bagley don't have much value around the league.  If they did, they wouldn't still be on the Kings.  Clearly the Sixers would need way more than that to trade Simmons.  That said, the Kings do have 9 in the current draft, which would have to be appealing to the Sixers.  I think they could also get Barnes by including Hill and someone like Joe.  I just don't know why the Sixers or Kings would make a trade that didn't include a PG leaving the Kings and going to the Sixers, just from a roster construction standpoint. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2021, 11:15:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
One league source recently told The Sacramento Bee the Kings would have to send a minimum of three first-round picks to the 76ers in a trade constructed around Hield and Bagley. Another source said the 76ers wouldn’t be interested unless Fox or Haliburton were included in the trade, but Hield’s elite 3-point shooting and Bagley’s unrealized potential could be appealing if a better deal doesn’t materialize."

Um, yeah.  I'd trade Simmons for three unprotected Kings alone, let alone adding Hield.
Hield and Bagley don't have much value around the league.  If they did, they wouldn't still be on the Kings.  Clearly the Sixers would need way more than that to trade Simmons.  That said, the Kings do have 9 in the current draft, which would have to be appealing to the Sixers.  I think they could also get Barnes by including Hill and someone like Joe.  I just don't know why the Sixers or Kings would make a trade that didn't include a PG leaving the Kings and going to the Sixers, just from a roster construction standpoint.

Good point Mo. Any deal for Simmons would have to include Haliburton.  Fox is the franchise so Haliburton. Hield, and Bagley plus #9 this year that's pretty dang fair.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2021, 11:40:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Embiid
Bagley
Thybulle
Hield
Haliburton

#9 pick

That would be hard to turn down for Philly

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2021, 12:10:49 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Yam!

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 12:17:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Good point Mo. Any deal for Simmons would have to include Haliburton.  Fox is the franchise so Haliburton. Hield, and Bagley plus #9 this year that's pretty dang fair.

Massive overpay for a headcase.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2021, 07:51:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's the kind of deal an MVP gets, not Simmons
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2021, 08:06:53 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2021, 09:01:22 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

That's the kind of deal an MVP gets, not Simmons

Yeah that's absurd despite me being down on Hield and Bagley. Honestly Hield, Bagley, and 9 is an overpay, never mind Hali too.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2021, 12:02:42 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I guess it is a pretty bad sign the kings apparently won’t consider trading fox for simmons. It seems his value around the league may not be what the 76ers would hope for. At the same time, it would be awfully tough to bring him back next season. It seemed like he threw a hissy fit just from being mentioned in the harden trades and this is much more substantial (plus Philly fans have turned on him).

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2021, 10:10:16 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
I guess it is a pretty bad sign the kings apparently won’t consider trading fox for simmons. It seems his value around the league may not be what the 76ers would hope for. At the same time, it would be awfully tough to bring him back next season. It seemed like he threw a hissy fit just from being mentioned in the harden trades and this is much more substantial (plus Philly fans have turned on him).
I'd be surprised if they wouldn't trade Fox for Simmons straight up, but I got the impression the Sixers were asking for Fox + a bunch of other stuff.  Also, I think you could make a reasonable argument that Fox has more value than Jaylen Brown and I don't think many people would be trading Brown for Simmons either and certainly not if other things were expected.  And before anyone goes crazy, Fox just averaged 25/7/3.5 with 1.5 steals and a respectable TS% of 56.5 and a pretty strong FTr.  Fox is still just 23 and will be entering his 5th season and is signed long term.  He has great value.

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2021, 12:09:43 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I'd be surprised if they wouldn't trade Fox for Simmons straight up, but I got the impression the Sixers were asking for Fox + a bunch of other stuff.  Also, I think you could make a reasonable argument that Fox has more value than Jaylen Brown and I don't think many people would be trading Brown for Simmons either and certainly not if other things were expected.  And before anyone goes crazy, Fox just averaged 25/7/3.5 with 1.5 steals and a respectable TS% of 56.5 and a pretty strong FTr.  Fox is still just 23 and will be entering his 5th season and is signed long term.  He has great value.

Fox does not have more value than brown around the league.  Maybe 5 Gms in the league would rather have Fox. Maybe 5.

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2021, 12:37:06 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Fox does not have more value than brown around the league.  Maybe 5 Gms in the league would rather have Fox. Maybe 5.

I would think Fox has slightly more trade value than Brown. He plays a premium position and is also signed for more years. I just looked up the SI top 100 players going into this season, Brown was #38 and Fox was #37. I only mentioned those rankings to show how close the two players are.

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2021, 02:04:20 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

I would think Fox has slightly more trade value than Brown. He plays a premium position and is also signed for more years. I just looked up the SI top 100 players going into this season, Brown was #38 and Fox was #37. I only mentioned those rankings to show how close the two players are.
He also has less experience.  If you compare year 1 to year 1, year 2 to year 2, etc. Fox has been better statistically pretty much across the board.  Brown is the better defender, but Fox can do so much more offensively I think he makes up for the defense edge held by Brown. 

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2021, 04:21:20 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Jason Anderson of The Sacramento Bee has reported that it’s “highly unlikely” Fox is going to be traded:

The potential for a deal is there, but the 76ers are reportedly seeking an All-Star caliber player in return. De’Aaron Fox would probably fit that description, but sources have maintained the Kings are highly unlikely to trade their dynamic 23-year-old point guard. The Sacramento Bee has confirmed the Kings have expressed interest in Simmons, but Fox has not been discussed in any trade talks.

Sounds like, at least as of now, they would not give up Fox for Simmons.

Also I do think Fox's trade value is higher than some would guess. He is a good player that is stuck in the stink of sac town. However, I do think Brown has a bit more value because of his position, his defense and the fact that he has contributed to some very good basketball teams. I think it was telling a guy like Conley made the all star game over Fox. Definitely may be some concerns over whether he is a good stats bad team guy.