11 (55%)
Buddy Hield
2 (10%)
Draymond Green and James Wiseman
4 (20%)
Sexton
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Poll: Philly should trade Simmons for...  (Read 8739 times)

Poll: Philly should trade Simmons for...
« on: July 14, 2021, 11:47:17 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
CJ would be a great fit I think.  Some solid options for Philly.

Re: Poll: Philly should trade Simmons for...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 12:07:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'd try to package Simmons and picks for Dame. 

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 12:19:18 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I'd try to package Simmons and picks for Dame.

The reason I didn't put Dame is because I think they're is zero chance of that happening  unless Philly is sending 3picks plus swaps.

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 12:21:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Simmons isn't getting traded for any of those options, but the Green/Wiseman package is the most value.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 12:22:23 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I'm curious as to how you came up with those trade ideas, as only McCullum seems realistic for both sides. I thought I read a report where Philly isn't interest in McCullum though, but rather Lillard for Simmons.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 01:07:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
None of those guys are good enough to trade Ben Simmons for.

Keep him. Wait for a better deal.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 01:25:46 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I thought the Brogdon + TJ Warren idea was decent value for Philly (this was another thread).

I don't think anyone is going to pony up what Philly appears to be looking for.  I am sure they are in no rush, they can go all the way to the trade deadline if need be but I don't see them getting someone like Lillard for Simmons.  And I don't see Philly "settling" for the likes of Lowry, Heild, or Sexton.  Green and Wiseman is interesting value but just doesn't make sense in terms of fit for either team.

CJ McCollum (of Lehigh Mountain Hawks fame) would be a good fit for Philly and reasonable value match but I don't see Portland making this swap due to fit.  How does Simmons make Portland better (if it costs them McCollum or Lillard)?

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 01:38:50 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
None of those guys are good enough to trade Ben Simmons for.

Keep him. Wait for a better deal.

That only makes sense if you think he’ll improve.

He seems to have some sports psychology issues. First he psychology impaired himself from even trying outside shots.  Then it was free throws.  Now, it’s shooting in the fourth quarter at all.

At what point does he go full-Rodman, only adding passing, some rebounding and defense?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 01:55:12 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I thought the Brogdon + TJ Warren idea was decent value for Philly (this was another thread).

I don't think anyone is going to pony up what Philly appears to be looking for.  I am sure they are in no rush, they can go all the way to the trade deadline if need be but I don't see them getting someone like Lillard for Simmons.  And I don't see Philly "settling" for the likes of Lowry, Heild, or Sexton.  Green and Wiseman is interesting value but just doesn't make sense in terms of fit for either team.

CJ McCollum (of Lehigh Mountain Hawks fame) would be a good fit for Philly and reasonable value match but I don't see Portland making this swap due to fit. How does Simmons make Portland better (if it costs them McCollum or Lillard)?

He'd immediately help them defensively.

Depending on what they'd send out with CJ, I think he'd make them a better overall team. A starting lineup featuring Dame/Powell/RoCo/Ben is bigger and more versatile defensively. I think they'd need to look for a better shooter at the 5 than Nurkic, but he's movable as a $12m expiring.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 02:19:18 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

CJ McCollum (of Lehigh Mountain Hawks fame) would be a good fit for Philly and reasonable value match but I don't see Portland making this swap due to fit. How does Simmons make Portland better (if it costs them McCollum or Lillard)?

Depending on what they'd send out with CJ, I think he'd make them a better overall team. A starting lineup featuring Dame/Powell/RoCo/Ben is bigger and more versatile defensively. I think they'd need to look for a better shooter at the 5 than Nurkic, but he's movable as a $12m expiring.

I forgot about Powell.  He has a player option for $11.6M.  He could probably get more but not sure enough teams have enough space so he may take it.  He definitely would provide some of the scoring lost if McCollum is traded.  Unless the change of scenery allows Simmons to really improve though, I think POR is better with McCollum over the next few seasons.  Yes, Simmons gives them some defense and versatility but I see an awkward fit.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 02:33:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Simmons to Kings for Hield & Bagley..then 76ers signs hometown hero Lowery

Embiid
Bagley
Harris
Hield
Lowry
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2021, 02:37:20 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Simmons to Kings for Hield & Bagley..then 76ers signs hometown hero Lowery

Embiid
Bagley
Harris
Hield
Lowry

That's an offensive power house but loses a lot on the defensive end.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 03:15:50 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I forgot about Powell.  He has a player option for $11.6M.  He could probably get more but not sure enough teams have enough space so he may take it.  He definitely would provide some of the scoring lost if McCollum is traded.  Unless the change of scenery allows Simmons to really improve though, I think POR is better with McCollum over the next few seasons.  Yes, Simmons gives them some defense and versatility but I see an awkward fit.

We just have to disagree on Portland being better with CJ. The Dame/McCollum backcourt has had more than enough time to show what it's capable of and it's obvious the defensive limitations are too much to overcome when it matters. Unless CJ has another growth spurt + talent leap left in him at 30 and can be more Klay Thompson-esque in two-way play, the CJ/Dame tandem has run its course.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2021, 04:37:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One league source recently told The Sacramento Bee the Kings would have to send a minimum of three first-round picks to the 76ers in a trade constructed around Hield and Bagley. Another source said the 76ers wouldn’t be interested unless Fox or Haliburton were included in the trade, but Hield’s elite 3-point shooting and Bagley’s unrealized potential could be appealing if a better deal doesn’t materialize."

Um, yeah.  I'd trade Simmons for three unprotected Kings alone, let alone adding Hield.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2021, 07:19:58 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I'm curious as to how you came up with those trade ideas, as only McCullum seems realistic for both sides. I thought I read a report where Philly isn't interest in McCullum though, but rather Lillard for Simmons.

These are all rumors at this point. Figured I'd throw them all together to see what celtics fans think is fair value