Author Topic: Celtics Summer League  (Read 18073 times)

Re: Celtics Summer League
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Summer League Prep is underway.

Looks like PP got a little sun and worked out a bit.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2021, 09:13:35 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Judging from the pictures, Yam has got to put on some muscle if he wants to be an nba player.

I'm pumped for summer league. I need that after the disappointing FA week. If the Celtics are going to be anything more than a 1st round playoff exit, they're going to need someone to step up in a big way. IMO, the most likely candidate for that is Nesmith. If he shows himself to be a dependable scorer and shooter, much of what we were hoping to get back with Fournier would be replaced.

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2021, 10:09:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
on Grant per Jared Weiss
Grant Williams was given the option whether to play at summer league this year & declined so he can continue to recover from the season after being a part of the playoff rotation for his first 2 years in the league, per sources. He has been working out in Boston & LA this summer.

My question is recovering from what?  Bench splinters? 

This sounds more like his agent trying to limit his exposure and chance of being exposed possibly.  I think when given the option they wanted him to go.

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2021, 10:14:24 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
on Grant per Jared Weiss
Grant Williams was given the option whether to play at summer league this year & declined so he can continue to recover from the season after being a part of the playoff rotation for his first 2 years in the league, per sources. He has been working out in Boston & LA this summer.

My question is recovering from what?  Bench splinters? 

This sounds more like his agent trying to limit his exposure and chance of being exposed possibly.  I think when given the option they wanted him to go.

Funny stuff!  TP
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2021, 10:29:21 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Can’t wait for grant williams to be gone

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2021, 01:19:42 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Are you kidding me?!

The Celtics are playing on Sunday? I don't care which Celtics are playing, this is Christmas for me.

Celtics rooks on Sunday.

Tom Brady on Monday. This has got to be December.

One night I'm watching the Turkish guy win the archery gold medal...the next night I've got the Celtics...the world is right again.

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2021, 12:11:12 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
CausewayStreet @CausewayStreet4m

Speaking of draft-and-stash… #Celtics #NBASummerLeague
John Karalis 🇬🇷

Celtics announce they have added second round draft pick Juhann Begarin to the Summer League roster

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2021, 12:37:01 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I just do not get the negativity toward Grant Williams on this team.

The dude is putting in work in the off-season to become a better player. He's already won a playoff game for us by switching onto FVV and blocking his shot late at the buzzer of a game to win it. His three point shooting improved last year. He's a good helpside defender. He's unselfish and keeps the ball moving.

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2021, 01:08:15 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

The dude is putting in work in the off-season to become a better player. He's already won a playoff game for us by switching onto FVV and blocking his shot late at the buzzer of a game to win it. His three point shooting improved last year. He's a good helpside defender. He's unselfish and keeps the ball moving.

I'd much rather Williams work on his game vs playing in summer league.  He need to work on his shooting to the point where his hands bleed.  If Grant can get his 3pt shot up to 40% he becomes much more valuable.  He needs to work on handles, post up game and shot.  playing against rookies and non NBA caliber players does not help him.  Romeo needs to play because he hasn't had much PT against anyone in 3 years.

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2021, 01:09:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

John Karalis 🇬🇷

Celtics announce they have added second round draft pick Juhann Begarin to the Summer League roster

This going to be a really stacked summer league team for us. Very exciting!

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2021, 01:21:32 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree, Grant Williams doesn't need the summer league.  He is what he is.  And there isn't anything that the Celtics need to see.  They know what Grant Williams is.  Summer league is for player like Yam to show what they have or for players like Langford and Nesmith get some run.  I am disappointed that Moses Brown isn't on the summer league team but other than that, I think the squad looks promising.

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2021, 02:04:01 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799

John Karalis 🇬🇷

Begarin should be fun to watch.  I think he is only 18!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2021, 02:12:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I'm a huge believer in GW if he becomes a combo forward by losing weight and expanding his game. If he doesn't and remains a heavy undersized 5 I'm done with him. Some people see him as a small ball big, I don't. Just like Gomez he needs to give up on playing a big man type of game and play more like a SF. Even if he does it somewhere else I hope he changes and sticks in the league.

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2021, 02:34:49 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

I'm a huge believer in GW if he becomes a combo forward by losing weight and expanding his game. If he doesn't and remains a heavy undersized 5 I'm done with him. Some people see him as a small ball big, I don't. Just like Gomez he needs to give up on playing a big man type of game and play more like a SF. Even if he does it somewhere else I hope he changes and sticks in the league.
A lot of that weight is bone and muscle, not easy for him to shed. He's a just an nba big man who isn't tall enough. He'll probably never be light on his feet enough to defend anyone on the perimeter. Great young man, he'll probably have a nice career playing overseas.

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2021, 02:58:35 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

John Karalis 🇬🇷

Begarin should be fun to watch.  I think he is only 18!

Begin the Begarin!

Between him and Yam, adds back some of the fun we missed not having a 1st round pick. First look at our draft and stashes.