Author Topic: U.S.A. Olympic Basketball  (Read 97560 times)

Re: U.S.A. Olympic Basketball
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2021, 12:16:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Yabuuuuuuuu!!!!

Who we are still paying... :(

« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2021, 12:18:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Our three best players (Durant, Lillard, Tatum) shot 10-for-31, and 5-for-20 from 3PT.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2021, 01:02:53 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Yabuuuuuuuu!!!!

The wining bear!!!! At one minutes when he lyed on the ground with his eyes stroke and americans were shooting 3 or 4 bricks in à row... A legend in the making :) To be more serious he will play for Real Madrid next year after a solid euro league year. He is a good FIBA player just not have what it takes for NBA...

Evan impressed me, he is ice cold. Very talented for scoring.  He also lead some Magic wins playing like that. But I don't get the argue that this very Nice olympic FIBA game show we have to sign him. You may be right but there is interogations on resigning him :
_ he will very probably have a 20+M contract. Until he is 33 of age. Which lock our marge for FA and he won't make any discount. I want us to be ready to bring the 3rd guy, probably Beal.
_ he won't be a very positiv part in a trade ans can even become a bad contract (imagine we are a PO team no more abd we want to move Evan in 2023 with 31 and 45M 2Y left). Whatever almost nothing in a Beal or star trade
_ He is another scoring first wing. He needs less the ball than Kemba but still interogates the fit with the Jays.

At 15M there is no question. He can be 6th men of the year. I admit his heroic match show he can be usefull PO Guy. He gained maturity and consistancy lately. But still questions and if we don't resign him or he becomes a lilimiting fit,  I think some will eat there tongue with all their certitudes.

Whatever a great night to support french team. And for US, fortunately Czech Rep won the TQO, it xould have been a lot of pression against Canada, Grèce...

« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
This Fournier guy is pretty good

I don't get people who question whether we should resign him.
Of course we want him back.

Yeah, it’s more like does Evan want to come back. If I’m him I’d want to play where I’m more featured, not 4th wheel. I seriously am stating to doubt he has serious interest in returning. Or that Celtics would pay him what he can get in the market.

He was while Kemba was on the team. Who do you have as the 3rd option, Horford? I think Evan would be the 3rd wheel on offense. Not sure what other team can pay him $15-20m/year while also having a more talented roster than the C’s.
Smart. Quoting Ime: Jayson and Jaylen are the pillars, Smart the foundation. Don’t recall Fournier referred to as a building material. Did I miss something?  Celtics journalists even say we are better with Fournier coming off the bench. That may in fact be true, as you don’t want too many high usage guys on floor at same time, but do you think Fournier is going to consider re-signing in Boston without a promise of a starting position? I’m just growing skeptical that he’s coming back to Boston. Hope he does.

Ime did say that Smart was one of the pillars, which from a toughness and defensive standpoint he is. Like Draymond Green is for the Warriors.  At no point did Udoka say that Smart is the 3rd option offensively. Marcus is clearly an inferior player on the offensive end. If Evan re-signs with Boston, the optimal starting lineup IMO would be Smart, Fournier, Brown, Tatum and Horford. Bench rotation of: Pritchard, Langford, Nesmith, TBD PF,  Timelord.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 01:57:40 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Sounds like the 2020 Celtics were playing in place of Team USA given at their performance against France.

Can't see us winning gold this year. Sloppy exhibition games, and sloppy game 1.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2021, 02:01:37 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
With Fournier playing out of his mind and destroying Tatum...lol

I think he definitely aint coming back..and wth is goin on with team USA?.

Man international competition has gone a long way since the days when USA were beatin opponents up by 30.

This USA team might not even make the next round with another loss.

Yeah back then Team USA had the LeBron superfriends, Kobe, Warriors death lineup...they would just steamroll the competition eviscerating other countries by like 30-80 points. Those were the glory days.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2021, 02:29:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This Fournier guy is pretty good

I don't get people who question whether we should resign him.
Of course we want him back.

Yeah, it’s more like does Evan want to come back. If I’m him I’d want to play where I’m more featured, not 4th wheel. I seriously am stating to doubt he has serious interest in returning. Or that Celtics would pay him what he can get in the market.

He was while Kemba was on the team. Who do you have as the 3rd option, Horford? I think Evan would be the 3rd wheel on offense. Not sure what other team can pay him $15-20m/year while also having a more talented roster than the C’s.
Smart. Quoting Ime: Jayson and Jaylen are the pillars, Smart the foundation. Don’t recall Fournier referred to as a building material. Did I miss something?  Celtics journalists even say we are better with Fournier coming off the bench. That may in fact be true, as you don’t want too many high usage guys on floor at same time, but do you think Fournier is going to consider re-signing in Boston without a promise of a starting position? I’m just growing skeptical that he’s coming back to Boston. Hope he does.

Ime did say that Smart was one of the pillars, which from a toughness and defensive standpoint he is. Like Draymond Green is for the Warriors.  At no point did Udoka say that Smart is the 3rd option offensively. Marcus is clearly an inferior player on the offensive end. If Evan re-signs with Boston, the optimal starting lineup IMO would be Smart, Fournier, Brown, Tatum and Horford. Bench rotation of: Pritchard, Langford, Nesmith, TBD PF,  Timelord.

Maybe. Or maybe Fournier like Hayward has no interest being the third, low usage wing on a mediocre team. I’m just reading tea leaves here. I predict he will sign with another team for more money and/or to play bigger role. Fournier probably sees himself in same category as Brown and Tatum. It’s not like he’s being asked to play a supporting role to Lebron James. But Playing a supporting role to a guy who can’t even crack starting lineup on a pretty below average USA team.  I’d love for him to return. But not looking good right now.

« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2021, 02:36:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
But Playing a supporting role to a guy who can’t even crack starting lineup on a pretty below average USA team

Lol. 

Are you playing a LarBrd33 schtick here?  It’s hard to take you seriously with comments like that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #218 on: July 25, 2021, 04:14:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Yabuuuuuuuu!!!!

The wining bear!!!! At one minutes when he lyed on the ground with his eyes stroke and americans were shooting 3 or 4 bricks in à row... A legend in the making :) To be more serious he will play for Real Madrid next year after a solid euro league year. He is a good FIBA player just not have what it takes for NBA...

Evan impressed me, he is ice cold. Very talented for scoring.  He also lead some Magic wins playing like that. But I don't get the argue that this very Nice olympic FIBA game show we have to sign him. You may be right but there is interogations on resigning him :
_ he will very probably have a 20+M contract. Until he is 33 of age. Which lock our marge for FA and he won't make any discount. I want us to be ready to bring the 3rd guy, probably Beal.
_ he won't be a very positiv part in a trade ans can even become a bad contract (imagine we are a PO team no more abd we want to move Evan in 2023 with 31 and 45M 2Y left). Whatever almost nothing in a Beal or star trade
_ He is another scoring first wing. He needs less the ball than Kemba but still interogates the fit with the Jays.

At 15M there is no question. He can be 6th men of the year. I admit his heroic match show he can be usefull PO Guy. He gained maturity and consistancy lately. But still questions and if we don't resign him or he becomes a lilimiting fit,  I think some will eat there tongue with all their certitudes.

Whatever a great night to support french team. And for US, fortunately Czech Rep won the TQO, it xould have been a lot of pression against Canada, Grèce...

We are still paying Yabu next season I think because we stretched him.

« Reply #219 on: July 25, 2021, 04:17:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Pop may be over rated as a coach because of Tim Duncan and those teams, his lineups were dog doo doo

« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I think Pop may be over rated as a coach because of Tim Duncan and those teams, his lineups were dog doo doo

Needs to tighten up that rotation.

« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2021, 05:52:01 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
2 hours ago – via Joe Vardon @ The Athletic
To be clear, Popovich is horrified by his own record coaching this team. He dwells on it and hates the losing. The players are frustrated, too, grumbling on their way back to the locker room about “running the San Antonio offense” when apparently they feel like there are better ideas. Pop has said, because of the truncated nature of Team USA’s training camp, the offense would be based on “concepts” instead of set plays
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2021, 06:24:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
With Fournier playing out of his mind and destroying Tatum...lol

I think he definitely aint coming back..and wth is goin on with team USA?.

Man international competition has gone a long way since the days when USA were beatin opponents up by 30.

This USA team might not even make the next round with another loss.

Yeah back then Team USA had the LeBron superfriends, Kobe, Warriors death lineup...they would just steamroll the competition eviscerating other countries by like 30-80 points. Those were the glory days.
The world has also come a long way. 4 of the best players in the world are not American in Giannis, Jokic, Doncic and Embiid, along with many other good players, like Gobert and Siakam. World is catching up and FIBA ball > NBA ball
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2021, 06:28:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
abusele was in there making key plays for France in crunch time

Yet he never made one key NBA play his whole career.  He was complete garbage.
Which to me puts the significance of today's loss in perpective. Total choke job but it also sounds like a typical Celtics game from the past season - too many 3's, not enough passing and a team not playing up to the level of its talent.  And Tatum was involved.

Is there a fan base that overrates it’s players more than the Celtics fans. this team is so poorly constructed it’s not even funny. Best move is to move Smart and pieces for Simmons. or you move Brown for Liliard or Beal

« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2021, 06:30:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
abusele was in there making key plays for France in crunch time

Yet he never made one key NBA play his whole career.  He was complete garbage.
Which to me puts the significance of today's loss in perpective. Total choke job but it also sounds like a typical Celtics game from the past season - too many 3's, not enough passing and a team not playing up to the level of its talent.  And Tatum was involved.

Is there a fan base that overrates it’s players more than the Celtics fans. this team is so poorly constructed it’s not even funny. Best move is to move Smart and pieces for Simmons. or you move Brown for Liliard or Beal
You should see Lakers fans and their delusional takes on Talen Horton-Tucker and Alex Caruso
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)