Author Topic: Windy: Kawhi Out for Game 5. Rest of Series "in doubt"  (Read 4275 times)

Re: Windy: Kawhi Out for Game 5. Rest of Series "in doubt"
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 02:19:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Argh ... man, this sucks.

These playoffs have been awful. Yes, there have been some good games but it is terrible to see how many teams are being taken out by injuries. This is survival of the fittest. Not who is the best team.

Completely agree. What a disappointing playoffs.

Now we have to see whether Jayson Tatum is going to be healthy after adding the Olympics to his schedule.

Yeah these guys should not be playing in the Olympics. There are going to be a bunch of extra injuries next season because of that tournament.

There is usually an increase in injuries anyway from the Olympics ... nevermind after a season like this adding to the lack of recovery time between now, the Olympics and next season.

Their bodies need rest and their minds need rest. Too much competing. Too much fatigue - mental and physical.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 03:02:44 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Wow with this news and the CP3 news the Jazz may have just punched their ticket to the finals.

Last night’s loss was such a disaster for the Bucks, and this makes it even worse. They had a real shot at this thing.

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 04:07:47 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Clippers entering an interesting stage. If true that he has torn ACL, he’ll miss a good portion of next year as well. Wonder what they do team building wise.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 04:10:04 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Clippers entering an interesting stage. If true that he has torn ACL, he’ll miss a good portion of next year as well. Wonder what they do team building wise.
Trade for Kemba!  ;)
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 05:25:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Can we just skip to a Nets / Jazz Finals before anybody else goes down?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 05:27:31 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

With the rate this is going the main people to watch in that Finals will be Jordan Clarkson vs Jeff Green. ;D

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 05:38:11 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
LBJ has a tweet that stretched tweeter.

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 05:39:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

With the rate this is going the main people to watch in that Finals will be Jordan Clarkson vs Jeff Green. ;D

The way Green is playing I'll take him!

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 05:43:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sub in Stockton / Malone vs. Kmart / R. Jefferson

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 06:03:48 PM »

Kiorrik

If he is out next season, how does that impact Balmer off season moves? Make a trade for Kemba more likely, or less likely?  I could see argument more  likely as they need to get another scorer to replace Kawhi.   And they already give up unprotected 2022 first round pick to get George, so, they can't tank next season.

I don't see anyone picking up Kemba at all. Unless they only judge him by that last month he played?

("Gave" not "Give")

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
LeBron James@KingJames

They all didn’t wanna listen to me about the start of the season. I knew exactly what would happen. I only wanted to protect the well being of the players which ultimately is the PRODUCT & BENEFIT of OUR GAME! These injuries isn’t just “PART OF THE GAME”. It’s the lack of PURE

RIM REST rest before starting back up. 8, possibly 9 ALL-STARS has missed Playoff games(most in league history). This is the best time of the year for our league and fans but missing a ton of our fav players. It’s insane. If there’s one person that know about the body and how it

works all year round it’s ME! I speak for the health of all our players and I hate to see this many injuries this time of the year. Sorry fans wish you guys were seeing all your fav guys right now.

Celtics fans aren't buying this.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 06:27:23 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Argh ... man, this sucks.

These playoffs have been awful. Yes, there have been some good games but it is terrible to see how many teams are being taken out by injuries. This is survival of the fittest. Not who is the best team.

Completely agree. What a disappointing playoffs.

Now we have to see whether Jayson Tatum is going to be healthy after adding the Olympics to his schedule.

Yeah these guys should not be playing in the Olympics. There are going to be a bunch of extra injuries next season because of that tournament.

There is usually an increase in injuries anyway from the Olympics ... nevermind after a season like this adding to the lack of recovery time between now, the Olympics and next season.

Their bodies need rest and their minds need rest. Too much competing. Too much fatigue - mental and physical.

I'm disappointed that Tatum's committed to the Olympic team. All season long we kept hearing how the team needed more rest, more recovery time, and then he does this? Can't wait until the injury carousel commences next season (which it definitely will).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
You almost forget how good Paul George is, when he has been taking a backseat to more dominant players the last few seasons (i.e. Westbrook and then Leonard).  George was a beast in Indiana though.  It was good to see that player back in action. 

And Lue, man, coaching masterpiece completely eliminating Gobert. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
This is why I can't take Gobert seriously as a top 10 or even top 15 player. He is too easily taken out of games by elite opponents. His skill-set does not adapt well to top level competition. It excels against lower to midlevel competition. Not elite competition.

The league has changed too much. If this were still back in the old days, Gobert would be comparable to Mutombo in impact but this isn't back in the day. Mutombo of the 90s wouldn't be the same player today either. The game has changed too much. Players of their ilk are not as effective (in all situations) as they were in the past.

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2021, 11:51:06 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This is why I can't take Gobert seriously as a top 10 or even top 15 player. He is too easily taken out of games by elite opponents. His skill-set does not adapt well to top level competition. It excels against lower to midlevel competition. Not elite competition.

The league has changed too much. If this were still back in the old days, Gobert would be comparable to Mutombo in impact but this isn't back in the day. Mutombo of the 90s wouldn't be the same player today either. The game has changed too much. Players of their ilk are not as effective (in all situations) as they were in the past.
Eh I don't buy that at all. His impact is still sizable even against poor matchups - he still made a ton of key stops for the Jazz despite being put on the highlight reel by Mann and Jackson a few times this game. I think this video describes his value well, even in the playoffs: https://youtu.be/y93fx0ZDLAQ
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA