Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 175990 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #720 on: October 31, 2021, 06:41:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
TD Pats

« Reply #721 on: October 31, 2021, 07:22:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Very good win by Pats. In the true Belichickian tradition, this team is getting better and better each week and will probably be even better a month from now.

« Reply #722 on: October 31, 2021, 07:37:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Nice win Pats! 

And Brady throws a pick 6 to lose in NO.

« Reply #723 on: October 31, 2021, 08:11:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Looks like TB might be in trouble after that loss to the Saints at the Superdome

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #724 on: October 31, 2021, 09:05:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Looks like TB might be in trouble after that loss to the Saints at the Superdome
You say this after every single Tampa loss
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #725 on: October 31, 2021, 09:21:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
It was obviously a bad loss, but the Jets with a QB no one has ever head of beat the team that was the top seed in the AFC, the Browns scored 10 points and lost to the Steelers, etc.  Just a weird season where you get weird results.  And I know Brady had 2 picks (and one was the game), but he also had 4 TD's and 375 yards.  It wasn't like he looked like his arm was giving out on him or anything.  The Bucs will be fine.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #726 on: October 31, 2021, 09:24:22 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
It was obviously a bad loss, but the Jets with a QB no one has ever head of beat the team that was the top seed in the AFC, the Browns scored 10 points and lost to the Steelers, etc.  Just a weird season where you get weird results.  And I know Brady had 2 picks (and one was the game), but he also had 4 TD's and 375 yards.  It wasn't like he looked like his arm was giving out on him or anything.  The Bucs will be fine.

Not really Brady's fault. Tampa's D can't get owned by Trevor Semien.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #727 on: November 01, 2021, 12:21:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
The Pats to me are a very good team. Maybe not a great team, but I think they are definitely a playoff-caliber team and really, if it weren't for some bad luck (like the Miami game fumble late) they could easily be 5-3 or even 6-2 right now.

They've played great teams like TB, DAL, etc. very tough and now just took down a tough Chargers team on the road and made Herbert look pedestrian in the process (which hasn't been an easy feat, ask almost every other team over the past 2 seasons).

The schedule starts to ease up and I think if they can go 6-3 in their next 9 games, then they finish 10-7 and that should get them a wild card spot.

What's encouraging to me is that, there actually seems to be improvement and progress every week and it's noticeable. It's not like last year where they just were super inconsistent and the offense in particular just looked mediocre ALL season long. They bought in a lot of new players and now they are starting to get comfortable and gel. The O-Line is looking solid again and it's making a difference.

I think the AFC is more wide open than most and I wouldn't count out the Pats. Not saying they are a SB threat but they can absolutely be a playoff team this season. Keep it rolling!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #728 on: November 01, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Pats could potentially sneak in as the 7th seed as there are only 4 teams I'd say are absolutely better than them (at least right now) in the AFC (Titans, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs - yes the Chiefs) but they are also currently looking up to the Raiders, Bengals, Steelers, and Chargers and they are tied with the Browns, all of which could reasonably end up ahead of them.  But they'd be looking a lot better if they didn't blow the Dolphins and Bucs games.

« Reply #729 on: November 01, 2021, 12:36:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Rams going all in.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
10m
Blockbuster: Broncos are finalizing a trade to send eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two second-day 2022 draft picks, league sources tell ESPN.

Miller is now saying his goodbyes to his friends in the Broncos’ training facility.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #730 on: November 01, 2021, 01:05:37 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Rams going all in.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
10m
Blockbuster: Broncos are finalizing a trade to send eight-time Pro Bowl linebacker Von Miller to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for two second-day 2022 draft picks, league sources tell ESPN.

Miller is now saying his goodbyes to his friends in the Broncos’ training facility.

Wow. Von Miller.

Rams may just win the Superbowl in their home stadium this year

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #731 on: November 01, 2021, 02:05:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rams going all in.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
10m

Wow. Von Miller.

Second day means 2nd and 3rd rounders now?

Sounds like a fair deal for both squads.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #732 on: November 01, 2021, 03:47:36 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Rams going all in.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
10m

Wow. Von Miller.

Second day means 2nd and 3rd rounders now?

Sounds like a fair deal for both squads.
Yep, 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Rams now only have a 5th round pick and 2 7th round picks.  They haven't made a 1st round pick since Goff in 2016.  They are going the anti-draft team building.  Be interesting to see if they actually make the SuperBowl now that they have a high priced QB.

« Reply #733 on: November 01, 2021, 04:27:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Pats could potentially sneak in as the 7th seed as there are only 4 teams I'd say are absolutely better than them (at least right now) in the AFC (Titans, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs - yes the Chiefs) but they are also currently looking up to the Raiders, Bengals, Steelers, and Chargers and they are tied with the Browns, all of which could reasonably end up ahead of them.  But they'd be looking a lot better if they didn't blow the Dolphins and Bucs games.

I expect some teams to enter the playoff picture (like KC, CLE) but also some teams to drop out (like CIN, etc.). Also, it's still kind of early in the season. 17-game season and right now, the best team in the AFC is 6-2, which is 2 games ahead of NE at 4-4. Not a huge gap and many teams in the mix.

It'll be a fun 9 weeks ahead. I expect KC even with some flaws will go on a run and be great in the AFC again but to me that has more to do with the AFC this year. I mean, lot of great teams of course but I don't see anyone that looks "invincible" like KC between 2018-2020 or Baltimore for a few years.

Also, as much as I hate seeing anyone get injured those things also matter especially in the 2nd half and playoffs when games matter. Titans are 6-2 but may have lost Henry for at least the rest of the regular season. Big loss. Other teams have also gotten some big injuries lately which could impact this.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #734 on: November 02, 2021, 05:17:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
It appears Henry Ruggs got drunk and killed someone this morning as he has been charged with dui resulting in death.