Author Topic: Source: Houston Rockets to waive DeMarcus Cousins  (Read 5712 times)

Re: Source: Houston Rockets to waive DeMarcus Cousins
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2021, 02:25:28 AM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
I didn't want Thompson and I don't want Cousins.  Timelord needs to be given 20-25 minutes on a consistent basis.

Agree - That would at least feel like we had a purpose to what we are doing every game. Letting the young core develop together.
Along with that philosophy, play Pritchard at PG more minutes. I know he has struggled of late, but at least we could see how a possible future, contending core would develop together. Just for his morale, keep Kemba starting, but move him over to 2 guard more and give Nesmith some minutes there as well.

Pritchard, Smart, Tatum, Brown and RWilliams - yes I know there would be struggles, but at least we would have a purpose and direction beyond just making the playoffs and making it to the second round. Is that enough pure talent to win a title ? Williams and Pritchard would have to make huge improvements the next couple of seasons. If not, that makes a good second unit and we bring in major upgrades.

I agree... We have 4 intriguing young players (TL, PP, Langford, Nesmith) that have to develop sooner than later. They should be given the minutes to accelerate their development instead of bringing on a Cousins that will eat up the few minutes Timelord does get.

The only benefit to not playing RW3 is to keep the money of his next contract as low as possible, which brings me to my next point. If Brad isn’t going to play Timelord, the best option might be to trade him before the deadline because there’s going to be a GM that sees the value in a young DeAndre Jordan and sign him to an offer sheet that will be too expensive for the role he’s currently slotted in.