Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 207549 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #1260 on: May 07, 2021, 09:46:18 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Rondo is really good.
He's been really solid for the Clippers. Best he's looked since he was in New Orleans.

Brooklyn playing exciting ball vs Mavericks...

LOL at everyone that thought Blake Griffin was cooked. The guy tanked his way to Brooklyn.
And they lost.
This made me laugh
Not as much as Kyrie airballing a layup in crunch time.
Gonna have to find a video of this for sure! Sounds fantastic
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/n6nnrm/highlight_kyrie_airballs_a_wide_open_layup/
Somehow better than I imagined it would be. How is that even possible for someone with his skills??

My favorite part of that video, is that Kyrie boxes out his defender as if there is no way he could possibly miss the entire rim without somebody else touching the ball. Meanwhile Jeff Green SPRINTS to get the ball haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #1261 on: May 07, 2021, 09:53:19 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Rondo is really good.
He's been really solid for the Clippers. Best he's looked since he was in New Orleans.

LOL at everyone that thought Blake Griffin was cooked. The guy tanked his way to Brooklyn.
And they lost.
This made me laugh
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/n6nnrm/highlight_kyrie_airballs_a_wide_open_layup/
Somehow better than I imagined it would be. How is that even possible for someone with his skills??

My favorite part of that video, is that Kyrie boxes out his defender as if there is no way he could possibly miss the entire rim without somebody else touching the ball. Meanwhile Jeff Green SPRINTS to get the ball haha.

That part of the play made sense.  If Kyrie touches the ball first, it’s a travel, so he boxed out to let a teammate have a chance.  If he were acting like he couldn’t have just airballed it, he’d have picked up the ball himself.  My favorite part is definitely the airball itself.

« Reply #1262 on: May 07, 2021, 10:05:59 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Rondo is really good.

And they lost.
This made me laugh

That part of the play made sense.  If Kyrie touches the ball first, it’s a travel, so he boxed out to let a teammate have a chance.  If he were acting like he couldn’t have just airballed it, he’d have picked up the ball himself.  My favorite part is definitely the airball itself.
Yea I didn't even think of that. I was convinced Kyrie thought it was impossible he airballed it haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #1263 on: May 09, 2021, 03:58:48 AM »

Offline DocomoCelts

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24

And they lost.
This made me laugh

« Reply #1264 on: May 09, 2021, 03:49:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Jimmy Butler is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. He just does whatever his team needs to win. Scoring, passing, rebounding...He runs the offense and plays elite defense. Can take over the game in the 4th quarter. Butler missed 18 games this season and the team was 6-12 without him. He’s everything you want in a leader.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1265 on: May 09, 2021, 03:53:09 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Jimmy Butler is one of the most underrated players in the NBA. He just does whatever his team needs to win. Scoring, passing, rebounding...He runs the offense and plays elite defense. Can take over the game in the 4th quarter. Butler missed 18 games this season and the team was 6-12 without him. He’s everything you want in a leader.

They are the true 4th seed and was just ravaged by injuries.

we on the otherhand are probably the true 6th seed but will have to go thru the Play in...Just tough, tough season for the Cs.

« Reply #1266 on: May 09, 2021, 05:52:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If Miami are healthy they be tough to beat.. just look at last season
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1267 on: May 09, 2021, 06:36:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, you've got to tip your cap to him. I know the individual stats aren't eye-popping (22/7/7 is still REALLY good), but he has to make All-NBA this year, right? Seems like a guy people have been sleeping on. The Heat are firing on all cylinders at just the right time and they will be a tough out in the playoffs. At least we won't need to play them in the play-in. Hopefully we can pull out a win against them on Tuesday. 4 more games to right the ship

« Reply #1268 on: May 09, 2021, 07:34:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, you've got to tip your cap to him. I know the individual stats aren't eye-popping (22/7/7 is still REALLY good), but he has to make All-NBA this year, right? Seems like a guy people have been sleeping on. The Heat are firing on all cylinders at just the right time and they will be a tough out in the playoffs. At least we won't need to play them in the play-in. Hopefully we can pull out a win against them on Tuesday. 4 more games to right the ship
Given Durant and LeBron will be knocked for games missed I can't see why Butler wouldn't
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1269 on: May 09, 2021, 09:56:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Luka ejected for hitting Sexton below the belt, Marcus Smart style

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31418759/luka-doncic-tossed-flagrant-2-foul-one-technical-away-suspension

One more tech and he gets an automatic suspension. Yet, he doesn't get anywhere near the amount of flak Marcus gets for this stuff. Imo, this reflects the passion both of these guys play the game with, and people should just cool down about criticizing them. Neither of them have violent intentions.

« Reply #1270 on: May 10, 2021, 12:31:41 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Rozier had 43.

Dang we could use him right now.

« Reply #1271 on: May 10, 2021, 12:49:34 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rozier would never have played the role he's playing for the hornets if he'd stayed on the Celts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #1272 on: May 10, 2021, 06:47:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Woj: Duncan Robinson could get offers around $20 million annually

Miami Heat forward Duncan Robinson will enter restricted free agency this offseason, and ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski thinks he’s due for a significant pay raise. – via Jenna Ciccotelli @ Bleacher Report
 Top Rumors, Free Agency,

« Reply #1273 on: May 10, 2021, 07:20:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Rozier would never have played the role he's playing for the hornets if he'd stayed on the Celts.

I assume he'd have taken Kemba's minutes and done quite well with them.

We'd be a significantly better team with Rozier than Kemba.  It's hindsight, I was in favor of signing Kemba and letting Terry walk at the time.

I could see Terry scoring 20 ppg for this Celtic team, which is about what he is averaging with Charlotte.

« Reply #1274 on: May 10, 2021, 07:33:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I assume he'd have taken Kemba's minutes and done quite well with them.

We'd be a significantly better team with Rozier than Kemba.  It's hindsight, I was in favor of signing Kemba and letting Terry walk at the time.

I could see Terry scoring 20 ppg for this Celtic team, which is about what he is averaging with Charlotte.
Rozier averages 20PPG as the #1 option in Charlotte, leading them in FGAs by a fair bit. He would never be that here, and we don’t have playmakers like Ball, Hayward and even Graham to unlock him like Charlotte do.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)