Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 206502 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #1230 on: May 04, 2021, 11:21:01 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Is it going to be Nets/Celtics in the first round?

It may look like it. Better hope the lock up the 6th seed and play the Bucks.

I think the Bucks are going to move into second. I'd rather play the Nets than the Bucks at this point.

« Reply #1231 on: May 05, 2021, 04:25:26 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Is it going to be Nets/Celtics in the first round?
oh geez!! Rather miss playoffs then getting sweep and embarrass
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1232 on: May 05, 2021, 09:50:59 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP about 8 hours ago

If you're into trying to chart the Celtics post-season path with 7 games/12 days left. The number to keep an eye on is Miami's. Keep in mind a Celtics win in either of the Heat games in Boston (May 9 & 11) reduces that number by 3, as the Celtics would then own the tie-breaker. pic.twitter.com/vw4RO7uGxq

Our magic number is 7 with MIA for the 6th seed. 9 for ATL for the 5th seed.

« Reply #1233 on: May 05, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Did anyone see the post game show last night on TNT? Shaq was getting roasted by the host, Wade and Candace Parker. Shaq had a snot rocket hanging out of his nose, but wasn't getting the subtle hints by everyone to clean his nose. As they went to a highlight, you can see Shaq grabbing his cell phone to see what was going on. They stopped the highlight because no one could stop laughing. One of Shaq's greatest attributes is his ability to not take everything serious and laugh at himself.

« Reply #1234 on: May 05, 2021, 08:21:46 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Did anyone see the post game show last night on TNT? Shaq was getting roasted by the host, Wade and Candace Parker. Shaq had a snot rocket hanging out of his nose, but wasn't getting the subtle hints by everyone to clean his nose. As they went to a highlight, you can see Shaq grabbing his cell phone to see what was going on. They stopped the highlight because no one could stop laughing. One of Shaq's greatest attributes is his ability to not take everything serious and laugh at himself.

Shaq and Candace have a somewhat tense relationship on that show. It seems like Shaq may not be sensitive to Candace’s feminist sensibilities. JMHO

« Reply #1235 on: May 05, 2021, 09:08:06 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
come on suns!!!  help us out please

« Reply #1236 on: May 05, 2021, 09:54:00 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
come on suns!!!  help us out please

Not tonight. Up 20 with 9:20 left. Chris Paul having a tough game and ATL scoring 47 off the bench.

« Reply #1237 on: May 05, 2021, 09:57:07 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
OTOH. NYK down 26 with 6+ minutes left in the 2nd to DEN and they don't have an easy game left on their schedule.

« Reply #1238 on: May 05, 2021, 10:00:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wait, what? Shaq might have one of the most fragile egos I see on TV
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1239 on: May 05, 2021, 10:07:40 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Wait, what? Shaq might have one of the most fragile egos I see on TV

Candace Parker almost makes Shaq cry every night.....

« Reply #1240 on: May 05, 2021, 10:08:31 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
No one wants any part of the Wizards in the postseason. They could beat anyone....

« Reply #1241 on: May 06, 2021, 08:40:26 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
No one wants any part of the Wizards in the postseason. They could beat anyone....
In the play-in games sure.  But barring injury, don't see them challenging any of the top teams in a 7 games series

« Reply #1242 on: May 06, 2021, 10:11:43 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
In the play-in games sure.  But barring injury, don't see them challenging any of the top teams in a 7 games series
I think they'd give Brooklyn a real headache.  Beal and Westbrook would make Kyrie and Harden work their butts off on D and considering that's not what they like doing, they'll have a field day against Brooklyn.  Question is whether anyone else in Wash would be able to step their games on offense to make the rest of Brooklyn work.  Boston's really the only other team I see in the East that has the personnel to make Brooklyn really work on defense.  That's really the key to beating them in a series.

« Reply #1243 on: May 06, 2021, 01:13:12 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I think they'd give Brooklyn a real headache.  Beal and Westbrook would make Kyrie and Harden work their butts off on D and considering that's not what they like doing, they'll have a field day against Brooklyn.  Question is whether anyone else in Wash would be able to step their games on offense to make the rest of Brooklyn work.  Boston's really the only other team I see in the East that has the personnel to make Brooklyn really work on defense.  That's really the key to beating them in a series.

When you say Boston has the personnel to make Brooklyn work on defense, do also think Boston has a chance to win too? Brooklyn is the one team I don't want to see the Celtics play. Brooklyn is 3-0 against Boston, and in not one of those games have Kyrie, Durant, and Harden played together.

« Reply #1244 on: May 06, 2021, 01:45:01 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

When you say Boston has the personnel to make Brooklyn work on defense, do also think Boston has a chance to win too? Brooklyn is the one team I don't want to see the Celtics play. Brooklyn is 3-0 against Boston, and in not one of those games have Kyrie, Durant, and Harden played together.

I'm with you -- I'd rather not face Brooklyn in the first round.  I do think that we can beat them, and likely we'll ultimately have to if we want to make a return trip to the conference finals, but our defense has been way too inconsistent this year for me to think it would be a good matchup.  Maybe we can clean up our defense in the first round of the playoffs, because fingers crossed that the combination of off days, practices, and playoff intensity can create some level of consistency that has been lacking all season.  But I'd like at least a round against some other opponent, even the Bucks or the Sixers, before I face the Nets.