Author Topic: Cousins uninterested in playing for 90 seconds after not getting a foul call  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Only makes it more likely that the 'cans ship him off and not Davis.
I think they give him the big deal, if he wants to stay that is.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Are people seriously surprised?  Dude's a cancer and always has been.  Only an idiot would willingly introduce cancer into their system.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lakers fan think their next BIg three is Lewhine , George and Boogie .

Im not sure ,  Lewhine wants to take on coaching Boogie .

This sounds like another Laker instant contention bag of triicks .......like Kobe , Howard and Nash and a coach that loves uptempo basketball .....totally not gonna work.

Don't think Lebron will even sign to play with Boogie and Ball .....hey tha would be Boogie Ball ...no?

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
They down 24 have the worst coach in the NBA (how has he kept his job this long?) and while he cried to the ref he still got back. I was expecting to see a video where he legit gave up for 90 seconds what I saw was typical of his play.

I think we as Celtics have become spoiled with guys willing to play hard every single possession. Go to YT watch other teams highlights and you'll see guys doing this almost every single game.

Not a fan of Cousins but his frustration is legit this guy has been on a losing squad every single year he's been in the league. Winning solves a lot of issues and who you play for makes a difference. Cousin is an emotional player like Dramond Green difference is one plays for a winner and one doesn't both still cry to refs a ton.

It's easy to point to Cousin's and say he's the reason any team he's on is a dud but in NO it's very clearly a Gentry problem.

No doubt Gentry is out of his league coaching that team.  The fact that he didn't call a timeout during that sequence is inexcusable for a team battling for a playoff spot. 

But, Cousins is also the worst good player I've ever seen.  The fact that he's in his 8th season and he's literally never been on a winning team should tell you everything you need to know.

This is the NBA... one good player can take a team from league-worst to the playoffs in a season.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This is the NBA... one good player can take a team from league-worst to the playoffs in a season.

No way.  Good players don’t do that. Heck, even a lot of great players, probably most of them, don’t do that.

What are some of the examples you were thinking of?  Russell, Bird, Duncan, KG with some caveats.  Those guys are all top-25 all-time.  Lebron, Hakeem, MJ, Magic, etc. are all capable. Who else, outside of pantheon players, do you have?

I give Cousins a pass for Sacramento. New Orleans has a bit more of a realistic shot at the playoffs, although their roster and coach are both a mess.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

No way.  Good players don’t do that. Heck, even a lot of great players, probably most of them, don’t do that.

What are some of the examples you were thinking of?  Russell, Bird, Duncan, KG with some caveats.  Those guys are all top-25 all-time.  Lebron, Hakeem, MJ, Magic, etc. are all capable. Who else, outside of pantheon players, do you have?

I give Cousins a pass for Sacramento. New Orleans has a bit more of a realistic shot at the playoffs, although their roster and coach are both a mess.

I hear you. In (presumably) his defense, “league-worst to playoffs” is very different than “league-worst to contenders”

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

What great player can you name that hasn't made the playoffs?  What good player? 

In fact, name me another NBA starter that's played 7 seasons or more and never played in a playoff game.

Of course good and great players take teams to the playoffs, that's not even a discussion.

Boogie is the fast food of NBA players, it looks like it should be good but it's all empty calories(stats) and no substance.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:26:47 PM by IDreamCeltics »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Name another NBA star that's played 7 seasons or more and never played in a playoff game.

I believe that’s called “moving the goalposts”.

But, Tom Van Arsdale. 29,000 career minutes, three consecutive all-star appearances, never made a playoff appearance in a 12 year career.

Among current players, Ricky Rubio.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:31:08 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Name another NBA star that's played 7 seasons or more and never played in a playoff game.

I believe that’s called “moving the goalposts”.

But, Tom Van Arsdale. 29,000 career minutes, three consecutive all-star appearances, never made a playoff appearance in a 12 year career.

Among current players, Ricky Rubio.
Van Arsdale is 74 years old and I’ve never heard anyone call Rubio a star.