Author Topic: All-Decade draft  (Read 28627 times)

Re: All-Decade draft
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 06:06:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Any interest in doing this during the offseason?
I'd for sure be down! I'll be on holiday, so I don't know how much help I can offer with running it, but I'd for sure be down to participate.
I'd be down for participating or running it, just need enough people to be interested in it lol.
For sure. Hopefully most of the historical draft guys would be in - thought that was fun all around!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 08:06:02 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'd love to join for basketball, whenever the mods would want to do it. I would probably sit out a soccer/football draft tho. I literally know nothing about the sport lol.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I flaked on the one this summer due having to rebook a vacation, but I’d prolly be down to do an NBA All Decade Draft this summer.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 10:02:58 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Depends on timing but I could be persuaded to come out of "fantasy retirement" for this.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 10:59:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have no problem running it again. But, after the Celtics season. It's a crap ton of work and not something I want to run during the season.

Except for one guy, we had a lot of good people and loads of fun last year. I also like to think we all learn a little something about basketball history when we do these things.

Perhaps rather than a decade we have a 21st century draft. That adds another decade of players....more selection.

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2020, 11:57:20 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I have no problem running it again. But, after the Celtics season. It's a crap ton of work and not something I want to run during the season.

Except for one guy, we had a lot of good people and loads of fun last year. I also like to think we all learn a little something about basketball history when we do these things.

Perhaps rather than a decade we have a 21st century draft. That adds another decade of players....more selection.
I'm aware of how time-consuming it can be, that was why I said this offseason. And I'm absolutely down for your suggestion, I've been looking at the early aughts a bit recently and I think there were some really interesting players in that era.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2020, 11:59:17 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Depends on timing but I could be persuaded to come out of "fantasy retirement" for this.
It'd likely start in the offseason, probably June to August (hopefully closer to the start of that timeframe).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
June would be a great time, for me personally. An all-decade draft might excite me even more than a historical draft. Finding gems will be even more important.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2020, 12:32:00 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
June would be a great time, for me personally. An all-decade draft might excite me even more than a historical draft. Finding gems will be even more important.

Yeah, post Finals/NBA Draft would be pretty sweet. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Count me in for both basketball and soccer.

Coming from Greece, soccer football is hands down the #1 sport here. Basketball is a clear second. I used to watch football all the time when I was a kid. Nowadays, I prefer basketball. Go Cretan Kings (a tiny little team from the island of Crete)! :)

Btw, up until a few years ago, most basketball fans in Greece weren't following the NBA. All they cared about was the Euroleague and/or to a lesser extent the Greek Basket League. Things have changed in the recent years, solely because of Giannis.

Anyway, off the top of my head, here's my best 11 consisting of players I've seen play (let's say from the mid 90s till today)

--------------------Buffon-----------------------------
Dani Alves----VvD----Maldini----Roberto Carlos
---------------------------------Xavi-------------------
------------Iniesta-------------------------------------
Messi-------------Zidane--------Cristiano Ronaldo
--------------------Ronaldo----------------------------

Manager: Alex Ferguson
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 03:20:10 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 03:47:42 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Coming from Greece, soccer football is hands down the #1 sport here. Basketball is a clear second. I used to watch football all the time when I was a kid. Nowadays, I prefer basketball. Go Cretan Kings (a tiny little team from the island of Crete)! :)

Btw, up until a few years ago, most basketball fans in Greece weren't following the NBA. All they cared about was the Euroleague and/or to a lesser extent the Greek Basket League. Things have changed in the recent years, solely because of Giannis.

Anyway, off the top of my head, here's my best 11 consisting of players I've seen play (let's say from the mid 90s till today)

No Scholesy in the midfield? I can't say much about your backline (haven't watched enough), but I've watched Xavi and Iniesta play and I think Scholes was a cut above them both.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

No Scholesy in the midfield? I can't say much about your backline (haven't watched enough), but I've watched Xavi and Iniesta play and I think Scholes was a cut above them both.
Xavi and Iniesta have won 1 World Cup and 2 European Championships, plus numerous titles at club level with FC Barcelona. Had Scholes won a World Cup with England, we would be having a different conversation. I mean, he was part of England's golden generation, yet they failed to meet expectations.

If I were to replace either Xavi or Iniesta, I'd select Vieira. The way I see it, I'm not ever sure whether Scholes was the best English central midfielder of his generation. Really hard to name the best player between Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 05:53:20 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

nice line up, but why Buffon and not Manuel Neuer?  ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_UdhMH5a8
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 05:47:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Great stuff guys but best to open a new thread on soccer/football or a soccer/football draft game to talk about this stuff. This is about a basketball draft game.

Thanks

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2020, 06:16:20 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

nice line up, but why Buffon and not Manuel Neuer?  ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY_UdhMH5a8
Mainly because of longevity. Buffon started playing at Parma at the age of 17 and he's still playing today at the age of 42! Obviously, they both are/were world class keepers. Can't go wrong with either one of them. Fwiw, I'd pick Neuer as my backup keeper.

@nickagneta
Fair enough. Won't post anything else. Feel free to move the posts in another thread if you see fit.