Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: FINALS RESULTS WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION  (Read 142726 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: CONFERNCE FINALS RESULTS & FINAL Matchups
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Nah, LeBron's beatable, but you have to bring your A game. When I voted, I didn't feel like Cleveland had the team to do it. But I did have LeBron's team losing in the first round. I think the biggest takeway from the Heat Spurs series is that if you have a guy who can guard LeBron and make him work at the other end, the teams are still beatable. I just don't think Butler and Wallace can do that anymore.

FWIW, LeBron should have lost last year but the All American Good Guyz were eliminated a round early.

« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2013, 12:38:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Nah, LeBron's beatable, but you have to bring your A game. When I voted, I didn't feel like Cleveland had the team to do it. But I did have LeBron's team losing in the first round. I think the biggest takeway from the Heat Spurs series is that if you have a guy who can guard LeBron and make him work at the other end, the teams are still beatable. I just don't think Butler and Wallace can do that anymore.

FWIW, LeBron should have lost last year but the All American Good Guyz were eliminated a round early.

While Rudy Gay can't slow down Lebron, I do think your Lakers were the team that gave us the most issues.  I've been pretty consistent with that, and were shocked you lost early.

As for Lebron, this year he has proved to be unbeatable.  You don't hear much about schemes, or offenses or defenses.  You don't hear a lot about the supporting cast.  Mostly, it's "He has Lebron, so he wins."  The game has become "broken" to some degree.  I just wonder if it would be fun to give all teams a shot at Lebron, to see how far that "unbeatable" theory extends.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2013, 12:49:24 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

While Rudy Gay can't slow down Lebron, I do think your Lakers were the team that gave us the most issues.  I've been pretty consistent with that, and were shocked you lost early.

As for Lebron, this year he has proved to be unbeatable.  You don't hear much about schemes, or offenses or defenses.  You don't hear a lot about the supporting cast.  Mostly, it's "He has Lebron, so he wins."  The game has become "broken" to some degree.  I just wonder if it would be fun to give all teams a shot at Lebron, to see how far that "unbeatable" theory extends.

Agreed. Before the lottery even took place, I was pretty sure whoever landed Lebron was going to win. It may or may not be fair but the guys perception is that he is literally unbeatable no matter what.

Maybe the CB Draft should be postponed until Lebron retires? Lol
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: 2013 CB Draft: CONFERNCE SEMI FINAL RESULTS & Finals Matchups
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2013, 01:15:29 PM »

fitzhickey

nick thinks that teams that don't participate have an advantage.  I disagree, and think that sitting a series out is generally going to be suicide (although Champ is proving to be the exception).

Thoughts?
Its a big advantage, as long as you get one or two high discussion posters on your side.

You don't have to set lineups or tactics, you can let posters like myself, Roy, Who do that for you. You can be more things to more posters.

So yeah I think its a very large advantage.

I still wonder if I might have won if Roy hadnt argued my team couldnt defend Fab Melo and 4 chairs.

I would have made the same argument whether Champ had showed up or not. Also, my much more vigorous arguments didn't do Dallas any favors.
Thanks for defending my team so passionately anyway :)

« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
said this in the minny/cavs thread, and figured id post here as well, since its a similar discussion in both threads:

voting is unique and a personal thing to each voter, in any circumstance (politics, cb draft, etc.).  everyone is different in what they value, what they foresee, and how they interpret things.  being told a voter is wrong, uninformed, or anything else that is being implied is just wrong imo.  this is a hypothetical exercise where voting takes place.  no one's vote is more valued or more important than the next person.  if someone does not agree with someone's analysis, interprets things differently, or projects different outcomes....they aren't wrong, misinformed, a sheep, or anything else....they have a difference of opinion, plain and simple..

« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
All this nonsense about LeBron be a "win button" is horse crap.

It's not my fault, or the fault of any of the others who have voted for Minny, that the opponent in each series Minny has participated in has been equally, if not more, flawed.  You have bring to your "A game", to beat him.  You also need a competent defender at the SF position.  None of the teams Minny faced can boast this (maybe Portland).

Once I saw the complete rosters, at the roster-lock deadline, I knew there would only be two teams capable of beating them (IMHO).  Atlanta was one of those teams.  The other, well, I'm sure you can guess what team that is.

The wrong team made it to the finals, again, not my fault.

« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2013, 01:32:40 PM »

fitzhickey

It's not my fault, or the fault of any of the others who have voted for Minny, that the opponent in each series Minny has participated in has been equally, if not more, flawed.  You have bring to your "A game", to beat him.  You also need a competent defender at the SF position.  None of the teams Minny faced can boast this (maybe Portland).

Once I saw the complete rosters, at the roster-lock deadline, I knew there would only be two teams capable of beating them (IMHO).  Atlanta was one of those teams.  The other, well, I'm sure you can guess what team that is.

I don't think it's a instant win having Lebron, but people certainly rate him on a god like level.
I'm thinking that Lebron certainly holds an advantage with the voters
on another note I am sure my Mavs could beat the T'wolves  :D

« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2013, 01:41:43 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

I don't think it's a instant win having Lebron, but people certainly rate him on a god like level.
I'm thinking that Lebron certainly holds an advantage with the voters
on another note I am sure my Mavs could beat the T'wolves  :D

Yeah, the Mavs might have been able to pull it off too.  Deng is one of the few players that can actually make LeBron work for his.  I still don't think I would have voted that way, but, maybe.

Here's the short list of players I put in the category of being able to make Lebron sweat; Paul George, Luol Deng, Kawhi Leonard, Paul Pierce, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony.  You don't have one of those players, you're likely going to lose.

Re: 2013 CB Draft: FINALS RESULTS WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2013, 12:44:18 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS IN THE FIRST PAGE OP

« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2013, 12:47:50 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Ouch to AB! That stings. We gotta get a better tie breaker than HCA, but Minny had the better seeding as well.

Congrats to MCP, rookie GM, wins lottery, wins tournament despite TIGHTLY contested finals. Good job!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2013, 01:13:32 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Timberwolves    8  Timberwolves win tie breaker due to HCA. Timberwolves win 2013 CB DRAFT Championship
Cavaliers       8

Loss by home court advantage? That would keep me up at night. Still hat tip to AB and AirBelinelli. Nice work gentleman. And three cheers for Nick who was a one man full court press. I'm still rubbing my eyes in disbelief at how smoothly this draft ran.

Finally, hearty congratulations to McHale's Pits. Speech. Speech.

« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2013, 01:28:47 AM »

fitzhickey

good finals series
so close
congrats to both AB an McHP's on a great job with their teams
big thanks to Nick for the greatly organised draft
will definitely do next year  :)

« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2013, 01:43:27 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
I see it was mentioned in the Finals thread, and I wanted to address the topic.  While there were a few posters who expressed disappointment in McHalesPits debate "style", or perceived lack of debate to be more precise, I found his style refreshing, whether intentional or otherwise.

To me, the most interesting and fun aspect of this game is the process of roster building.  It's a chance to see how good your GM'ing skills are, and compared to other's.  What I don't 'love' is the desires of some to turn it into a contest of who has better debating skills.  I find it takes away from what the 'real' objective is supposed to be.  So yes, make your point and then let the voters discuss amongst themselves.

Sadly, I suspect the powers that be like that it is more of a debating skills contest.  Seems underhanded to me.  So yeah, if rules are changed too drastically, and with the intention of placing further emphasis on what I view as nothing more than distraction tactics, I probably will not return as a GM.  I found a few posters general manner to be rather distasteful, and would likely be further put-off with stronger emphasis placed on the veracity with which one tries to 'sell' his or her team.

« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:15 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
I see it was mentioned in the Finals thread, and I wanted to address the topic.  While there were a few posters who expressed disappointment in McHalesPits debate "style", or perceived lack of debate to be more precise, I found his style refreshing, whether intentional or otherwise.

To me, the most interesting and fun aspect of this game is the process of roster building.  It's a chance to see how good your GM'ing skills are, and compared to other's.  What I don't 'love' is the desires of some to turn it into a contest of who has better debating skills.  I find it takes away from what the 'real' objective is supposed to be.  So yes, make your point and then let the voters discuss amongst themselves.

Sadly, I suspect the powers that be like that it is more of a debating skills contest.  Seems underhanded to me.  So yeah, if rules are changed too drastically, and with the intention of placing further emphasis on what I view as nothing more than distraction tactics, I probably will not return as a GM.  I found a few posters general manner to be rather distasteful, and would likely be further put-off with stronger emphasis placed on the veracity with which one tries to 'sell' his or her team.

TP. I would actually play again if there was some type of simulator involved at the end of the draft. I loved the draft, the wheeling and dealing. Hated the popularity contest/ who is the best at arguing. Great post.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2013, 01:59:18 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
Oh and who has the most time to argue*. I don't know how folks can dedicate so much time while at work.
The only color that matters is GREEN