Author Topic: Celtics (7-5) at Nets (2-11) Game #13 11/22/15  (Read 45126 times)

Re: Celtics (7-5) at Nets (2-11) Game #13 11/22/15
« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2015, 07:06:36 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
IT needs to stop just trailing Larkin off that high pick and roll and stay between Larkin and whoever is setting that pick, stopping that pass back.  Let Larkin beat us going to the basket on our bigs, I'll take that all day every day.

« Reply #136 on: November 22, 2015, 07:07:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I do agree though, the back court is way TOO small.

I would rather have Hunter and IT as our back court just for length and shooting.

I agree with this also.  I think that's part of why the team was doing so well with Bradley coming off the bench.  Bradley and IT are just not good together defensively, despite their best efforts.  The second unit also really misses Bradley ability to take quick shots off the catch and create shots for himself off the dribble.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #137 on: November 22, 2015, 07:08:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
The upside of this game might be that people won't be so eager to scoff at the notion that Brooklyn is not the Sixersian tankfest we all want them to be.
Because they might beat the Celtics? They're 2-11. We have over 620 minutes of evidence they're terrible. They have a bottom 3 differential. They're not the the Sixers, but my word, you guys are persistent.

Confirmation bias. Nets are playing with pride for the beatdown from Friday.

Sure, but hopeless teams destined for a bottom of the league record tend not to play with pride, period.  Even if they do, they typically don't have the horses to compete, regardless.  That's been the story with the Sixers for years now.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #138 on: November 22, 2015, 07:09:01 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919
We can complain all we want about the officiating and point out that the Nets are, indeed, shooting way above their pay level. But they're winning by 17.

It's time to accept the fact that this Nets team simply isn't as bad as we hoped they would be. Their starting five is good enough to keep them in games and win a few if their opponent is off.

Mike

« Reply #139 on: November 22, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707

I would rather have Hunter and IT as our back court just for length and shooting.

I agree with this also.  I think that's part of why the team was doing so well with Bradley coming off the bench.  Bradley and IT are just not good together defensively, despite their best efforts.  The second unit also really misses Bradley ability to take quick shots off the catch and create shots for himself off the dribble.

That and CBS has to pull Sullinger when he starts going into hero mode.

« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2015, 07:10:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
We can complain all we want about the officiating and point out that the Nets are, indeed, shooting way above their pay level. But they're winning by 17.

It's time to accept the fact that this Nets team simply isn't as bad as we hoped they would be. Their starting five is good enough to keep them in games and win a few if their opponent is off.

Mike

Hasn't this Nets team started poorly the last few years?  And each time they make a run late in the season when other teams stop caring and they sneak into the playoffs.

Am I misremembering that?
- Mark Twain

« Reply #141 on: November 22, 2015, 07:11:33 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
The upside of this game might be that people won't be so eager to scoff at the notion that Brooklyn is not the Sixersian tankfest we all want them to be.
Because they might beat the Celtics? They're 2-11. We have over 620 minutes of evidence they're terrible. They have a bottom 3 differential. They're not the the Sixers, but my word, you guys are persistent.

Sure, but hopeless teams destined for a bottom of the league record tend not to play with pride, period.  Even if they do, they typically don't have the horses to compete, regardless.  That's been the story with the Sixers for years now.

Not sure who said they were hopeless. I still think that's a top 5 pick maybe top 3 if Lopez misses any time. That's all you can ask for at this point in time.

« Reply #142 on: November 22, 2015, 07:11:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Celts down 17 at the half to one of the worst teams ever!

- Mark Twain

« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Not sure who said they were hopeless. I still think that's a top 5 pick maybe top 3 if Lopez misses any time. That's all you can ask for at this point in time.

Around here it's been pretty consistent -- you are allowed to have one of two opinions.  You think the Nets will challenge for the worst record in the league, or you think they will make the playoffs.

There are no in-betweens.  Anything you say will get placed into one of those categories.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2015, 07:13:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Mike

Hasn't this Nets team started poorly the last few years?  And each time they make a run late in the season when other teams stop caring and they sneak into the playoffs.

Am I misremembering that?

Well with no Pierce or Garnett, I don't really see them pushing their team into making the playoffs when their best player is Lopez who has so many injury concerns.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The Nets are banking 'literally,' on Johnson, Young, and Lopez doing well enough to propel them to the playoffs in an Eastern Conference that has steadily improved.

Yikes.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2015, 07:19:21 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

I was disappointed that Brad started them together... just had a bad feeling with the lack of size. I think it might be better to start Turner at the2 for size and keep AB as the 6th man

« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
The Nets are banking 'literally,' on Johnson, Young, and Lopez doing well enough to propel them to the playoffs in an Eastern Conference that has steadily improved.

Yikes.

Agreed, they've got 0 chance of getting there.  The East seems too deep this season.  It might actually take better than .500 to get the 8th seed, for once.

Bad start and all, though, I still think we're hoping for a Lopez injury to happen in order to end up with a top 5 pick (unless the lottery finally goes our way).
- Mark Twain

« Reply #148 on: November 22, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Came out looking awful again... seriously come on this is just pathetic

« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2015, 07:20:52 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 919

Around here it's been pretty consistent -- you are allowed to have one of two opinions.  You think the Nets will challenge for the worst record in the league, or you think they will make the playoffs.

There are no in-betweens.  Anything you say will get placed into one of those categories.

TP to you. I'm really hoping for that "challenge for the worst record" business, but they have at least a few players who can play. My biggest hope is that they have to go deep into their roster through the season. They only have a bit of leeway before they turn into the 76ers.

Mike