Author Topic: Trade Idea: Wannamaker and Poirier and a Pick (Mil 1st) for Saric (Phoenix)  (Read 5108 times)

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Any way we could add Baynes to the package lol?

But Saric is definitely someone I'd love to get. Semi + Wannamaker + Poirier and a 1st round pick + future 2nd get it done for Baynes + Saric? Otherwise, Ojeyele + pick(s) for Saric would be alright.

You are rusty, Phantom  ;) You know the rules won't allow us to trade for Baynes while he is still on the Suns.

But it sure would be great to bring him back. Such a shame we had to let him go.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

But Saric is definitely someone I'd love to get. Semi + Wannamaker + Poirier and a 1st round pick + future 2nd get it done for Baynes + Saric? Otherwise, Ojeyele + pick(s) for Saric would be alright.

You are rusty, Phantom  ;) You know the rules won't allow us to trade for Baynes while he is still on the Suns.

But it sure would be great to bring him back. Such a shame we had to let him go.

Wait aren't we allowed to after January? I thought that was the rule. I just used the NBA Trade Machine on ESPN to see if it worked. Maybe I am rusty lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Wait aren't we allowed to after January? I thought that was the rule. I just used the NBA Trade Machine on ESPN to see if it worked. Maybe I am rusty lol.
Pretty sure he has to be traded to another team then bought out for us to be able to have him.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
Saric would be a nice pick up for the Celtics. Another big that’s available is The Hawks’ Dedmon. He’s a decent three point shooter and is a bit more of a physical presence on defense, something the team sorely lacks. Dedmon has also asked to be traded.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Saric would be a nice pick up for the Celtics. Another big that’s available is The Hawks’ Dedmon. He’s a decent three point shooter and is a bit more of a physical presence on defense, something the team sorely lacks. Dedmon has also asked to be traded.
His contract (he also plays for the Kings) makes it super hard to trade for him though.

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
His contract (he also plays for the Kings) makes it super hard to trade for him though.

Sorry, I forgot he was with the Kings already.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pipedream trade they would laugh at that offer.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Why? Saric is an expiring who (in my opinion) is unlikely to stick around, and the Suns get a first round pick for no long-term salary and a first round pick.

Our pick is probably more likely to get them to consider, but it’s hardly some ludicrous trade.

I don’t think we would do it due to Waters only having so many games he can play

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Why? Saric is an expiring who (in my opinion) is unlikely to stick around, and the Suns get a first round pick for no long-term salary and a first round pick.

Our pick is probably more likely to get them to consider, but it’s hardly some ludicrous trade.

I don’t think we would do it due to Waters only having so many games he can play
he is their starting PF and they gave up a fair amount of draft slots to acquire him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
should have kept Baynes to begin with ,  and let all those junk chinese league calibre players go .

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

He is a starter, no?   Their leading rebounder and they are third in the Pacific Division.  That means they may want to add pieces not give up their starter for a pile of crap and a pick.  They are one spot out of the playoffs as it stands right now.

This is NOT NBA LIVE or NBA2K.

I think a more realistic deal would be with a team out of contention wanting to shed cap space.   I think CLE is a good example of a team that might be intrigued by some picks.   
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 08:29:50 AM by Celtics4ever »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

He is a starter, no?   Their leading rebounder and they are third in the Pacific Division.  That means they may want to add pieces not give up their starter for a pile of crap and a pick.  They are one spot out of the playoffs as it stands right now.

This is NOT NBA LIVE or NBA2K.

I think a more realistic deal would be with a team out of contention wanting to shed cap space.   I think CLE is a good example of a team that might be intrigued by some picks.
I could go for TT, but I don't want Love taking away shots from our wings, and not defending.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

he is their starting PF and they gave up a fair amount of draft slots to acquire him.

It is pretty unclear how much they like him. Yesterday was not indicative of how much they have played him recently. He has had games of 14, 4, 6, 18, 19 minutes this month. If Kaminsky comes back at some point he could get even lower. Really hard to know what the suns like or are doing.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

He's also a restricted free agent not an expiring contract.  So they have control over him.   Good chance they can get him re-signed on a reasonable contract.