Author Topic: Lets talk Bradley Beal to the C's. Wouldn't he be a perfect fit ?  (Read 1206 times)

Re: Lets talk Bradley Beal to the C's. Wouldn't he be a perfect fit ?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 02:26:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We could presumably sign Beal and Howard without giving up much of anything in the way of assets. If the pricetags for Cousins/Butler don't decrease some, I would expect Ainge to go this sort-of route while using our later picks to upgrade our PF situation.

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 02:33:16 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
We could presumably sign Beal and Howard without giving up much of anything in the way of assets. If the pricetags for Cousins/Butler don't decrease some, I would expect Ainge to go this sort-of route while using our later picks to upgrade our PF situation.
Beal is a RFA and Howard an UFA so, yes no reason to give up any assets.
The worry is more about making a long term financial commitment to a player who might turn out not to be worth it.
esp. in the case of Beal he will want a (near-)max  for 4/5 years; just imagine him getting a serious injury next season or having a really mediocre year. Not saying this will happen, but it is something to factor in in the conversation.

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Beal is a RFA and Howard an UFA so, yes no reason to give up any assets.
The worry is more about making a long term financial commitment to a player who might turn out not to be worth it.
esp. in the case of Beal he will want a (near-)max  for 4/5 years; just imagine him getting a serious injury next season or having a really mediocre year. Not saying this will happen, but it is something to factor in in the conversation.

Definitely not trying to claim it is risk-free or a sure fire road to a championship, but it really depends on how stingy teams are being on the trade market. If we only had one BKN pick, teams would be happy with that and filler; but we have three and teams may want all of them (regardless of it being fair or not).

I am sure Danny has his plans in place and if somehow we end up with Simmons/Ingram, he may be very hesitant to trade that pick knowing he can assemble a very competitive team, otherwise.