Author Topic: Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar  (Read 12150 times)

Re: Shaq wants to fight Brock Lesnar
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I am a huge Wilt fan but him fighting Ali would have been a joke. Wilt was bigger, much, much stronger (dont fool yourself on that one) but he would have gotten killed in a fight against Ali, punching down on his head or not. It's hard to punch on anyone's head when you are lying flat on your back, I dont care how tall you are. Shaq is probably not as strong as Wilt was, more powerful yes, bigger yes, but still probably not as strong and Shaq would not stand a chance against a champion fighter. He would not be nearly as quick, not be able to generate enough power at the right time, and basically he would get his tail kicked, and kicked hard. I think a more fair battle would be the two of them playing one on one basketball. At least this would be some competition, granted not much. The fight though would not be any competition at all. It's like saying, well, Rajon is lighting fast, quick reflexes and amazing athletic ability so he could probably play a champion tennis player and be competitive- ha.

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 12:29:48 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
What a joke. Wilt would have done better against Ali.

Ali avoided that for the same reason Brock should avoid Shaq.

The height difference.  Shaq will be punching down on top of his head.  While Brock will have to swing way to high to try and reach Shaq's head. 

or, he can just swing for his nuts

Doesn't that lose you the fight anyways?

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 12:55:28 AM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Why the Shaq hate? I know he's a Cav and former Laker but the guys cool and he's funny. He'd still lose but under a minute?

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 07:41:41 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Seriously you guys are insane, Lesnar would destroy Shaq.  He would take him down and beat the loving hell out of him in under a minute.  It would be an embarrassment of epic propotions.

/co-sign and im not even a lesnar fan, but this is ridculous.

People who haven't seen brock fight don't realize how FAST those huge hands of his are. Frank Mir is a very accomplished striker, im going to go ahead and give him the edge over shaq, and mir was eating right and left hands long before he finally succumbed and got dominated on the ground.

Shaq would be lucky to go a round with brock.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:02:06 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 08:04:47 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Shaq would lose in under a minute and probably have his NBA career ended too, as Brock snapped his leg or arm in two...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 08:22:19 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I hope all of Shaq's stupid stunts and his reality show lead to him being out of shape and injury-plagued all year.