Author Topic: Newest Celtics Babies (share your happy news / pictures here)  (Read 406592 times)

Re: Newest Celtics Babies (share your happy news here)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 07:49:25 AM »

Offline CelticSquirrel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
#2 on the way here also. Due 8/28. Our first is only 15 months right now but the other day when I was watching a game, he came in and climbing onto a chair and sat there watching it with me for like 5 to 10 minutes (which for a 15 month old to sit for that long is incredible). Gotta teach 'em early...Celtics Good...Lakers Bad.

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 08:38:24 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
#2 on the way here also. Due 8/28. Our first is only 15 months right now but the other day when I was watching a game, he came in and climbing onto a chair and sat there watching it with me for like 5 to 10 minutes (which for a 15 month old to sit for that long is incredible). Gotta teach 'em early...Celtics Good...Lakers Bad.

Congrats, CelticSquirrel!  If you baby ends up being a day late, we'll share the same bday!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
22 weeks and happy  ;D
( seems to , sadly he kicks like Maradona so Im thinking a soccer player )
who knows maybe he will be just the second coming of Artest

;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Congratulations!
We're also due Aug. 28 so we'll
see who gets there first  ;)

And yeah: Lakers, VERY bad!!!

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Dark Lord:

That's totally awesome news ... there's no greater blessing on this earth, and no job that's as demanding, or rewarding. All the very best to you and your wife for a future filled with joy and happy memories! Please let me share a little thing I wrote to another blogger when I was first here in December, (he had just become a "first time" father) ... kinda sums it up for me. God Bless!

My "baby" is finishing her second year in college, and honestly, it was just a moment ago I was singing her lullaby's and rubbing her back while she went to sleep each night. I was a single dad... it was just me and her against the world, and I gotta tell you, she saved my life ... more than once.

Without that precious little angel, (and the halo slips from time to time), counting on me, looking to me to help find her way in this crazy world, man ... I just thank God for whatever heavenly mix-up landed her in my life, and I've been thanking Him since the day I first laid eyes on her, (and mine were the first she ever looked into).

I used to hear other dads talk about their babies, how they wouldn't sleep through the night, and what a relief it was when they finally did, and I would think to myself how much I cherished those times in the middle of the night, giving her the bottle and rocking her in my arms ... singing softly until she went back to sleep.

Yeah, there was always a brief moment of wanting to go back to sleep myself, but the reward was so much greater ... we bonded then, in a way inexpressable, and I wouldn't change it for the world. Yes, that age IS special ... priceless, really ... and you're blessed, my friend, in a way that's beyond words.

So cherish it with everything you are, for it's gone in the wink of an eye. I look back on those times with awe, when life was discovery and wonder ... and I begin to wish them back.

Then I get a call or a surprise visit from her on the weekend, and see what an amazing human being she has become ... so smart, beautiful, talented, and driven, and I know that I wouldn't trade THESE times either, for she's still that little girl, and so much more.

Each moment has it's own reward ... each age it's special accomplishment, and it's REALIZING how precious each ONE of those moments are that makes the difference.

I'll tell ya, there's nothing like a child to put things into perspective, even when it's "sports trauma", that we Boston fans have come to know SOOOO well! No championship or world title can come close to the joy of a first step, or a first "Da-da", or the sound of a belly-laugh.

Didn't mean to wax nostalgic here, but I did want to relate to you that there are many of us out here who have been where you are right now, with that amazing bundle of smiles, at the point of realizing the TRUE priorities in life, and you're a lucky man, my friend ... a truly lucky man.

Someday a while from now, when you have to change a nasty diaper, or warm a bottle at 2AM, or clean crayon off the wall, or watch "Barney" just "one more time", try to remember that it's those really mundane moments, those "daily grind" kind of moments, that make up a little life that's irreplaceable, and that's looking to you to light the way.

Even though there will come a day when your heart will break, with the first real date, or the last Father & Daughter Dance, or dropping off at college ... you'll still have a FULL heart, knowing this was a love that was "born to fly away", and knowing that maybe, just MAYBE ... you did something right!

God bless you and your little one ... I pray there are many such times to come, and a life full of blessings!

thanks for the kind words and for sharing. that was good stuff!

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Don't know if this counts but My son and his wife had a baby boy in January, making me a grandpa for the first time. I must admit, I like being a grandfather much more than I thought I would.
They're fun to play with and you can return them when they need to be changed.

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Don't know if this counts but My son and his wife had a baby boy in January, making me a grandpa for the first time. I must admit, I like being a grandfather much more than I thought I would.
They're fun to play with and you can return them when they need to be changed.

Grandkids definitely count.  Congrats!

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
Coming soon to a CelticsBlog near you: Infant/Toddler T-Shirts, Bodysuits and the all-important Bib.

Puppy T-Shirts too. I would add that these, for those of you who have more than eight pints of blood you can let, might look real nice on your kitty-kat too!
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »

Offline bowlingwarnie

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
My lovely wife is 14 weeks pregnant with our first child ...yay
The other day I was trawling Ebay for celtics gear as I normally do, and happened upon a nike Celtics baby suit. Naturally, I did everything in my powers to make this item ours (there was only one bid...thought there would be 100's).
So what we will have is the coolest little Celtics in Australia, though unfortunately for him (its a him by the way) he may be wearing it until he is 14

why Johnny Ringo...
You look like somebody just walked over your grave

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
The other day I was trawling Ebay for celtics gear as I normally do, and happened upon a nike Celtics baby suit. Naturally, I did everything in my powers to make this item ours (there was only one bid...thought there would be 100's).
So what we will have is the coolest little Celtics in Australia, though unfortunately for him (its a him by the way) he may be wearing it until he is 14

Congratulations man from a central american future dad to a down under one.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 07:35:26 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
Oooh. I'm so sorry I didn't have our babysuits ready. We will have a few and possibly one that states, "Pwease wate. Baby CelticsBwogguh Diapuh-filwin in pwogress." and would include a status bar. (I promise they'll all be under $5,000 USD.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 07:40:40 PM by Bob Day »
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
just to update, unfortunately i have terrible news.  my wife and i recently lost our #2 that i was so excited for.  i am only sharing bc i have received some cool pm's from posters who have seen i posted that we were pregnant and they wished me congrats. we are both having a difficult time with this, but are hanging in there.

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »

Offline KuberskiIsMyHero

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • The Starman Cometh
Dark_lord, I am so sorry to hear.  You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

My daughter turned 7 weeks today.  She is adorable, and getting big quick.  She has these little Celtics slippers I got her, and my friend that works for the NBA got her a ton of Celtics stuff, and an All-Star weekend track suit.

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Dark_lord, I am so sorry to hear.  You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

My daughter turned 7 weeks today.  She is adorable, and getting big quick.  She has these little Celtics slippers I got her, and my friend that works for the NBA got her a ton of Celtics stuff, and an All-Star weekend track suit.

thanks for the kind words man.  have fun with your daughter. it is a fun age. they grow up very fast.  i remember holding my son, who is 2 in the hospital, like it was yesterday.

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

Offline Scott

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Dark_lord, I am really sorry to hear that, real tragedy.  My thoughts and condolences to your family, losing a child is just unimaginable.  My family is actually going through a rough patch right now with a death in the family.  It doesn't help that we are moving to another country next month and really complicates things.