Author Topic: G-League / Red Claws Season Thread 2019-2020  (Read 71417 times)

Re: G-League / Red Claws Season Thread 2019-2020
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2020, 11:25:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The Lobs pinched the bejeezus out of the College Park Skylarks, whoever the heck they are, 119 to 100. Go Lobs!!!

As for our adorable baby Celtics, here is the tale of the something...

Water
33 minutes, 18 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists. He shot 8-14 and 2-5 from 3 point land.

Fall
30 minutes, 14 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 blocks. That may be the most minutes he has played in a game so far. Impressive number to be sure. He shot 7-14 and 0-1 FT.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2020, 11:44:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Lobs pinched the bejeezus out of the College Park Skylarks, whoever the heck they are, 119 to 100. Go Lobs!!!

Water
33 minutes, 18 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists. He shot 8-14 and 2-5 from 3 point land.

Fall
30 minutes, 14 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 blocks. That may be the most minutes he has played in a game so far. Impressive number to be sure. He shot 7-14 and 0-1 FT.

Fall is moving much smoother than he was to start the year. I hope he keeps working hard!

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2020, 11:05:38 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
TP to hwangjini for timely lobster news.

I think Waters might be Celtics back up pg next year.

I get a huge kick out of Portland Mainers...they pack that arena for every Red Claw game!

« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I get a huge kick out of Portland Mainers...they pack that arena for every Red Claw game!
I think there could be a good chance Waters isn't even Celtic property next season. Let's say Tyrese Haliburton falls to the Celtics and they take him, there is no way the Celtics keep both as rookie PGs and with Haliburton's upside, you probably keep him.

Just a scenario and one I think could happen. Does Waters get a contract if the Celtics first pick in the draft is a PG? We will see.

« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2020, 11:28:03 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I think there could be a good chance Waters isn't even Celtic property next season. Let's say Tyrese Haliburton falls to the Celtics and they take him, there is no way the Celtics keep both as rookie PGs and with Haliburton's upside, you probably keep him.

Just a scenario and one I think could happen. Does Waters get a contract if the Celtics first pick in the draft is a PG? We will see.

Sorry, Nick, but Haliburton ain't dropping that far.

« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2020, 12:00:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Sorry, Nick, but Haliburton ain't dropping that far.
Maybe they use other assets and trade up for him after Memphis falls to like 12-13. Or maybe they like a different PG where the pick lands.

All I am saying is if Danny grabs a PG with that Memphis pick, Waters might not have a future in Boston.

I think Waters has the chance to have a good NBA career as a backup PG in this league. I question his ball dominant, floor general type game fitting in with the current roster but he could still be the type of high energy guard you want causing some on ball chaos with good play making ability that Stevens could make use of

« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2020, 12:17:34 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
If Danny goes point guard, I hope he picks one in the 6-4 to 6-5 range. Someone like Killian Hayes.

« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2020, 12:26:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
If Danny goes point guard, I hope he picks one in the 6-4 to 6-5 range. Someone like Killian Hayes.
Hayes makes a lot of sense in that, just outside the lottery, 15-17 pick range as I think Haliburton could in that 8-12 pick range if Boston could get a pick in that area.

With such an uninspiring draft, there could be a lot of fluctuation between predraft mocks and reality. Heck, both could be gone by pick 9 for all anyone knows. It's that type of year 

And if Danny goes elsewhere with the pick, it's good to know Waters will be there to take Brad Wanamaker's slot next year.

« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2020, 12:55:50 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

what i see is that haliberton is predicted as a top 10 pick. i am not sure how he would slide so far, nor do i see the celtics trading up for pg.

while you may be correct about whether waters is a celtic, you argument, as posed, is not particularly convincing.

if wannamaker goes, and i think he will, then waters has a chance...IF he shows the celtics front office something.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Water

Fall

Fall is moving much smoother than he was to start the year. I hope he keeps working hard!

He has been looking better and better. His defensive rotations are vastly improved. His teammates also seem to be adjusting to his presence on defense. They automatically rotate smaller players towards the perimeter so Tacko can stay near the rim.

Last couple games I've watched he's only occasionally had to venture out to guard the 3pt line. Everyone seems to be in  sync in that regard.

And he is a monster defensively inside. He alters probably a dozen shots a game.

And on the other end he is a constant threat in the paint. With a little refinement his scoring efficiency could skyrocket.

« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2020, 02:37:56 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586

Water

Fall

He has been looking better and better. His defensive rotations are vastly improved. His teammates also seem to be adjusting to his presence on defense. They automatically rotate smaller players towards the perimeter so Tacko can stay near the rim.

Last couple games I've watched he's only occasionally had to venture out to guard the 3pt line. Everyone seems to be in  sync in that regard.

And he is a monster defensively inside. He alters probably a dozen shots a game.

And on the other end he is a constant threat in the paint. With a little refinement his scoring efficiency could skyrocket.

Tacko has a ton of faults balanced by major assets.

He can "run the floor", but, not really.

He, essentially, can't really put the ball on the floor, which is fine, but it is part of basketball.

When a defender has him "boxed out" Tacko has 4 or 5 feet of reach on the guy.

He can "lean into a dunk" from about 10 feet out.

The other team, literally, has to play around him when he's on defense. The opponent's offensive scheme is altered.

He has this "little soft hook shot", which, he could use on every possession with impunity.

He's 7'6", he gets tired when running.
Most of the game action is occurring three feet below his head.

He is still learning the game. His strengths will need to grow to balance the weaknesses that opposing NBA teams will attack.

He wins every tip he's ever participated in....I assume.

« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2020, 04:08:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
In a day game, our beloved Lobs lost to the Raptors, 109-116. Sob.

So how did our Celtics-to-be fare in this one? I am glad you asked.

Waters
40 minutes, 20 points, 3 rebounds, and  6 assists. His shooting a poor 7-21, but 4-10 from 3 point range.

Fall
30 minutes, 16 points, 15 rebounds, and 3 blocked shots. His shooting is similar to his last game, 8-13 and 0-1 FT.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #162 on: February 22, 2020, 08:29:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
For those folks who love all things Tacko, here are some of his highlights. What impressed me is Tacko seems to be developing a shot that is not a dunk. One highlight is him shooting, and making, a shot from 6 to 8 feet away.

Baby steps for our baby Celtics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwlxjFt685w
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2020, 05:01:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
The Capital City Somethings are black and blue from a royal pinching by the Lobs, 125-93.

Mr. Fall did a splendid job, by the way.
29 minutes, 18 points, 16 rebounds, and 5 blocks. He shot 7-10 and was 2-4 in FT.

Mr. Waters' stats for the night were:
35 minutes, 16 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists. Not shabby. He shot 6-11 and 2-5 for 3 pointers.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2020, 09:14:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
It is a sad night for one and all as the beloved Lobs lose a close one to the evil Lakeland Magic, 106 to 103. They missed the tying shot twice in the last 14 seconds.

Not only that, but Tacko did not even play. What a disaster!

The only baby Celtic in action was Tremont Waters, whose stat line was less than yummy:

34 minutes, 14 points, 3 rebonds 4 assists, 11 TO (!). He shot 5-17 but 4-10 from 3 point range. Waters does seem to be a volume shooter in the Gleague.
- Vandana Shiva