Author Topic: Porzingis out for 12/4 Indiana game  (Read 2567 times)

Re: Porzingis out for 12/4 Indiana game
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 06:13:12 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This is the reason I'm worried about the depth and why the bench is a real problem for me.  This type of injury can linger, which will force more minutes on the other starters and make injury to them more likely.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2023, 06:26:54 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
This is the reason I'm worried about the depth and why the bench is a real problem for me.  This type of injury can linger, which will force more minutes on the other starters and make injury to them more likely.

It does put more pressure on the bench, but hopefully they can step up to more regular playing time and help keep everyone as rested as possible over the season.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2023, 07:09:33 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Of course there is some worry with any injury but I don’t think this will mean many more minutes for Horford and not any more for any other starters.  It will mean more minutes for Queta and Kornet, a concern in its own right.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2023, 07:26:40 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The Pacers have a lot of young athletes and shooters (regardless of whether Haliburton plays, I expect them to still play a similar style), so I wonder how long Joe will play Kornet. Fortunately, their primary backup Jalen Smith is injured and won't play. It's possible Kornet could play against the subs but come out again whenever Turner is in. If it's a competitive game, however, I wonder how many minutes Joe will extend Horford to. Also, is Queta going to get minutes in this one? Is Brissett going to get "vs. former team" minutes or is he a DNP-CD?
TP, best post in this thread.  The Kornet thing is really starting to bother me. My hope is that they do not guarantee his contract in January and Brad picks up a vet big or uses the Grant TPE for a vet big.

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 08:45:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Of course there is some worry with any injury but I don’t think this will mean many more minutes for Horford and not any more for any other starters.  It will mean more minutes for Queta and Kornet, a concern in its own right.
Al is averaging over 30 mpg in the 4 games Porzingis has missed, just 26 mpg on the season (and that includes those games).  His other big minute games have been when other in the top 6 have been out and the ot game.

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2023, 08:48:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Al is averaging over 30 mpg in the 4 games Porzingis has missed, just 26 mpg on the season (and that includes those games).  His other big minute games have been when other in the top 6 have been out and the ot game.
Queta out tonight too. I wonder if we'll see a bit of Lamar Stevens in a small-ball type setup.

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2023, 09:03:40 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

Exactly, I am not that concerned about Horford playing 4 extra minutes, 30 minutes total.  I don't see 30 min as "big minutes" even for Horford.

With Queta out also as posted above, I expect that they will still keep Horford at 30'ish minutes.  Maybe Brissett will get some additional run. 

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2023, 09:05:27 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Exactly, I am not that concerned about Horford playing 4 extra minutes, 30 minutes total.  I don't see 30 min as "big minutes" even for Horford.

With Queta out also as posted above, I expect that they will still keep Horford at 30'ish minutes.  Maybe Brissett will get some additional run.
I absolutely am worried about thie 5 or so extra minutes a game. That adds up for a guy as old and injury prone as Al. 

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2023, 09:26:58 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

I absolutely am worried about thie 5 or so extra minutes a game. That adds up for a guy as old and injury prone as Al.

That is fine, I would be a lot more concerned if it was going from 30 min to 35 min or from 35 min to 40 min, but it is going from 25 min to 30 min.  For now, with the way that they have managed Horford's minutes, this isn't a big concern in my mind.  It can be more of an issue if it continues.

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2023, 11:08:28 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
The Pacers have a lot of young athletes and shooters (regardless of whether Haliburton plays, I expect them to still play a similar style), so I wonder how long Joe will play Kornet. Fortunately, their primary backup Jalen Smith is injured and won't play. It's possible Kornet could play against the subs but come out again whenever Turner is in. If it's a competitive game, however, I wonder how many minutes Joe will extend Horford to. Also, is Queta going to get minutes in this one? Is Brissett going to get "vs. former team" minutes or is he a DNP-CD?
TP, best post in this thread.  The Kornet thing is really starting to bother me. My hope is that they do not guarantee his contract in January and Brad picks up a vet big or uses the Grant TPE for a vet big.

I guess the question is, what veteran big would be an update that you expect to be available, and is Kornet the guy you want to swap out for them?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2023, 12:51:52 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
ESPN Sources: There’s optimism Boston Celtics C Kristaps Porzingis (calf strain) will return to lineup this week. Porzingis is out for In Season Tourney quarters vs. Indiana Monday, but there’s increasing confidence he’ll be back in Vegas for IST Final 4 should Celtics advance.

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2023, 01:44:51 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I guess the question is, what veteran big would be an update that you expect to be available, and is Kornet the guy you want to swap out for them?

Brisset or Stevens would be my first choice for who to cut. Kornet is head and shoulders them
I'm bitter.

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2023, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
"Queta out tonight too"

What source is reporting this?

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2023, 04:13:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
"Queta out tonight too"

What source is reporting this?
this is celticsstrong. we don't need sources.   ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva