Author Topic: Potential PF/C Trade Targets For Boston  (Read 5570 times)

Re: Potential PF/C Trade Targets For Boston
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2023, 09:47:41 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
This might go over like a lead balloon but I think that Andre Drummond would walk into this team as the most physically imposing player to throw at Embiid outside of Horford and he fits neatly into the Grant Williams TPE.

Seems to have really humbled himself since his early career and he never stopped rebounding at a decent rate. Good body type to pair with Porzingis or at least spell him some minutes while providing a different look in the front court.

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2023, 10:10:25 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
This might go over like a lead balloon but I think that Andre Drummond would walk into this team as the most physically imposing player to throw at Embiid outside of Horford and he fits neatly into the Grant Williams TPE.

Seems to have really humbled himself since his early career and he never stopped rebounding at a decent rate. Good body type to pair with Porzingis or at least spell him some minutes while providing a different look in the front court.

Would like him for the physicality and grabbing boards, but Joe Schmoe's offensive philosophy requires him to take 3's and he can't do that (ridiculous with the philosophy).

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2023, 02:04:41 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I didn’t notice but Daniel Theis was apparently bought out by Indiana. He signed with the Clippers and just had a great game for them (19&7). He would have been a perfect fit in Boston. I wonder if Brad tried to get him? Or was he too expensive?

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2023, 06:55:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407

Doesn't Embiid own Drummond? Historically in head-to-head matchups?

Size only matters so much if it doesn't give you the results you want from it.

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2023, 07:07:50 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Doesn't Embiid own Drummond? Historically in head-to-head matchups?

Size only matters so much if it doesn't give you the results you want from it.

He absolutely does historically, although I think it’s worth noting that Drummond has never played on a team with the level of Team Defense that he would have here. Whether that’s playing double big with KP or just relying more heavily on White and Holiday to clog the lanes.

Drummond at least has the size to meet Embiid at the rim, I bet he could make a positive impact if he wasn’t asked to guard Joel 1 on 1 on an Island. Horford would probably even have more trouble on Embiid if he was playing for a team like Dallas with not much guard/wing pressure.

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2023, 08:10:46 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Yes with limited Grant exception money and the Bulls who go nowhere I guess Drummond is the more probable target. Even with his Many flukes (Ft, défense problem with Embid, for switching...) he is the best option at thé money we have. For 3M having an all time élite rebounder with solid picking us a good value. Don t want him to finish thé close games in PO, but at least having him give us a (little) chance if Porzingis is hurt in may.

Personnaly I would love to grab Caruso in the package. It gives 2 pairs of combo guard, an insurance if Pritchard isn t good enough in PO, grinta, expérience and another great mentality Guy.

It may be an overpay but I would give a first if 3 seconds don t deal, plus all our scrubs on décembre when they are tradable. A bench of Horford, Caruso, Hauser, Pritchard and Drummond look more like a contender one.

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2023, 10:51:08 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I don't see Drummond helping at all or ever seeing the floor in meaningful minutes for this Celtics team. He's not anywhere near mobile enough for our defensive schemes, he is a liability on offense, and he gets abused by Embiid.

Caruso on the other hand, yes, he would be an ideal addition.

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2023, 11:27:56 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't see Drummond helping at all or ever seeing the floor in meaningful minutes for this Celtics team. He's not anywhere near mobile enough for our defensive schemes, he is a liability on offense, and he gets abused by Embiid.

But how does he compare to Kornet?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2023, 11:58:53 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Kornet at least can stretch the floor with his jumper and he's a bit more mobile on defense. All of our bigs can stretch the floor. That seems to be key for getting playing time under Mazzulla. They both get abused by players like Embiid. Most importantly, we already have Kornet, we don't need to give up assets to get someone equivalent or slightly worse than him.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:13:39 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2023, 12:40:20 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282

Kornet at least can stretch the floor with his jumper and he's a bit more mobile on defense. All of our bigs can stretch the floor. That seems to be key for getting playing time under Mazzulla. They both get abused by players like Embiid. Most importantly, we already have Kornet, we don't need to give up assets to get someone equivalent or slightly worse than him.

Come on, even Drummond deacrising, you can t compare him to Luke, who is more thé Scalabrine of this team. Yes Kornet is a little little bit more mobile. Compare their stat, even juste on the Season. 5 Time more points and rebounder. Drummond is Still a Monster on the offensive board. He is a liabilty on some points but get second chance points in PO translate better than the long arm 3point contestation of Luke.  DD was overvaluated, but now he may be underevaluate.  Remember how Batum was Seen as a scrubbs in Charlotte.

And for the mobility, I don t think Porzingis Can be called a mobile Defender. Yes hé stretch crazy, this is why hé is a core peace. Drummond would be here for rotation, adjusments and insurance. Not a great fit but for under 6 million what Can you get ? Former Allstar all defensive less Cook than Griffin, I Say OK. And I prefer to trade thé scrubbs + eventually Pritchard for a target at 1/2

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2023, 12:42:33 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
While Drummond is an upgrade over Kornet, it is a minor impact during the regular season and probably not impact in the playoffs.

I rather more of a PF who could play as a smaller C.   Respectable outside shot and respectable defense.   

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2023, 12:47:07 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Come on, even Drummond deacrising, you can t compare him to Luke, who is more thé Scalabrine of this team. Yes Kornet is a little little bit more mobile. Compare their stat, even juste on the Season. 5 Time more points and rebounder. Drummond is Still a Monster on the offensive board. He is a liabilty on some points but get second chance points in PO translate better than the long arm 3point contestation of Luke.  DD was overvaluated, but now he may be underevaluate.  Remember how Batum was Seen as a scrubbs in Charlotte.

And for the mobility, I don t think Porzingis Can be called a mobile Defender. Yes hé stretch crazy, this is why hé is a core peace. Drummond would be here for rotation, adjusments and insurance. Not a great fit but for under 6 million what Can you get ? Former Allstar all defensive less Cook than Griffin, I Say OK. And I prefer to trade thé scrubbs + eventually Pritchard for a target at 1/2

Is he a better player than Kornet. Yes, of course. Will he help this Celtics team any more than Kornet would? Nope. Players have to fit within the team defensive and offensive philosophy, especially role players. The only reason to get a backup center who can't shoot would be to defend. He can't defend the pick and roll, and he can't defend players like Embiid, so why bother?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:54:29 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2023, 02:00:22 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I definitely don't want to trade for Drummond using part of the TPE.  I think he is going to end up being less help than say Muscala was last season so using up the TPE is a waste.  I am willing to roll the dice and hope something better comes along.  If not, oh well.

I would be OK with trading one of our bench wings say Stevens or Mykhailiuk but I don't think a trade with one of them works (although a straight up trade for Mykhailiuk did work on the Fanspo trade machine, I am not exactly sure why we can add $1.3M). 

So if we could trade Stevens for Drummond and say a protected second in 2033 or something if needed, I would be fine with that.  That just balances out the roster adding an equally unlikely to be useful player but at a different position.

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2023, 08:00:43 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I definitely don't want to trade for Drummond using part of the TPE.  I think he is going to end up being less help than say Muscala was last season so using up the TPE is a waste.  I am willing to roll the dice and hope something better comes along.  If not, oh well.

I would be OK with trading one of our bench wings say Stevens or Mykhailiuk but I don't think a trade with one of them works (although a straight up trade for Mykhailiuk did work on the Fanspo trade machine, I am not exactly sure why we can add $1.3M). 

So if we could trade Stevens for Drummond and say a protected second in 2033 or something if needed, I would be fine with that.  That just balances out the roster adding an equally unlikely to be useful player but at a different position.

Yeah, I think some people are being a little frivolous with the TPE here. You can only use it once, so ideally moves like a Drummond one would not blow that one shot. Preferably you'd deal some of your bench excess, for example Stevens or Brissett. I don't really think they are different enough players to justify the two roster spots. Yes, Brissett is more energetic and a better slasher, but it's not at a high enough level where you would really miss it.

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2023, 10:18:37 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Offensive rebounds impacted winning a long, long time ago before the game became all about the 3 point shot. This is no longer the case.

Most of your big rebounds come off of opponents missed 3's - which is why Tatum is the best rebounder on the team. If a big grabs an OR and puts it back once or twice a game - so what - it's a 2 pt shot and you can foul him and he'll miss one of the FT since Drummond's a 47% career FT shooter - making him unplayable with a game on the line.