Author Topic: Future is NOW! Gimme PP, MS, JB, JT, RW3  (Read 6681 times)

Future is NOW! Gimme PP, MS, JB, JT, RW3
« on: January 04, 2021, 11:35:27 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I’ve seen enough. I’m convinced that the starting five of the future- that starting 5 that will hang banners, is Payton Pritchard, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Timelord. Would love to see more of that and less of 2-big lineups. I get that we may need run a two-big lineup against Miami and Milwaukee, but I think we can just as easily run Marcus or Semi in place of a four out there when we need to.

Re: Future is NOW! Gimme PP, MS, JB, JT, RW3
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 11:56:48 PM »

Offline Alec14

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
I was just thinking the same thing. Payton, Tatum, Brown and Timelord just seem to work so well together. The ball moves so fluidly out there. I might even consider swapping out Marcus for Semi, given how Semi has played so far this season. He's hitting his open looks and playing terrific defense. Unlike Marcus, he doesn't have moments of absolute numbskullery on the offensive end.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 11:57:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I’ve seen enough. I’m convinced that the starting five of the future- that starting 5 that will hang banners, is Payton Pritchard, Smart, Brown, Tatum, and Timelord. Would love to see more of that and less of 2-big lineups. I get that we may need run a two-big lineup against Miami and Milwaukee, but I think we can just as easily run Marcus or Semi in place of a four out there when we need to.

Replace Smart with Beal

That would make it legit

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 12:16:06 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
TP to Boise, I agree. I think Rob & especially PP have shown enough this season to justify grooming them for starting roles, though obviously Kemba is our starter at PG until further notice.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 01:12:17 AM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I was just thinking the same thing. Payton, Tatum, Brown and Timelord just seem to work so well together. The ball moves so fluidly out there. I might even consider swapping out Marcus for Semi, given how Semi has played so far this season. He's hitting his open looks and playing terrific defense. Unlike Marcus, he doesn't have moments of absolute numbskullery on the offensive end.

It’s funny I didn’t want to mention the Semi thing given how much hate he got on here in the off-season, but he looks like a legit 3&D 4 right now. I could see us playing PP, JB, JT, Semi, and Timelord together a lot.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 01:42:44 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
We have bright future and it isn't new! Happy to have this guys in our team. I believe RW can be our center in our futur superteam, not sure about PP as a titulary, I prefer him in the bench where switch/mismatch can't expose him so much and his energy is valuable. Don't think his weakness will change and either his strenght will that much progress. But I love him as our dynamit from the bench...

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2021, 01:52:13 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
PG - Payton Pritchard
SG - ?
SF - Jaylen Brown
PF - Jayson Tatum
C - Robert Williams

Let's fill that shooting guard void and this team could be the limit!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 02:02:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
PG - Payton Pritchard
SG - ?
SF - Jaylen Brown
PF - Jayson Tatum
C - Robert Williams

Let's fill that shooting guard void and this team could be the limit!
Smart can play SG :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 02:32:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don't think Rob can fully handle starting as the sole big. Toronto is a good match-up because their big men all have significant flaws - I would still start Thompson. Better rebounder and screen setter.

However, with how unimpressive Theis has been, I'd be happy for Williams to start eating away his minutes.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 03:41:11 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
 Of your starting 5, I’m convinced of 2 (Jays) as the future starters for a possible champion.  Smart is a rotation guy and possible starter. The others  are earning minutes and need to prove themselves over time.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 03:57:38 AM »

Offline Celtics Mike

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 237
I don't think Rob can fully handle starting as the sole big. Toronto is a good match-up because their big men all have significant flaws - I would still start Thompson. Better rebounder and screen setter.

However, with how unimpressive Theis has been, I'd be happy for Williams to start eating aw
ay his minutes.
Timelord sometimes gets dragged out of position and loses his man especially in the midcourt. I think this is why Brad limits his minutes.

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 04:03:35 AM »

Offline Alec14

• Jaylen Brown

However, with how unimpressive Theis has been, I'd be happy for Williams to start eating away his minutes.

Screen setter, maybe. Rebounder? Rob is much bouncier out there. How many rebounds did he have in his 20 minutes? 15? Rob is a better shooter, better at catching lobs, better at passing, better at protecting the rim, and certainly looks like a better rebounder to me.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 08:03:53 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Screen setter, maybe. Rebounder? Rob is much bouncier out there. How many rebounds did he have in his 20 minutes? 15? Rob is a better shooter, better at catching lobs, better at passing, better at protecting the rim, and certainly looks like a better rebounder to me.
Rob Williams having one good rebounding game against the lowly Raptors doesn't mean he's better than Thompson, one of the all-time greatest offensive rebounders (8th all time in offensive rebounding %, 36th in general rebounding % ahead of The Admiral and Hakeem) who is a handy defensive rebounder too. TT is also much physically stronger, much more experienced and turns it over less. They're pretty equal in my mind, but given Williams' rawness he doesn't deserve to start.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2021, 08:04:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The plus/minus for the season with Rob, Tatum and Brown on the floor is ridiculous.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2021, 08:22:58 AM »

Offline Alec14

• Jaylen Brown

Rob Williams having one good rebounding game against the lowly Raptors doesn't mean he's better than Thompson, one of the all-time greatest offensive rebounders (8th all time in offensive rebounding %, 36th in general rebounding % ahead of The Admiral and Hakeem) who is a handy defensive rebounder too. TT is also much physically stronger, much more experienced and turns it over less. They're pretty equal in my mind, but given Williams' rawness he doesn't deserve to start.

And Teague was an all-star 5 years ago. Does that mean PP is relegated to mop up duty and the deep bench when Walker returns? Rob has clearly outplayed Tristan so far this year and his 15 rebounds today in 20 minutes was more than Tristan had any game last year except one. Tatum, Brown and Rob work really well together . . . and they don't with Tristan. Heck, Theis plays off them better than Thompson does. Play to win games, not to assuage veteran egos or reward play from years past.