Author Topic: Is Brad Stevens the problem?  (Read 29434 times)

Re: Is Brad Stevens the problem?
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2020, 05:55:59 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
Lol beyond the talk of whether Brad Stevens is a good coach, who are you going to replace him with?

In my opinion there is no other coach that can coach a team that can contend to be in the top 10 both defensively and offensively better than Brad.

As listed above there have been lists of players that have had career bests including Celtics favorites left out:
Jared Sullinger
Theis
Tyler Zeller

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2020, 06:43:14 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Lol beyond the talk of whether Brad Stevens is a good coach, who are you going to replace him with?

In my opinion there is no other coach that can coach a team that can contend to be in the top 10 both defensively and offensively better than Brad.

As listed above there have been lists of players that have had career bests including Celtics favorites left out:
Jared Sullinger
Theis
Tyler Zeller

That’s a lame excuse until some untested coach comes in and gets the job done.  Try again

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2020, 06:57:52 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
Lol this is even better!

You are going to replace Brad Stevens who has overachieved with the majority of the teams he's coached and been to the ECF 3 out of the 4 last years for a untested coach that has done nothing?

You could not name a coach in the college ranks that right now would walk onto the court and be a better coach than BS.

And you say it's a lame excuse, but if you are going to replace him soon I think you would need to factor in who you can bring in that's better than him lol. Not some untested guesswork.

Celtics fans are spoiled with Stevens lol. If we fired Brad he'd be picked up within a week and continue to thrive in todays NBA.

A coach can only go as far as his best players. We do not have any top 10 players currently and do not have a roster to contend.

With these ideas you should run a franchise lol!

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2020, 07:02:10 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Lol this is even better!

You are going to replace Brad Stevens who has overachieved with the majority of the teams he's coached and been to the ECF 3 out of the 4 last years for a untested coach that has done nothing?

You could not name a coach in the college ranks that right now would walk onto the court and be a better coach than BS.

And you say it's a lame excuse, but if you are going to replace him soon I think you would need to factor in who you can bring in that's better than him lol. Not some untested guesswork.

Celtics fans are spoiled with Stevens lol. If we fired Brad he'd be picked up within a week and continue to thrive in todays NBA.

A coach can only go as far as his best players. We do not have any top 10 players currently and do not have a roster to contend.

Duane Casey was coach of the year.  He was fired.  Toronto won a title with nick nurse

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2020, 07:11:05 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Active NBA coaches with at least 500 games coached with a better won/loss record than Brad Stevens:

There are two. 2.

Gregg Popovich
Erik Spoelstra

That’s it.

Without the benefit of 2-3 superstars on the roster every year.

The problem isn’t Brad Stevens. The problem is some fans with unreasonable/unrealistic expectations.

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2020, 07:13:20 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No, he's not.

Brad can't hit the shots for his players. He can't beat guys off the dribble. 

The Celtics are a team that at the moment has two good scorers and a bunch of defensive role players. It's going to be enough to win a good number of games but until kemba comes back they don't have the firepower to keep up with the best teams, unless J&J both take and make a ton of shots.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2020, 07:19:27 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Ainge is the problem

After 2 games your again without veteran bench leadership despite Walker being out

Ainge is afraid to make a deal it’s proven

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
Lol this is even better!

Duane Casey was coach of the year.  He was fired.  Toronto won a title with nick nurse

Lol the year after they traded for Kawhi Leonard.

Also you clearly have no idea what you are saying comparing Dwayne Casey to Brad Stevens. It's not even remotely analogous.

The point stands that there are no other candidates better than right now on the market. If we are taking someone from the college ranks we might as well stay with Stevens.

Also we haven't we even talked about the other facts highlighted above lol.

He's a good coach! Cite the stats listed above if you can't see that.

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2020, 07:28:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Ainge is the problem

After 2 games your again without veteran bench leadership despite Walker being out

Ainge is afraid to make a deal it’s proven

Exactly what proof can you point to of Ainge being "afraid"?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2020, 07:38:50 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Do we blame Brad...?

or

are the Nets..

just Better..?

*sippin*

one more..

*sip*

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2020, 07:41:56 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
few years ago we had the same talk about Doc....

and....?

Do we blame Brad...?

or

are the Nets..

just Better..?

*sippin*

Brandy kickin in..

*sippin*

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2020, 07:46:28 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Brad has to take some blame.

Refusing to bend his system under any circumstance is just bad coaching 

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2020, 07:52:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Brad has to take some blame.

Refusing to bend his system under any circumstance is just bad coaching

In what way has Brad refused to bend his system? I sincerely don't understand what you mean.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2020, 07:54:56 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
How and why is.....

Phil Jackson on the map as one of the Greatest Coaches..?

ummm..I don't know..yall tell me...

*sippin*

*refill*

« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2020, 07:55:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tonight is not the night to call out Brad.

We got run over by KD and Kyrie and co. Get the license plate number?

This was not on Brad.

This Net team is really special. They’d be fools to trade fir Harden. They have perfect blend of super stars and support.