Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 28351 times)

letsgoblue86, Wretch and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #300 on: Yesterday at 01:05:27 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
https://x.com/jaredweissnba/status/1792229130416623772?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

KP doing some intense work on the bike today. That’s a good sign that he’s progressing well.

« Reply #301 on: Yesterday at 04:51:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
https://x.com/jaredweissnba/status/1792229130416623772?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

KP doing some intense work on the bike today. That’s a good sign that he’s progressing well.

My feeling is, Game 4 could be the earliest he comes back, with Game 5 or 6 being more "realistic". Some of it will depend on circumstances. Like if they are down 2-1 or dare I say, 2-0 or 3-0, maybe they decide to rush him. But if they are up 2-0/2-1/3-0, no need to rush. In fact if they manage to win the ECF in 5 games then you might as well just shelve him until the Finals. We'll see.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #302 on: Yesterday at 05:56:52 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 943
If we can't beat NY (who have Randle, OG, Robinson, Bogdanovic, and now maybe Hart) or Indiana without KP we don't deserve to advance. Simple as that.

Just gotta hope neither of those team becomes last year's Heat team where they suddenly caught fire from 3 point land.

Indy is a team where it feels like that could happen, which is why they actually worry me more than this horrifically injured New York team.

That said Indy is different than Miami in that I don't think they have much chance of competently defending the C's.

Boston shouldn't need KP to finish either of these teams off in 5, but it would be nice for him to come back before the end of the series just to get some rythm back.

Nah, Indy is shooting 70% and 55% from 3. They’re getting all of their good luck tonight.

« Reply #303 on: Yesterday at 05:59:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
If we can't beat NY (who have Randle, OG, Robinson, Bogdanovic, and now maybe Hart) or Indiana without KP we don't deserve to advance. Simple as that.

Just gotta hope neither of those team becomes last year's Heat team where they suddenly caught fire from 3 point land.

Indy is a team where it feels like that could happen, which is why they actually worry me more than this horrifically injured New York team.

That said Indy is different than Miami in that I don't think they have much chance of competently defending the C's.

Boston shouldn't need KP to finish either of these teams off in 5, but it would be nice for him to come back before the end of the series just to get some rythm back.

Nah, Indy is shooting 70% and 55% from 3. They’re getting all of their good luck tonight.

Agreed.

The early season Pacers would scare for how hot they could get from 3 but they are missing two major shooters off of that squad in Buddy Hield (traded) and Ben Mathurin (injured).

They don't have the horses to put up a sustained shooting display.

Their perimeter shooting has been more liability than strength for them in their two playoff series so far. McConnell and Nesmith are reluctant shooters. Siakam & Nesmith streaky shooters. Haliburton has been up and down himself.

This is not the scary three point shooting team we saw earlier in the season. Not without Buddy Hield or Ben Mathurin.

« Reply #304 on: Yesterday at 06:22:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
The OG situation is something to use as a cautionary tale. If you rush KP back and he gets hurt again or clearly can't go, then he might just be a lame duck out there or someone that goes back to the bench immediately. Anunoby clearly wasn't ready to play today. Hart looked like a shell of himself too. Kudos to them for trying to gut it out for a Game 7 though. With Porzingis, I think realistically, we should be looking at Game 4 the earliest, with Games 5 or 6 more realistic. If he had a chance to return earlier I don't think Woj would have already announced he's out the first two games of the series.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #305 on: Yesterday at 08:55:16 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 94
The OG situation is something to use as a cautionary tale. If you rush KP back and he gets hurt again or clearly can't go, then he might just be a lame duck out there or someone that goes back to the bench immediately. Anunoby clearly wasn't ready to play today. Hart looked like a shell of himself too. Kudos to them for trying to gut it out for a Game 7 though. With Porzingis, I think realistically, we should be looking at Game 4 the earliest, with Games 5 or 6 more realistic. If he had a chance to return earlier I don't think Woj would have already announced he's out the first two games of the series.

Naw. It’s not the same thing.

This was a Game 7. I don’t follow the Knicks, so I don’t know what was expected of OG, or what kind of treatment he got, or even the extent of his injury. Coming back so soon from a hamstring injury seemed unlikely and several posters here mentioned that they didn’t expect him back, yet he tried.

Why? When he was so obviously not healthy? Maybe because of Jarrett Allen? He didn’t play in  the Cavaliers close out game. There was some speculation about whether he could play or not, and he didn’t. Since then there are stories from the Cav’s locker room that he could have played, but decided not to.

Rumors persisted "despite the whispers of frustration circulating in Cleveland surrounding Allen's apparent reluctance to take a pain-killing injection to address a rib injury that sidelined him for the Cavaliers' final eight playoff games," Stein reported.

Now there are trade rumors coming out. Numerous teams are reportedly interested in acquiring him if the Cavaliers want him gone.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10121702-nba-trade-rumors-cavaliers-jarrett-allen-interests-numerous-rival-teams.amp.html

Maybe OG thought he could tough it out? Or maybe he just wanted to avoid the fan drama and media speculation that Jarrett Allen has to deal with?

As for KP, it’s obvious that he’s not being rushed back and it’s not necessary for him to “try and play through the pain” except by maybe a small circle of “fans” that view that sort of display as necessary.

« Reply #306 on: Yesterday at 10:47:50 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I hope they don't play him until the finals.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #307 on: Yesterday at 10:51:06 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
We’ll probably save him for the finals, unless we’re tied 2-2 with Indy, or for a close out game.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #308 on: Yesterday at 11:04:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
It’s gonna be touch and go getting him back in at not too early and not too late.

« Reply #309 on: Today at 12:04:16 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 744
Playing through pain is often part of what wins championships.
The Celtics have a long list of heroes who played injured for the good of the team.
The one valid reason not to play is if the injury could become more serious, like Durant and Kobe.
If that is a possibility with Porzingis, definitely can't play him until he is ready.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #310 on: Today at 02:20:00 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2560
The Celtics have a long list of heroes who played injured for the good of the team.
The one valid reason not to play is if the injury could become more serious, like Durant and Kobe.
If that is a possibility with Porzingis, definitely can't play him until he is ready.

The other valid reason not to play in pain is if you suck.  Playing with a toothache is different than playing wițh fractured shooting hand. 

« Reply #311 on: Today at 06:59:53 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402

The other valid reason not to play in pain is if you suck.  Playing with a toothache is different than playing wițh fractured shooting hand.

At the end of the day, I think the doctors will make a recommendation and that would incorporate things like that, if the injury could lead a more serious long term aggravation or of it's something that prevents him playing at his best. We saw what OG Anunoby looked like last night when he tried to play with a hammy strain, he was a passenger and they pulled him after 5 min. If it's a niggle that's one thing, but if they can't play at their best and become a net negative, or if they run the risk of missing more time next series or even next season, then I don't think he should play. At the end if you really want to be a championship team, you have to have depth to cover for these losses.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #312 on: Today at 07:03:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Only Porzingus can tell if he can go or not, u know he wants out there
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin