Author Topic: Detroit (traveling to)  (Read 3214 times)

Detroit (traveling to)
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:18:20 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I wasn't really sure where to put this thread, so sorry if its not in the correct spot, but...Does anyone know the easiest, cheapest way to get from Chicago to Detroit?  I will be in CHi-town from Wed. to Sat. next week and my buddy and I are thinking about making the trip to Detroit to see game 3 IF (knock on wood) the C's are playing there then.  Anyone know what the schedule looks like if the C's win/lose tonight?  It may be a little sketchy wearing Celtics green in Detroit (especially my green adidas C's sneaks) but I will represent anyway...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:20:22 AM by Redz »
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Re: Detroit (traveling to)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:22:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Probably driving, I think it's about a four to five hour drive, depending when you leave Chicago and where exactly in Chicago you're leaving from.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:26:47 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Probably driving, I think it's about a four to five hour drive, depending when you leave Chicago and where exactly in Chicago you're leaving from.

Yeah, I looked into a train or bus, but they're expensive and the trip is well over 5 hours.  I think renting a car would be the way to go.  Anyone have any idea on what the schedule would be?
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 10:41:14 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Yeah, I looked into a train or bus, but they're expensive and the trip is well over 5 hours.  I think renting a car would be the way to go.  Anyone have any idea on what the schedule would be?

It's hard to say.  If we win tonight, Game 1 is on Sunday, I believe.  If they go the "every other day" route like they did in the second round, then Game 3 would be on Thursday, May 22.  If we go to a Game 7, I would assume everything is pushed back two days, and Game 3 would be on May 24.

Those are just guesses, but I think they're solid ones.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 10:41:25 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
If the C's win tonight Game 1 in Boston will be Sunday and likely Game 2 on Tuesday.  Game 3 would be Thursday.

If it goes 7, and we win ??? , then Game 1 would be Tuesday, Game 2 Thursday, so likely the first game in Detroit would be Saturday.

Either way you'd be looking at a game in Detroit on Saturday most likely (unless the NBA breaks pattern - which I wouldn't put beneath them). 
Yup