Author Topic: Funny and sad at the same time.  (Read 8117 times)

Re: Funny and sad at the same time.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 08:25:34 AM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
That's nothing!!!

My wife is a magician too  -- I gave her $100 dollars and BAM! it was gone instantly.  She does it all the time.  Simply an amazing trick.

(I need some aspirin)
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 08:47:52 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
This is obviously an excuse to get rid of the guy.  I bet they wanted to fire the guy long ago for whatever reason, but had no grounds and was waiting for him to do something. I bet the guy comes out with reasons they wanted to get rid of him.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:57 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Here's the trick:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PDPd3hM5Qtc

He's definitely a wizard.  Or, the toothpick is taped to his thumb.  But one of the two, definitely.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 09:33:54 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
He's a kitsune in human form!

Seriously Bankshot is right. He said/did something to make someone in the school system mad at him and they are getting rid of him. Might even be a "hidden retaliation" against him for a grievance or complaint against his boss or something.

I was a state employee for two years. They do stuff like this all the time in state employment.

All I did was work in a park hotel and the drama and politics and such were unbearable. You wouldn't believe the lengths people would take to undermine the head janitor so they could move up to a higher rank of mop pushing.

I literally seen sex exchanged for full time positions.

All in all this dude aint being fired for wizardry. He knows something or his higher-ups don't care for him for some sort of reason.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:41:55 AM by Yakmanev »

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
That guy was better at being a Wizard than DeShawn Stevenson.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 10:28:14 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Let's see him do it with a baseball bat or a telephone pole or something.   Toothpick doesn't impress me. 
Yup

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 10:47:28 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Well, note to all teachers.

Not more wizardry in class. 

Stick with Voodoo. 

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 10:57:23 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Having subbed a bit myself lately, I prefer some quality Henny Youngman one liners as a form of entertainment for the students.  Wizardry is just so overdone.  The key is finding a 2nd grader who can be your straight man.  During recess you pull a kid aside, slip him a buck and tell him when you get back to class to ask you about your trip to the doctor, or when you bring up the story about you dog with no nose, make sure he feeds you the line: "No nose, then how does he smell?"
Yup

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 11:13:19 AM »

Offline heatnum119

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Stan Van Gundy after losing in the semis.
Having subbed a bit myself lately, I prefer some quality Henny Youngman one liners as a form of entertainment for the students.  Wizardry is just so overdone.  The key is finding a 2nd grader who can be your straight man.  During recess you pull a kid aside, slip him a buck and tell him when you get back to class to ask you about your trip to the doctor, or when you bring up the story about you dog with no nose, make sure he feeds you the line: "No nose, then how does he smell?"

Call me old fashioned but I'd probably start my first day as a sub by teaching my students how to be master  vaudevillians with a rehearsal of "The Aristocrats" (snaps fingers in a cha-cha fashion)

-heat
"I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophise you, and Im gonna out last you!...'I am like God, and God like me. I am large as God, he is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be.' Silesius ,17th century" -Max Cady

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
My most recent subbing experience fell just short of being strung up on the Wedgy Gallows by a marauding gang of 8 year olds.  It was brutal.  They had the "let's take advantage of the sub" fangs out, big time.  And it wasn't like I was putting up with any crap either, they just kept it coming.  My day ended by making a little girl cry when I called her out for being rude.

Nothing a little wizardry couldn't have fixed.  Although I may have used my super powers for making them sit down and shut up!
Yup