Author Topic: Ideas for a better Allstar weekend  (Read 778 times)

Ideas for a better Allstar weekend
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Just a few thoughts with allstar weekend coming soon.

1. Allstar teams should be expanded to 15 players each with 3 set five man rotations. Each rotation gets 15min then the last 3min is open for the coach to play who he wants.

2. Rookie/Soph game. I like the new change

3. Celebrity Game. I hate this game but it has some potential. First thing that needs to happen is the rosters need to be geared more towards athletes and less towards celebs. I would think something like each team having 2 WNBA players, 2 Ex NBA guys, 2 NFL guys, 2 other sport athletes, 2 Celebs. In the past their have been some athletes who can play and the game ends up to terrible for them to show their skills. I remember going nuts watching Bolt a few years ago fly up the court for would be open dunks while Bieber dribbled around like a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

4. 1 On 1 tournament. Could be alot of fun watching a tourney of Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, JR Smith type guys jack up shots against each other.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Ideas for a better Allstar weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the best way to improve it is to just cancel it.

since that's not going to happen:
1. agree on the rookie/sophomore game.  best idea they've had in awhile
2. keep the point shooting contest - the one actual skill they demonstrate that weekend
3. ditch the slamdunk contest.  last one worth seeing was when Dee Brown won and by then it was becoming trite.
4. don't mind the old-timers game.  was good to see the older players out and about but not so good seeing how much they declined from their playing days.
5. add HORSE.  would much rather see a game of that than the dunk contest.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I've always liked the idea of a 1 on 1 game.  You can break it down by position too.

Imagine a prime KG and Duncan going at each other.  young Kobe verse old Jordan.  Durant verses Lebron now.

It would certainly spike interest I would think.

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 03:49:55 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I've always liked the idea of a 1 on 1 game.  You can break it down by position too.

Imagine a prime KG and Duncan going at each other.  young Kobe verse old Jordan.  Durant verses Lebron now.

It would certainly spike interest I would think.
not a fan of the 1 on 1 having seen way too much iso ball from the Jordan years through today's lebron fest.