Author Topic: Being tight isn't working  (Read 1545 times)

Being tight isn't working
« on: July 17, 2019, 12:58:23 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Treatment of Baynes,losing Morris for nothing,losing Rozier for nothing,losing Kyrie for nothing,losing Horford for nothing-now we have three centers with glaring gaps in there game..And no real power forward

Now, It's Extend or not Extend--like some thumbs up thumbs down at your local coliseum..
Trade rumors for Brown and Tatum just make it more difficult to gain loyalty and demand playing defense for a full season.Last season was enough to shake up anyone's idea of loyalty---"just a business collided with free agency and" do the best for my family-".
Horford just disappeared and now has a large contract playing power forward with a chance for a ring.
Wyc open your checkbook-
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:05:16 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Being tight isn't working
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 01:12:08 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I’m happy with how Danny adjuster after people left us.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 03:23:43 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
This isn't a case of Wyc being unwilling to open his checkbook (Horford arguably is, but you can also argue that having him on that big contract for the next 4 years would also greatly limit our flexibility), it's mostly a case of the CBA not allowing us to keep those players and sign Kemba (unless we had done a sign-and-trade with either Kyrie or Horford). We had to renounce the rights to guys like Morris/trade Baynes/literally have no way of acquiring other players

And it's 110% worth it for a guy like Kemba
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I love how Danny doesnt "React" like our fans do.    He is putting faith in

Kemba
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Hayward
Kanter

Projected to be the 6th best team in the NBA next year.   I would also have to say we are in the top 10 in age.   I'd say the Captain has got us in a good position.    What exaclty are you upset again?   

More playing time for Brown and Tatum in 2019/2020.   I like it. 
Diggles

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 04:21:41 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Treatment of Baynes,losing Morris for nothing,losing Rozier for nothing,losing Kyrie for nothing,losing Horford for nothing-now we have three centers with glaring gaps in there game..And no real power forward

Now, It's Extend or not Extend--like some thumbs up thumbs down at your local coliseum..
Trade rumors for Brown and Tatum just make it more difficult to gain loyalty and demand playing defense for a full season.Last season was enough to shake up anyone's idea of loyalty---"just a business collided with free agency and" do the best for my family-".
Horford just disappeared and now has a large contract playing power forward with a chance for a ring.
Wyc open your checkbook-
How was Ainge going to make room for Kemba if he hadn't renounced those guys?

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 04:57:46 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The only potential checkbook issue was Horford.  Maybe more money would have made him stay.  Maybe.  But everything else was a basketball decision or something else. Kyrie wanted to leave.  Baynes wanted to leave.  We didn't want Morris or Rozier. 

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Wyc open your checkbook-

From a pure asset in asset out point of view it hasn’t been an ideal offseason, but look at it this way.  We got Horford without giving up assets, and had him during his prime years and it wasn’t enough.  We lost Irving, but replaced him with Walker.  Yeah we lost Morris and Rozier for basically nothing, but on the other hand we got Hayward without giving up assets, and he should be better than both of them next year.  Add in Kanter, new French guy, and the future first round pick Danny loves lol and we did ok from from an asset standpoint. 

I wanted to keep Baynes, but we had to trade him to get the max cap space.

What we have now doesn’t have to be the finished product either.  We still have a roster spot open, and until the trade deadline to make adjustments in trades/buyouts if necessary.  Who knows maybe one of the young guys either Williams, Edwards, Semi ect really steps up to help out.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Unless Philly or Brooklyn agreed to a sign-and-Trade, we couldn’t have spent much more than we did.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes