Author Topic: Jaylen Brown and Scary Terry are keepers  (Read 4981 times)

Jaylen Brown and Scary Terry are keepers
« on: May 26, 2018, 12:33:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hats off to these two.  In a hostile environment like tonight....  no fear/execution

I love these kind of players and you need these kind of players to win championships.  Hope both are Celts for a long time to come

Re: Jaylen Brown and Scary Terry are keepers
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 12:46:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 12:54:29 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
TP triboy.  Couldn't agree more.  You always hear "you need guys like X to win a chip."  I translate that to you need high character guys that bring their grit when it matters most.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2018, 12:57:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
TP triboy.  Couldn't agree more.  You always hear "you need guys like X to win a chip."  I translate that to you need high character guys that bring their grit when it matters most.

Just cold blooded

you can tell these guys wanted to close things out tonight.  They came prepared to do that

the rest .... deer in the headlights. 

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 01:16:59 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Smart may not be a great shooter...but the grit he brought tonight was fantastic.  He's not the best Celtic on the floor but he wins the grit award every single night.  My favorite play was when he dove over Lebron on the ground and yanked the ball out of his hands in the process.  Also the block on Lebron was awesome, especially giving up so much size....

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 01:20:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Definitely agree about Jaylen. Him and JT have the potential to be a legendary wing tandem for a decade.

Scary Terry will be very interesting to see. He wants to be a starter, but is worse than our injured top-4 PG in the league. Hard to see us keeping him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 01:29:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Definitely agree about Jaylen. Him and JT have the potential to be a legendary wing tandem for a decade.

Scary Terry will be very interesting to see. He wants to be a starter, but is worse than our injured top-4 PG in the league. Hard to see us keeping him

we don't know for sure

But if he is willing to take 10-12 million per year to be the teams 6th man,  I'm down for this

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 02:50:51 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

we don't know for sure

But if he is willing to take 10-12 million per year to be the teams 6th man,  I'm down for this
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/terry-rozier-one-day-ill-be-starter-league

But I agree, if he can buy into our legendary 6th man culture, he'd be awesome to keep

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 02:54:36 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

we don't know for sure

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/video/terry-rozier-one-day-ill-be-starter-league

But I agree, if he can buy into our legendary 6th man culture, he'd be awesome to keep
I think we'll have to sell that to Hayward next year, we're not going to bench Brown or Tatum and we're not going to play small with Horford at C after this game 6. But honestly, if we win game 7 (fingers crossed) and put up a good fight in the finals/win it all, why not trade Kyrie? He can bring back more value, is older, has injury concerns and takes up more cap space. But ofc if we get good value for him.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 03:07:51 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

we don't know for sure

I think we'll have to sell that to Hayward next year, we're not going to bench Brown or Tatum and we're not going to play small with Horford at C after this game 6. But honestly, if we win game 7 (fingers crossed) and put up a good fight in the finals/win it all, why not trade Kyrie? He can bring back more value, is older, has injury concerns and takes up more cap space. But ofc if we get good value for him.

We not paying max money to a 6th man. JUST NO.

October 2018 starting 5:
PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Jaylen Brown
SF - Gordon Hayward
PF - Jayson Tatum
C - Al Horford

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 03:08:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

we don't know for sure

I feel like Brad will go with the small-ball lineup of Irving/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford next year anyway, because he seems to like it. And we may lose Baynes, which would suck majorly.

But the big problem is what you highlighted in the last line - can we get good value for him? I really don't know. I also don't know if I trust Terry to be a full time starting PG (yet). By January next year I think we'll have a better picture of what he is. If he works on his actual point guard craft over the summer, he could be anything.

Going to be a fun summer anyway!

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 03:22:34 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
This is the first time Rozier played well away, and in this series he is more often not good than good
I see him has the physical and fundamentals to be a "big money player" in several years but still two steps away skill-wise to cover his cold days, (for example Tatum can give you efficient 15pt even when he is cold, while Rozier will be a none or minus)

I will not pay him big money and definetly not replacing Irving, i think he still best suited as bench guy for a champion team, for now

with that said i am happy he finally performed away, now it's only Horford who havn't

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 09:04:38 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Rozier is an above average starter/6th man type on a good team. he's been very streaky this playoffs where you dont know what you are going to get....which is the characteristic trait of a role type player. COntrast that to Isaiah thomas when he was here/Irving who pretty much put up those 20+ points every night..

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Smart may not be a great shooter...but the grit he brought tonight was fantastic.  He's not the best Celtic on the floor but he wins the grit award every single night.  My favorite play was when he dove over Lebron on the ground and yanked the ball out of his hands in the process.  Also the block on Lebron was awesome, especially giving up so much size....

Since we are sticking Marcus Smart into a thread about how well Rozier and Brown played>  What about the 2nd quarter when Marcus's horrible shot selection, trying to be the hero, blew our lead and put us in a hole?

Marcus needs less grit and more smarts!

I don't know what it is with you guys who drink the Marcus kool-aid - you need to acknowledge that with Marcus you get the bad, sometimes awful, with the good!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:38:44 AM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 09:31:31 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

we don't know for sure

They're not going to bench their $30 million all star forward.