Author Topic: Woj: Wizards giving impression no player exempt from possible trade talks  (Read 10299 times)

Re: Woj: Wizards giving impression no player exempt from possible trade talks
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Like many others have said would be interested in Beal but impossible to match salaries.

Thoughts on these for other teams:
 1.Bucks trade: Bledsoe and DiVincenzo for Wall

2. Pistons trade Reggie Jackson and a 1st for Wall

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 01:49:36 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Brown, Rozier, and a pick for Beal. A man can dream, right?

Hopefully it's just you and Washington fans dreaming that  :P
idk... money aside this is a deal I would consider.

Yeah I gotta say I would consider this too if it wasn't the Sacto pick in the deal.  I wouldn't want to deal Brown right now at this moment, his value couldn't be lower, but Beal is a weapon.

Other than D and driving, Beal's pretty much got JB beat, and he's still young with upside:

Beal at age 20 put up 17-3.7-3.3 with 1 steal on 42-40-78% splits, on 51% TS% with 4 WS.

Beal at age 23 put up 23-3-3.5 on 48-40-82% splits, at 60% TS% with 8.5 WS (!); at 24 his counting stat averages for assists + rebounds rose to 4.5 each with maintained scoring. 

JB was a rookie at 20; at 21, he put up 14.5-5-1.6 with 1 steal on 46-40-65% splits with 56% TS% + 4.5 WS.  In the playoffs, 18-5-1.4 with .8 steals on 47-39-64% splits, 56% TS%.

Progress-wise, Beal made the leap at age 23, and his seasons at 20 + 22 were pretty similar.  That is, he was very ahead of the curve even for a top prospect as a teen / 20 year old, then he increased his scoring but kinda plateaued for 2 years.  At 23 he went off, but he also had 3 seasons with 2.4+ Def WS by age 24 (for reference, JB killed it last year with 3.2).

So Beal is a deadly spot up shooter who can get you 20-25 a game with a usage rate in the mid 20s.  For reference, in the playoffs last year JB got us 18 a game on 56% TS% with a 24.6 usage rate.  Beal at 23 got 23 a game on 60% TS% with a 26.5% usage rate.  He can man a corner and be deadly and space the floor, he can create with the ball, is a capable passer, a solid rebounder and a nice defender for a SG.  He may just be a better fit than JB to be an All Star caliber 3rd Guy with 2 all stars already in place (Kyrie, and either Tatum or Hayward); he reminds me of a shorter, more kinetic Klay Thompson with worse D (to fit the GSW model). 

The issue is JB can't get worse, so you might be overpaying for Beal.  The other thing is that Beal didn't grow much from 20 to 22 but emerged at age 23, and Jaylen is still only 22.  To do a deal and feel good, we'd have to believe that Jaylen won't make that type of leap.  I wouldn't want to be the one to make the decision, but I'd entertain JB+Terry+LAC pick + filler for Beal once we see some improvement from JB and our starting 5 logs more minutes. 

CONCLUSION: I think we don't know what we have yet with our guys, but I also think there's a good chance JB is never as good as Beal got by age 23, and may never be as good with a Big 2-3 in place as Beal would be now.  So I think you have to consider this when your top asset isn't at rock bottom value, because I don't think Rozier has much trade value, and IMO losing 1 of the LAC pick or a Boston pick in a deal for an All Star is fine.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Like many others have said would be interested in Beal but impossible to match salaries.

When Smart is eligible to be traded at full salary value, a deal like this wouldn't work?

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

for Beal and maybe a little sweetener?

I'd rather deal Terry than Smart but I know Smart is the $15m piece we need to match salary.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 02:03:19 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Beal is a knockdown shooter we could need and is also a close friend of Tatum, it would make sense aside from salaries
If his salary could fit I'd definitely take Beal.  He's only 25 years old.

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

When Smart is eligible to be traded at full salary value, a deal like this wouldn't work?

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

I'd rather deal Terry than Smart but I know Smart is the $15m piece we need to match salary.
Smart is only at 11 million....I dont think it would be enough to match

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

Beal is 25 million Brown, Smart and Yabu are like 19 million... Yeah, not enough.... You have to throw Morris in there...

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 02:13:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I saw this on clutchpoints... Would be a good trade for both sides.... Scary...

The trade: Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Michael Beasley for Bradley Beal of the Washington Wizards

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 02:17:34 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

Beal is 25 million Brown, Smart and Yabu are like 19 million... Yeah, not enough.... You have to throw Morris in there...

Does it have to be Morris?  Cuz can't you be off by 10-20% in salary?  We couldn't include Morris or Rozier in there without decimating the team.  What about Wanamaker?  Theis?

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2018, 02:23:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Brown, Rozier, and a pick for Beal. A man can dream, right?
that's no dream.  that's a nightmare overpayment.

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2018, 02:24:49 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

Does it have to be Morris?  Cuz can't you be off by 10-20% in salary?  We couldn't include Morris or Rozier in there without decimating the team.  What about Wanamaker?  Theis?

Yeah it would work with Rozier and Theis thrown in but that's Brown,Smart, Rozier, Theis... Really thins out the squad...

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

We can be off by 25% plus $100k. 

I don't see why Morris and Rozier would need to be included in this.  I believe Brown/Smart/Yabu/either Ojeleye or Theis would get it done, purely from a salary cap standpoint.  Whether Washington could clear the roster space to take that package (and, of course, whether either team would have any interest in the deal) is a separate hurdle, though. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 02:43:35 PM by Atzar »

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2018, 02:51:41 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

I don't see why Morris and Rozier would need to be included in this.  I believe Brown/Smart/Yabu/either Ojeleye or Theis would get it done, purely from a salary cap standpoint.  Whether Washington could clear the roster space to take that package (and, of course, whether either team would have any interest in the deal) is a separate hurdle, though.

Thats correct but thats a lot of players.......but the morris idea is interesting.

Morris, Smart, Brown for Beal and Jeff Green(to replace morris production?)

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7132077

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2018, 03:06:54 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Brown
Smart
Yabu
Clippers pick

Yeah, I prefer Theis but he's gone after this year and RW3 should replace him.  Semi is pretty bad, but he's locked up for 2 more years after this one for dirt cheap, so I'd do either.

Brown (centerpiece)
Smart (positive asset and needed for salary matching)
Yabu (neutral asset, unproven player with upside)
Semi or Theis

for Beal, 2nd rounder.

I wouldn't want to include a pick since we're including Smart and not Rozier, but I still might.

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
No one has mentioned Dwight Howard?  He could be the 14 year vet that Kyrie is looking for.

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2018, 03:24:07 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I imagine the cost for Beal would be Jaylen, Smart, Rozier, Mook just to make salaries match.  That's too high for me.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain