Author Topic: Why is The Truth Shooting so Consistently Awful Lately?!  (Read 4370 times)

Why is The Truth Shooting so Consistently Awful Lately?!
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:26 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I love Paul and he has done a lot for this franchise so it pains me to say this. Especially after a win tonight. Something needs to be said though because I think a big part of our issues are caused by his shooting woes.

7 games so far this season and he is shooting under 40% from the floor. Only 1 game at 50% or better and that was exactly 50%. He has a game shooting in the teens, one in the 20's, and another barely over 30%. More than half of his games this year would be considered poor shooting nights. Considering he shoots more than any player on the Celtics, and has the worst shooting percentage on the team, shouldn't we be focusing on him as a possible reason we are struggling this year?! The only area he shoots well at is from behind the arc. Maybe it's time to have the Captain reduce his role in the offense and start passing the ball a bit more. I for one would like to see them get Bass a few more jumpers.

Not trying to rip him to shreds. He is definitely still a leader of this squad and should have a role in the offense, however it really ought to be less than it is based on his results. I am getting tired of seeing games with him shooting 6 for 18. It is happening way too often for us to be serious contenders. Everyone on here is ripping Jeff Green and his offensive play, but the Captain is shooting worse. I think its time for you to sit outside the arc and move the ball a bit more please.

Now... Have at me.  ;D

Re: Why is The Truth Shooting so Consistently Awful Lately?!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
He's fine. Will round into form as the games continue.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:28:48 PM »

Online letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Cause he doesn't go to the basket anymore

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:28:57 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
slow start to da season so far he'll get it together eventually he's gettin good shots just missin em at da moment

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:31:05 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i feel when he takes too many shots it hurts our team, especially when looks sluggish because paul has his days....I feel he's still the man in the 4th though..cold blooded

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
I'm a bit worried about it too.  A lot of shots are flat and short.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Nothing to get on you about, youre absolutely right... he should be getting less minutes/ not shooting as much or just taking better shots.
we're potentially a better team with green starting believe it or not...but like Ray, Paul would not take that well

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 10:39:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well most of the time shots are flat and short it means that they player has lost his lift from his legs.  Could be too many minutes, but it has been the 3rd game in 4 nights.  Maybe still getting into game shape.  PP was very flat with his shot tonight.  Very noticeable...

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 10:42:26 PM »

Offline GreenNote

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
Good thing I read shooting, at first I understood playing. I guess he needs time to get into his groove or maybe it's a conditioning thing. He doesn't have a lot of arc to begin with so when his legs aren't there his shots are very flat and that reduces the 'size' of the rim. According to Dirk's shooting coach, the ideal angle of the ball going down should be 60 degrees, I don't think Paul's arc is anywhere near that right now

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Getting into game shape no doubt... But he averaged 24.5 over the last two games. One bad night and the mob is out? Its unbelievable. We get a win and there is still something to pick on.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
His shot isn't fallen right now. He makes up low FG% by getting to the line. 15.7 shots to score 20.8 points. Better points per shot than NBA's leading scorer Carmelo Anthony. Also as a scorer, Pierce has to keep on shooting. Last thing we need is our primary scorer to become hesitant.

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:45:32 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
he was probably forced to play some extra minutes tonight too with Green twisting his ankle

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 10:47:32 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well I wasn't trying to respond as part of any mob.  I was just trying to throw and explanation out there.  I think PP will be fine.  We are going to need him big time this year.  It was a tough matchup tonight with Deng.  LD always makes PP work hard at both ends of the court.

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 10:50:54 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I never worry about Paul...watching him play at Kansas,  he is a PURE shooter as I've ever seen. 

He'll get his shot back up to snuff.   

We were able to win with KG and Pierce not exactly hot shooting the jumper. Dats a good sign.

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:09 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Getting into game shape no doubt... But he averaged 24.5 over the last two games. One bad night and the mob is out? Its unbelievable. We get a win and there is still something to pick on.

Did you not read the entire post?! It wasn't one bad night. It is the normal for him lately. Lots of shots. Percentage in the 30's. That isn't the recipe for a successful season. Your highest number of shots player can't be the worst percentage shooter.

He shot this poorly in the playoffs last season as well. It wasn't just this few game stretch. He has shot worse and worse the last few years and it is the rare occasion that he is on fire, not the reverse. Not being a "mob", just wondering if he shouldn't share the rock to make us a better team. We definitely aren't going anywhere if this continues. It doesn't matter who the other pieces are.

As far as game shape, how come every one else can be in shape except for Paul. If the entire league was shooting in the 30's then you might have something there. If he isn't in shape then you should be ticked he decided not to work as hard as he should have in the offseason. Especially since he doesn't have many of them left.