Author Topic: NBA Season 2015-2016  (Read 178493 times)

Re: NBA Season 2015-2016
« Reply #615 on: December 05, 2015, 12:03:43 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Davis with the clutch steal and dunk off the Lebron turnover!

« Reply #616 on: December 05, 2015, 12:06:35 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Lebron clearly walked on that last basket....

« Reply #617 on: December 05, 2015, 12:09:08 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Dumb move by Tyreke. Should have give the final possession to Davis.

« Reply #618 on: December 05, 2015, 12:26:06 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
J.R Smith has become a liability now.

« Reply #619 on: December 05, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
You know who would fit OKC perfectly and instantly make them a step or two better than they currently are?

Avery Bradley

Now, realistically, what would you want from the Thunder for him? Can't include KD or Westbrook, or probably even Ibaka. They're lacking a future 1st or two I believe. Is there even a package from that team tofu even consider at this point?

Adams and Waiters for Bradley and Zeller? McGary, Singler and a pick for Bradley and Lee? Idk man. I used to be very interested in going after Adams but the way AB has been playing really makes me reconsider. They may not even have a package of guys they could offer for AB good enough to take considering our super-deep roster.

If rumors about the mutual interest between Waiters and the 76ers is true, then a three-way trade with us, OKC, and Philly would work out pretty well for all involved. Something basically like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=htm7dzr

Boston: Noel

Philly: Waiters, Huestis

OKC: Bradley

I'm not sure if any picks should be involved. If anything, it's probably OKC owing them a pick. Otherwise, I'd put like a top-3 protection on the Memphis pick and send it to Philly.

That's an idea I can get behind. Though I think it would certainly take Philly getting more than just Waiters and Huestis back in the deal. If we sent out Bradley and took on Noel, I'd at least wanna move a big in the deal and maybe some shooting back. Though I think OKC would be all about that trade, basically swapping Waiters for Bradley. Maybe they could send Singler our way, he's a good shooter ain't he? I think something like this makes some sense for everyone:

Boston: Noel, Covington

Philly: Waiters, McGary, Young, Singler, 2016 BOS 1st (Top-10 pro.)

OKC: Bradley, Zeller, Sampson

Id be happy with that. Would certainly push guys like Lee and Amir to smaller roles if they weren't moved too, but Noel is a defensive monster and combined with Smart, Thomas, Crowder, Sully, KO, etc and his age/hometown it makes too much sense. Imagine this teams defense with Noel on it. Makes me shiver.

« Reply #620 on: December 05, 2015, 12:31:07 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Great night for the BKN pick. Pels win and the Nets lost.

« Reply #621 on: December 05, 2015, 12:35:48 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
You know who would fit OKC perfectly and instantly make them a step or two better than they currently are?

Avery Bradley

Now, realistically, what would you want from the Thunder for him? Can't include KD or Westbrook, or probably even Ibaka. They're lacking a future 1st or two I believe. Is there even a package from that team tofu even consider at this point?

Adams and Waiters for Bradley and Zeller? McGary, Singler and a pick for Bradley and Lee? Idk man. I used to be very interested in going after Adams but the way AB has been playing really makes me reconsider. They may not even have a package of guys they could offer for AB good enough to take considering our super-deep roster.

If rumors about the mutual interest between Waiters and the 76ers is true, then a three-way trade with us, OKC, and Philly would work out pretty well for all involved. Something basically like this:

I'm not sure if any picks should be involved. If anything, it's probably OKC owing them a pick. Otherwise, I'd put like a top-3 protection on the Memphis pick and send it to Philly.
Good trade for us and OKC.   Probably not for Philly.  Waiters will be an RFA so the Sixers can just get him in free agency.  OKC is going to be focused on re-signing Durant.  They have 67mil on the books without Durant so I don't think they'll even make Waiters a qualifying offer.  I don't know anything about Huestis but he's already 23 and hasn't played this season. 

Our Memphis pick is already protected so we're not getting it if it is top 3.  It doesn't become unprotected until 2021.  It also doesn't convey until 2 years after Denver gets a Memphis 1st which is heavily protected in 2016 (1-5 and 15-30).   So our Memphis pick will probably convey in 2019 (top 8 protected). 

« Reply #622 on: December 05, 2015, 01:05:52 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552

Avery Bradley

That's an idea I can get behind. Though I think it would certainly take Philly getting more than just Waiters and Huestis back in the deal. If we sent out Bradley and took on Noel, I'd at least wanna move a big in the deal and maybe some shooting back. Though I think OKC would be all about that trade, basically swapping Waiters for Bradley. Maybe they could send Singler our way, he's a good shooter ain't he? I think something like this makes some sense for everyone:

Boston: Noel, Covington

Philly: Waiters, McGary, Young, Singler, 2016 BOS 1st (Top-10 pro.)

OKC: Bradley, Zeller, Sampson

Id be happy with that. Would certainly push guys like Lee and Amir to smaller roles if they weren't moved too, but Noel is a defensive monster and combined with Smart, Thomas, Crowder, Sully, KO, etc and his age/hometown it makes too much sense. Imagine this teams defense with Noel on it. Makes me shiver.
That's an even worse trade for Philly.  My Waiters RFA comments apply.  McGary is a 23 year old big who is in D-League and the Sixers have no use for him.  Young has shown little NBA ability and is in D-League.  The Sixers have no use for Singler and he has 3 more years at 5mil per on his contract.  With Noel and Covington, we're practically guaranteed of a playoff spot so the pick would probably be around 20.   The Sixers could get a lot better deal for Noel and Covington. 

« Reply #623 on: December 05, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I don't understand Steph Curry. How is this possible?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #624 on: December 05, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
What we are witnessing out of Steph Curry over this stretch the most incredible individual basketball played since Michael Jordan.   It's unbelievable. 

« Reply #625 on: December 05, 2015, 07:51:59 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Looks like it'll be up to the Celtics to stop the Warriors.

« Reply #626 on: December 05, 2015, 07:54:16 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

You mean the Nets.  ;)

« Reply #627 on: December 05, 2015, 07:54:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If Steph Curry keeps playing like this... they'll go 82-0.  Lol.  They are unbeatable right now.   He's a real-life character from NBA 2K.  Lowry just had the best game of his career... 41 points on 14-26 shooting...   Steph gets 44 points on 14-24 shooting.  Anytime the Raptors threatened to win, Curry just nailed something.

« Reply #628 on: December 05, 2015, 07:56:58 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
We can all probably thank Dellevadova for this.  I don't think any player since Jordan has ever won a title and come back with this much of a drive to still prove himself.

Mike

« Reply #629 on: December 05, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

I guess we have as good as shot as most teams ......at least we play defense .

So while we may very well get beat ......

Maybe it will be a respectable game anyways..... ;)