Author Topic: Wow, the last 2 minutes of tonight's game was unbearable  (Read 5421 times)

Re: Wow, the last 2 minutes of tonight's game was unbearable
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 12:41:44 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Turn off the TV. That's something you could do.

I actually enjoyed how they fought til the end.

I am not talking about how they fought.

I am just talking about the interruptions by the timeouts, unnecessary fouls, etc.

Unfortunately, the Celts turnovers didn't help.

I get what you're saying. Of course we could turn off the TV, DVR the game, etc., but the point is, why, for example, are coaches calling timeouts when they're down, like, 8 points with 13 seconds left? I understand practicing end-of-game situations, but come on, you really don't have a chance of coming back in that situation, so just call it a game and move on.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

I am just talking about the interruptions by the timeouts, unnecessary fouls, etc.

I get what you're saying. Of course we could turn off the TV, DVR the game, etc., but the point is, why, for example, are coaches calling timeouts when they're down, like, 8 points with 13 seconds left? I understand practicing end-of-game situations, but come on, you really don't have a chance of coming back in that situation, so just call it a game and move on.

That's EXACTLY the point I was trying to make.

You're down by 8 with 10 seconds left, why call a timeout?

You're down by 6 with 8 second left. How does fouling the other team benefit you in any way?

And then you have the officials reviewing the meaningless foul Bradley gave Augustin?

Seriously?

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 01:40:26 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105

You're down by 6 with 8 second left. How does fouling the other team benefit you in any way?

And then you have the officials reviewing the meaningless foul Bradley gave Augustin?

Seriously?

There are a number of things the league could do to fix this stuff. First and foremost is reducing the ridiculous number of timeouts each team has. Secondly, telling the refs to call fewer fouls and let the game be more physical (less free throws) and third, getting rid of the ridiculous "let's review the play" garbage. It's a waste of time.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 01:41:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Seriously?

If they had we'd see a thousand posts about how the C's quit and how "they don't play with any heart" etc XyZ.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Seriously?

If they had we'd see a thousand posts about how the C's quit and how "they don't play with any heart" etc XyZ.

I don't see how the team would be quitting if they didn't commit senseless fouls while being down by more than 4 points with a handful of seconds left.

I know all teams do it and this to me is a league wide problem.

What the Celts should've done is not committed as many turnovers and done a better job rebounding.

Jus' sayin'

And I won't even get started on Phil Pressey last night.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:53:45 PM by gpap »

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
We actualy lost to a team that is worse than us. Without KD and Ibaka they realy are worse. Last quarter was criminal. Anthony Morrow? Are you kidding me?!

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 01:56:38 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
We actualy lost to a team that is worse than us. Without KD and Ibaka they realy are worse. Last quarter was criminal. Anthony Morrow? Are you kidding me?!

I think that's also kinda sticking in my craw right now.

I feel that was a winnable game last night.

Unfortunately Westbrook is phenomenal and the Thunder have more size (Kanter and Adams KILLED us on the boards.

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 01:59:32 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I still don't think they were worse.  Morrow is one of the best shooters in the league.  We had nobody to keep Adams and Kanter in check.  And they have an mvp candidate.  If Smart didn't have a career type game it wouldn't have been that close.

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Unfortunately Westbrook is phenomenal and the Thunder have more size (Kanter and Adams KILLED us on the boards.
We allowed a 20-point turnaround in the third quarter. That is all.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 02:03:08 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Even without KD and Ibaka, the Thunder are much better than the C's current roster.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 02:39:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I thought we fought 'til the bitter end.  I loved the high pressure threes we made one after another, that builds character and grit.

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 02:46:33 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Reggie Miller would like to have a word with some of you folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__29zDPQK8o

And if you're Spike Lee, it's probably going to be a swear word.

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 02:58:46 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Why would you be surprised, we lost to them without Durant or Westbrook earlier in the season.  Morrow tore us up then too, dropped 28.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 05:27:48 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Reggie Miller would like to have a word with some of you folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__29zDPQK8o

And if you're Spike Lee, it's probably going to be a swear word.

It's funny, because this was one of the things I thought of while first reading this thread, and I thought someone might bring it (or something like it) up.

I get it: there's always a chance, right? I mean, I guess the Celtics did still have a TINY shot at winning last night—down 4 with 7 seconds to go (though OKC had possession). And they ARE fighting for a playoff spot, so ...

I don't ever want guys to give up, but I also think there are games in which the outcome is CLEAR—like, say, 10-point difference with 10 seconds to go—and the losing team keeps calling timeouts. That's just silly.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
I mean you know OKC is going to win, yet timeout after timeout was called, and foul after foul was made.

Just awful and drives you nuts.

I really wish the NBA would consider doing something about preventing the last two minutes of a game from taking SOOOOO freakin long!!

I record the games, then zap through the commercials, otherwise I would go insane!!!  it works out well here on the west coast.  I usually watch the 1st quarter of a game and then let the wife watch her TV programs, then I'm able to watch the rest of the game and flip through the rest of the commercials.