Author Topic: Realistic team for next year.  (Read 9772 times)

Re: Realistic team for next year.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
No way we get either McGee or Hibbert. They are both RFA's who will command Tuson Chandler money (15 mil per year over 5 years).

I can't see Danny overpaying for either of them.

Similar situation with EGordon (RFA')

2012 free agent class is pretty thin, and coupled with new CBA rules, I cannot see much player movement at all.
Ainge overpaid Jermaine. No one knows what Ainge has in mind haha
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Javale McGee is horrible.  Great athleticism but a terrible basketball IQ.  Ugh.  Would like Hibbert but that seems unlikely.

If I'm Ray Allen, I'd move on to the Knicks.  A lineup of a motivated Baron Davis, Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire, Tyson Chandler is both realistic and pretty awesome.

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 11:13:47 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Also worth note, KG was indeed very loyal to Minnesota and Boston . . . while he was the highest paid player in NBA history.

Both Ray and KG move on after this year.  Time to rebuild.

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 01:35:43 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
2012 free agent class is pretty thin, and coupled with new CBA rules, I cannot see much player movement at all.

The new CBA rules mean that the Celtics may be using their future cap space to snatch decent players on non-horrible contracts that teams are trying to dump to avoid luxury tax.  Not necessarily 2012, but possibly 2013 as well (signing players - KG and RA? - to one-year contracts as a bridge to 2013 to avoid getting tied up in longer contracts that soak up cap space).

What sort of players will be available though? Teams that are generally stacked with serviceable players will be the ones that won't mind entering double and triple luxury tax area, as they tend to be the bigger market teams.

I think you will see a few teams dump players to make room the way the Mavs traded Rudy Fernandez and Corey Brewer to Denver for a second-round pick.  The Lamar Odom trade might also be comparable if you consider that a salary dump.

Dwight Howard may or may not want to come to Boston, but if he doesn't, the Celtics may be able to find some bargains helping another team clear cap space if D12 wants to go there.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 02:18:22 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I agrre, I think KG and Ray will be here for short monies on one year contracts!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think RA and KG should sign for the veteran minimum.
I think you should do your job for 20-30% of what you deserve to be paid too
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 03:38:07 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Kg is retiring after this year, but I could see Ray Allen coming back for a small 1 or 2 year contract near vet minimum.

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 03:42:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Too many restricted FA's this year for us to make a splash. More likely option is to sign re-sign KG and Allen (as stated above) to 1 yr Celtic friendly deals. Bring back Green and Bass. Perhaps bring back Dooling and Daniels, depending on their salary demands. Sign Mayo to a long term deal at around 6-8M per year. Sign a solid big man, like Kaman, to a 1 yr deal, overpaying to ensure we land him. Use our MLE on serviceable big man. Hope our 2 1st rounders are hits. Then  go into 2013 FA with only Rondo, Pierce, Mayo, Green (assuming health permits), and our picks from the 11' and 12' Draft Class.

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Best Scenario:
pg- Rondo/ Keyon Dooling
sg- Eric Gordon (sign through free agency)/ Etwaun Moore
sf- Paul Pierce/ Quincy Miller or Michael Gilchrist (draft)
pf- Brandon Bass/ JaJuan Johnson
c- Javale McGee (sign through free agency)/ Steisma
6th man- Jeff Green

Lesser Scenario:
pg- Rondo/ Keyon Dooling
sg- Nick Young or OJ Mayo/ Austin Rivers (draft) or
sf- Paul Pierce/ Terrence Jones (draft)
pf- Brandon Bass/ JaJuan Johnson
c- Javale McGee/ Steisma
6th man- Jeff Green

This is realistic to me at least. I am assuming we will trade up in the draft. I would be completely floured with the first scenario and very satisfied with the second.

Sorry to say, but none of the proposed rosters will enable us to even get a sniff of the 2nd round of the playoffs
(nevermind a championship.)

Furthermore, I would hope with all this talked about cap-space going into the 2012 summer, that we'd put a better lineup on the court than one with Rondo, Pierce, a few rooks, Javale McGee and Brandon Bass  :o

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Kg is retiring after this year, but I could see Ray Allen coming back for a small 1 or 2 year contract near vet minimum.

Ray's going to make a lot more than the veteran minimum next season. Figure north of $6M.

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Next season, unless some thing AMAZING happens and DA pulls an other move out of his back side, I think next year will be an okay season, maybe playoffs, but only first round. Just not enough chips and FA's to play with next season.

Maybe get the Rooks more game ready and either they become break out stars or good trade chips.

2013 looks a bit more promising for FA's. I think thats were the C's will make the most moves as of right now. I think green and Rondo will be the base to get some of the bigger talent to want to come over here. But They are going to have to bring out the check books to get some of these guys to consider the C's.

Bottom line. Enjoy this season, because the next most likely will be a big of a headache, even more than this one so far...

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 05:43:17 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green
We gon suck next year unless DA has a trick or two..
IŽll still root for this team however ;D
Once a Celtic always a Celtic.
I just hope that next season doesnt turn out to be another 2006-2007 Season :o

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »

Offline KP43

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • THE BIG3: 9, 34, 5

I hope it tourns out like the 2006-07 season, if the following one tourns out like the 2007-08 season  ;D
Doc's gonna tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yeah iknow, my username is Kendrick Perkins and my ranking is Jeff Green. Ironic huh?

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 05:57:50 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • I Bleed Green

I hope it tourns out like the 2006-07 season, if the following one tourns out like the 2007-08 season  ;D
hahahaha.. History repeats itself.
And if it doesnt.. Well then we godt a top 5 pick in the draft ;D

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline TruthPierce2008

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
[Edited.]

Quote from: CelticsBlog Rules
Do not label fellow posters in a way that is likely to provoke a negative response.  Dependent upon context, examples include, but are not limited to, "fake fan", "bandwagon fan", "not a real fan", "hater", "homer", "koolaid drinker", etc.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:19:04 PM by Roy H. »