Author Topic: Realistic team for next year.  (Read 9773 times)

Realistic team for next year.
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:41:43 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Best Scenario:
pg- Rondo/ Keyon Dooling
sg- Eric Gordon (sign through free agency)/ Etwaun Moore
sf- Paul Pierce/ Quincy Miller or Michael Gilchrist (draft)
pf- Brandon Bass/ JaJuan Johnson
c- Javale McGee (sign through free agency)/ Steisma
6th man- Jeff Green

Lesser Scenario:
pg- Rondo/ Keyon Dooling
sg- Nick Young or OJ Mayo/ Austin Rivers (draft) or
sf- Paul Pierce/ Terrence Jones (draft)
pf- Brandon Bass/ JaJuan Johnson
c- Javale McGee/ Steisma
6th man- Jeff Green

This is realistic to me at least. I am assuming we will trade up in the draft. I would be completely floured with the first scenario and very satisfied with the second.

Re: Realistic team for next year.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 10:44:58 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Seems like low expectations, IMO.  Ainge will shoot higher.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:49:31 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i hope not....we would suck

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 10:53:46 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Ray will still be there.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 01:41:57 AM »

Offline celtsfan619

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
would love to bring in Hibbert

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:20 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
No way we get either McGee or Hibbert. They are both RFA's who will command Tuson Chandler money (15 mil per year over 5 years).

I can't see Danny overpaying for either of them.

Similar situation with EGordon (RFA')

2012 free agent class is pretty thin, and coupled with new CBA rules, I cannot see much player movement at all.

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 06:19:15 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
2012 free agent class is pretty thin, and coupled with new CBA rules, I cannot see much player movement at all.

The new CBA rules mean that the Celtics may be using their future cap space to snatch decent players on non-horrible contracts that teams are trying to dump to avoid luxury tax.  Not necessarily 2012, but possibly 2013 as well (signing players - KG and RA? - to one-year contracts as a bridge to 2013 to avoid getting tied up in longer contracts that soak up cap space).
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 08:35:37 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

The new CBA rules mean that the Celtics may be using their future cap space to snatch decent players on non-horrible contracts that teams are trying to dump to avoid luxury tax.  Not necessarily 2012, but possibly 2013 as well (signing players - KG and RA? - to one-year contracts as a bridge to 2013 to avoid getting tied up in longer contracts that soak up cap space).

What sort of players will be available though? Teams that are generally stacked with serviceable players will be the ones that won't mind entering double and triple luxury tax area, as they tend to be the bigger market teams.

Also, the number of teams looking to cut payroll would be lessened due to recent amnesty relief, would it not?

Regarding the availability of big name free agents, can you see any of them forgoing those "home town." signing bonuses?

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 10:01:03 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

What sort of players will be available though? Teams that are generally stacked with serviceable players will be the ones that won't mind entering double and triple luxury tax area, as they tend to be the bigger market teams.

Also, the number of teams looking to cut payroll would be lessened due to recent amnesty relief, would it not?

Regarding the availability of big name free agents, can you see any of them forgoing those "home town." signing bonuses?

Teams would probably rather trade players than amnesty them. Amnesty comes off the books but they still have to pay the contract.

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I think RA and KG should sign for the veteran minimum, they they can still contribute much for this team.

I would like Big Al ;),Ainge should try his return.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 10:40:56 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I think RA and KG should sign for the veteran minimum, they they can still contribute much for this team.

If KG or Ray see an opportunity for one last good payday, they will take it. At the end of the day, it's a business. And if Danny trades Ray or KG before the end of the season, well same thing.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
we need a center, big time. there are a few out there in FA
obviously howard is #1
1a hibbard, lopez, monroe or mcgee
2 bynum (idea makes me want to throw up)
3 j thompson, caveman

hibbard needs to be considered a top choice b/c the D he brings
mcgee seems like a big risk
monroe and lopez bring O but D is questionable

thompson is a under preforming PF,
the caveman would be good on a vet squad but not much to build around.

given the probability that we will be building for the future it seems to me that unless we can nab Howard, we should be aiming at a center we an sign for less then max so as we can land a second impact player to help push the rebuild forward.

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 10:47:53 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

If KG or Ray see an opportunity for one last good payday, they will take it. At the end of the day, it's a business. And if Danny trades Ray or KG before the end of the season, well same thing.

I think both would stay regardless of a chance for a good payday (unless there's some absurd difference). KG has always been loyal to a fault, and Ray has ties in the North East, plus he's a family man and doesn't want to move the family around. I think all these things will make Boston by far their preferred choice.

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
The problem with next year Free agents is that the good ones are Restricted.
Would love Eric Gordon, but NOLA would def match any offer on him. Roy Hibbert is also someone i dont see leaving Pacers. McGee would be a good target. Nick Young can definitely also come cheap (6-7 million?).
PG: Rondo/Keyon
SG: O.J Mayo/ Ray Allen/William Bufford (Draft)/EtWaun/Avery
SF: Paul Pierce/Jeff Green/Terrence Jones (Draft)
PF: Brandon Bass/Kevin Garnett(If he doesnt Retire)/JaJuan
C: JaVale McGee (If we cant get Howard)/Ryan Hollins or Stiemsma
Im just saying that we shouldnt expect a whole lot next year.
Jack of all trades, master of none.