Author Topic: Celtics "reached out" to Reggie Evans  (Read 7244 times)

Re: Celtics "reached out" to Reggie Evans
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 10:47:55 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I love Evans as a defender hustle guy. I would replace him with BBD without even thinking. Of all the undersized bigs in the league, Evans is my favorite. Offense or no offense.
I guess then it's good that the people who do the replacing also do the thinking? ;)

For starters, Davis is a better defender and a better hustler than Evans.

Sure, Evans is a pretty good rebounder. The problem is, he doesn't have any other NBA skill that's even mediocre. He doesn't have great size, doesn't have defensive skill, and he takes the concept of "stone hands" to a whole new level. Not to mention that he's coming back from a major injury.

Reggie Evans at the veteran minimum to fill out the roster? Maybe, if nothing better comes along? Evans as a replacement of Glen Davis ? No way.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Danny's a regular FTD florist these days.

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2011, 12:17:33 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I love Evans as a defender hustle guy. I would replace him with BBD without even thinking. Of all the undersized bigs in the league, Evans is my favorite. Offense or no offense.
I guess then it's good that the people who do the replacing also do the thinking? ;)

For starters, Davis is a better defender and a better hustler than Evans.

Sure, Evans is a pretty good rebounder. The problem is, he doesn't have any other NBA skill that's even mediocre. He doesn't have great size, doesn't have defensive skill, and he takes the concept of "stone hands" to a whole new level. Not to mention that he's coming back from a major injury.

Reggie Evans at the veteran minimum to fill out the roster? Maybe, if nothing better comes along? Evans as a replacement of Glen Davis ? No way.

Evans would be our PJ Brown/Leon Powe that was needed late last year. A good 10th 11th man in the rotation that can come in, play some tough minutes in the paint, and rebound. We don't need to have a top flight scorer at every spot at any given time. I don't care about Evans shooting the ball, provided that he can take away those points from the other team. I'd sign him, provided the cost isn't high.

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2011, 12:22:11 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Koz,

You are right, Glen does have the ability to shoot 40% or less on jumpers:-)))  He also has the ability to NOT use his girth to be an above average rebounder:-))  Did I mention how lazy and out of shape he is yet?:-))  Just jerking your chain a little.  You are right in that Evans is ONE dimensional, which I think was your point.

Smitty77

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Doesn't he shoot like 40%?  I'd probably rather have BBD.  Baby doesn't rebound as well but does pretty much everything else better than Evans.

Jeff Foster would be the best fit for this team.  A taller version of BBD but can rebound better and play center.

Another guy I'd rather have is Josh McRoberts.  He can finish Rondo's alley oops and hit 3s and would be a good piece for the future.  He's a possibility at $3 mil a year.