Author Topic: Allen Iverson  (Read 7663 times)

Allen Iverson
« on: June 18, 2010, 03:01:26 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Word is he made it clear he's making a return next year. Hate to start up the buzz again but hell we signed Michael Finley this past year. Would it be out of the question to have the Truth & the Answer in Green next year?

Re: Allen Iverson
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'll pass on Iverson. He's a mediocre shooter, and plays no D. I'd take Nate over Iverson at this point.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I'll pass on Iverson. He's a mediocre shooter, and plays no D. I'd take Nate over Iverson at this point.
Ditto. TP.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 03:05:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I just read that piece on ESPN as well.

I think I would rather have Nate come back than roll the dice with Iverson.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
I agree, i'm not saying take him over nate, i'm saying I won't be too upset seeing him occupy Michael Finley's spot on the bench.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I agree, i'm not saying take him over nate, i'm saying I won't be too upset seeing him occupy Michael Finley's spot on the bench.

Yeah, but if we have Iverson, why would we also keep Nate around? There's only so many minutes for a shoot-first small guard.

DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 03:27:22 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Only problem with your scenario is that Iverson seems to have a problem with the word I highlighted in bold.

I want nothing to do with that loser, especially if Doc isnt here to nullify his ego.
Greg

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 03:33:19 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51

Only problem with your scenario is that Iverson seems to have a problem with the word I highlighted in bold.

I want nothing to do with that loser, especially if Doc isnt here to nullify his ego.

It would be the Marbury experiment all over again.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
You guys may be right. At the same time though I can see him respecting the guys in Boston. I don't think he'd have a problem coming off the bench for a championship caliber team. Memphis on the other hand, A puppy squad who sucks, with barely a hope for an 8th seed.... I can see a player of AI's caliber being insulted when asked to come off the bench for Mike CONLEY. He wouldn't have issues coming off the bench for Rondo. If he did Rondo would just have to flash the 08 ring in his face , he'll shut up.lol Wishful thinking. I'm just racking my brain still stunned by last nights loss. Our offense down the stretch wasn't good. Wish we had one more weapon to score & penetrate.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12

Would it be out of the question to have the Truth & the Answer in Green next year?

yes...the team needs to get younger..no more experiments with washed up former allstars

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 03:53:53 PM »

Offline snooge

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
I live in Philly and I have seen plenty of AI. You don’t want him around. On offense, he needs the ball and a lot of shots to be productive. He also has a hard time staying healthy, plays very little defense and always brings baggage. Just say no!

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
You guys may be right. At the same time though I can see him respecting the guys in Boston. I don't think he'd have a problem coming off the bench for a championship caliber team. Memphis on the other hand, A puppy squad who sucks, with barely a hope for an 8th seed.... I can see a player of AI's caliber being insulted when asked to come off the bench for Mike CONLEY. He wouldn't have issues coming off the bench for Rondo. If he did Rondo would just have to flash the 08 ring in his face , he'll shut up.lol Wishful thinking. I'm just racking my brain still stunned by last nights loss. Our offense down the stretch wasn't good. Wish we had one more weapon to score & penetrate.

He didnt just throw a fit about coming off the bench in Memphis.  He did it in Detroit too, that had a veteran squad of Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace, and Tayshaun Prince.  Those three players are no Pierce, Garnett, and Allen, but I think it's enough to prove that he doesnt respect anyone more than he respects his own self fulfilling ego.

Iverson always said he'd come off the bench for a team that he feels is contending, he'd have no problem with it.  This Celtics team played .500 basketball for half of this season and dropped to a 4th seed in the playoffs.  Iverson would have destroyed this team before we would have had a chance to see a miraculous run in the playoffs like we did this year, yet we were contenders all along.

Hes not worth it.
Greg

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 04:17:37 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
Iverson starting 2 guard?

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 04:42:22 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE