Author Topic: Is game 5 the blowout game for boston?  (Read 5369 times)

Re: Is game 5 the blowout game for boston?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The thing is, we are missing shot and makeable shot.  I know part of their defense but how many layup have we missed.  Are we due for a blow out?  I sure HOPE we can blow them out on Sunday.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't anticipate a blowout.  Lakers are too good a team and too determined this year to be blown out no matter who's on fire on our side.  I'd love one but not expecting anything but nailbiters the rest of the way.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
if there's gonna be a blowout, it's gonna be us be blown out in game 6 in case we lose on Sunday...
c'mon guys, what we need is just the W in game 5, there's not gonna be any blowout, the Lakers have been the slightly better team over the series and they won't let the C's get a 3-2 lead just like that, they're gonna fight for their lives!! we still havent played great in the finals and I dont feel this is gonna change overnight...

Our starters need to pick it up, seriously, it's a best-of-3 series now, they need to give everything they have left in the tank... in my book, the team who wins the game on Sunday will be the champion... I'm so pumped up for this one... ;D
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 01:54:12 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
i almost have more concern after last nite than after game 3. why ?

because it took a super-human effort to beat the Lakers by 7 points at home with them playing good but not great.

unless ................ we simply will ourselves to win like the 1984 and 1969 teams did - but they had better offense than we do right now.

our defense has been good - we just struggle so badly to score - it's gonna be difficult unless we can just break the Laker's will - which i think is a possibilty. they are stronger than in '08, but still not in our league when it comes to grind-it-out mental toughness.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:54 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Don't get me wrong, I would love a good blowout. 

I just don't think it is a must.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

because it took a super-human effort to beat the Lakers by 7 points at home with them playing good but not great.

unless ................ we simply will ourselves to win like the 1984 and 1969 teams did - but they had better offense than we do right now.

our defense has been good - we just struggle so badly to score - it's gonna be difficult unless we can just break the Laker's will - which i think is a possibilty. they are stronger than in '08, but still not in our league when it comes to grind-it-out mental toughness.

LA was in control for the most part of the game, they played pretty well. Had we made a few more chip shots, we would have won easily.

As long as it's not a touch foul type game, we will win. LA still cannot handle playing against our d when it's allowed to play playoff d. Thats why we won last night.

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 03:17:58 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

I must've been watching a different game.  I saw a Celtics team that could pretty much get any shot they wanted throughout most of the game.  They were just missing easy shots that they'd normally make.  It didn't take a super-human effort.  It took great defense, rebounding and key contributions from the bench in the 4th quarter.  With their defense, the Celtics are capable of staying in any game.  And if their offense is clicking on top of that, no team is stopping them.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »

Offline Media2009

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Cedric Maxwell raffled off 2 floor level tickets to game 4 of the NBA Finals. It was a great game with an exciting fourth quarter and an even better outcome. Cedric has decided to raffle off tickets to game 5.

The raffle would include 6 luxury suite tickets to Sundays Game. Tickets are only $2 each (min 5) so for as little as $10 you can win 6 luxury suite tickets and hopefully watch the Celtics take control of the series.

Go to http://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/raffle/Cedrics-Game5-Raffle/ to get your tickets

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I am honestly anticipating a blowout by us. Just have a feeling Ray, KG, and Pierce will all be on.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »

Offline LakerPete

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 21
Very unlikely.

1) Both teams are too good defensively
2) It's the biggest game of the season, so focus shouldn't be a problem
3) Most importantly, both teams are way too familiar with each other. The Celtics were caught off guard by the Laker length in Game 1. The Lakers were caught off guard by the off-the-ball screens for Allen in Game 2. But since then? It's a grind to even get a good shot. I think the rest of the series will look a lot like Games 3 & 4.

From a Laker perspective, this incarnation of the Lakers tend to play their best when they feel threatened or have something to prove. We always play very well when the series is tied, and we've seen that in this series as well.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
boston got a lot of good shots and missed at the rim...without bynum..LA is in trouble

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 05:06:34 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I have to think boston beats the lakers comfortably in at least one game....i think game 5 could be it...bynum is gimpy....boston's starters played very low minutes in game 4 and there is 2 days off...

I hope we win this one by 5
and the next one in LA by 40
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Very unlikely.

1) Both teams are too good defensively
2) It's the biggest game of the season, so focus shouldn't be a problem
3) Most importantly, both teams are way too familiar with each other. The Celtics were caught off guard by the Laker length in Game 1. The Lakers were caught off guard by the off-the-ball screens for Allen in Game 2. But since then? It's a grind to even get a good shot. I think the rest of the series will look a lot like Games 3 & 4.

From a Laker perspective, this incarnation of the Lakers tend to play their best when they feel threatened or have something to prove. We always play very well when the series is tied, and we've seen that in this series as well.

Logical conclusion. This series has been wide open and unpredictable. The Scoring has steadily decreased but the Celtics did find some help off the bench yesterday. Lakers have to be concerned with Bynum's injury problems. In a war of attrition, objectively speaking, that should help the Celtics. But I am aware of Gasol's and Kobe's capabilities along with Lamar Odom. Can't sleep on Derek Fisher either. If I was not a Laker or Celtic fan I think I know who might have the advantage now but it is only by a razor thin margin.

And Game 5 will not be a Boston blowout.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »

Offline Rashi

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I don't want to think too much into or about Game 5.

All I know that it's the last game of the season in Boston....and I just want the guys to give their best.

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Last thing I care about is by how C's win. I'm perfectly fine with winning the next two game by 1 point each.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels