Author Topic: My wish for 2010 finals MVP...  (Read 5833 times)

Re: My wish for 2010 finals MVP...
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 05:25:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Any Celtic player would do nicely.  I'd lose my mind if it turned out to be Sheed turning out a world-beating performance off the bench  now that would be a series to see!  :D

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Rondo has all the time in the world.

I disagree here, sir. Just because he's in the Finals now doesn't mean he will be again... Basketball has a funny way of working out. Look at KG, Ray, and Paul - they had such long careers before getting to the Finals and winning. You can't just assume you're going to be there again.

With that said, it would seem fitting if Rondo wins the Finals MVP this year. With the year he's had - being our most consistent player IMO - it would just solidify that this team is now his and he has "the keys to the car" full-time.

Who am I kidding, I just wishing for Banner 18!!! haha
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Definitly Ray Allen.
KG has alot of hardware, PP was finals MVP 2008. Rondo has all the time in the world. But finals MVP would cement Ray's legacy as one of the greatest shooters ever, brinh him ahead of Reggie Miller, George Gervin, Joe Dumars type of players for some future NBA top 50 or something...It could not happened to nicer guy. If Phil decide to put Kobe on Rondo then Ray should abuse Fish and be a MVP. Your thoughts?
I too would like to see Ray to solidify his HOF credentials.

As far as "all the time in the world" goes, Dan Marino.

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Definitly Ray Allen.
KG has alot of hardware, PP was finals MVP 2008. Rondo has all the time in the world. But finals MVP would cement Ray's legacy as one of the greatest shooters ever, brinh him ahead of Reggie Miller, George Gervin, Joe Dumars type of players for some future NBA top 50 or something...It could not happened to nicer guy. If Phil decide to put Kobe on Rondo then Ray should abuse Fish and be a MVP. Your thoughts?

Regardless of how this series goes, do you think there's any chance that Ray doesn't make the Hall of Fame?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Definitly Ray Allen.

Regardless of how this series goes, do you think there's any chance that Ray doesn't make the Hall of Fame?

There is zero chance Ray Allen doesn't make it to the Hall.

Ray is 100% locked in. And I would have said that before he won a chip in 2008.