Author Topic: The buyout / 15th roster spot thread...  (Read 22198 times)

Re: The buyout / 15th roster spot thread...
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2024, 04:25:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I don’t think Brissett is returning, personally.  I think he’ll look for somewhere with more playing time.
I don't think anyone else will give him more playing time than he has gotten here. He isn't good enough for a bigger role.

« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2024, 11:59:42 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
If you sign Jrue for 25 mil next year and Luke for 3 mil and Tillman for 4 mil...

Trade away Peyton and Oshae for future draft picks, taking no $ back....

let Svi walk, sign Queta, 1st rd pick at 30th spot, and one second round pick.....

you can just get under the 2nd apron next year with 14 on the roster.

I would not be surprised if PP and OB were gone by this November.

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2024, 12:11:18 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
If you sign Jrue for 25 mil next year and Luke for 3 mil and Tillman for 4 mil...

let Svi walk, sign Queta, 1st rd pick at 30th spot, and one second round pick.....

On a very practical level, who are you replacing PP's minutes with?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2024, 12:31:49 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
good question......

well either Jrue or Derick would have to be on the court at all times....

And with Kristaps, Big Al, Luke, Queta and X, I would play bigger with more 2 big lineups.

Would also try to develop Jaden and Jordan a bit.

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2024, 02:44:44 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574

On a very practical level, who are you replacing PP's minutes with?

Personally I like Prichard and don’t want to see him traded but I also understand the Celtics needing to lower payroll.
What about Davidson? Does anyone think he would be able to handle the backup position next year?

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2024, 04:46:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716
Speaking of buyout pickups, is Gordon Hayward cooked? He's done absolutely nothing since joining OKC. He's also turning 34 in a few weeks. With his age and injury history, he might be coming to the end of his NBA days.

Dinwiddie on the other hand is only 30 years old and doesn't have the injury history of Hayward but suddenly fell off a cliff this season. He's also been brutal for the Lakers.

« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2024, 05:07:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Speaking of buyout pickups, is Gordon Hayward cooked? He's done absolutely nothing since joining OKC. He's also turning 34 in a few weeks. With his age and injury history, he might be coming to the end of his NBA days.

Dinwiddie on the other hand is only 30 years old and doesn't have the injury history of Hayward but suddenly fell off a cliff this season. He's also been brutal for the Lakers.

He definitely might be. He is the kind of player that didn’t have a lot of athleticism to lose so his fall could be quicker than some other players .

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2024, 06:25:04 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 416

All depends on what teams u play for
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2024, 08:23:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I guess I 'm just coming to the realization that Hayward would have likely gotten little or no playing time on this season's Celtics team. He's a shell of the Hayward from even two years ago.

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2024, 08:27:20 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384

I guess I 'm just coming to the realization that Hayward would have likely gotten little or no playing time on this season's Celtics team. He's a shell of the Hayward from even two years ago.

Too many injuries
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2024, 08:35:17 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1245

Too many injuries

He’ll be a free agent after this season right? I’d be fine for Brad to work him out over the summer and see if he could be our 15th man. Not sure if he’d accept that role though. I mean he can be next year’s Svi?

« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2024, 08:42:49 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384

Too many injuries

He’ll be a free agent after this season right? I’d be fine for Brad to work him out over the summer and see if he could be our 15th man. Not sure if he’d accept that role though. I mean he can be next year’s Svi?

Depends if he's going to be ok being next year's Svi. I have a feeling coming from getting paid $30m he won't want to go straight to vet min and playing 2 min every 10 games. He probably will feel he still has something to contribute. They're always raging against the dying of their light  :angel:

That's what made Blake so unusual - that he went from being a max player to that 15th man type benchwarmer so quickly without any complaint. He was even more cooked than Gordie though I think.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2024, 08:46:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hayward basically put up 15/5/5 on 50% shooting this year.  He hasn't adjusted to OKC yet, but he's also not a deep bench player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2024, 08:50:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Hayward basically put up 15/5/5 on 50% shooting this year.  He hasn't adjusted to OKC yet, but he's also not a deep bench player.

Sure, but I think guys like Svi or Banton could put up those numbers or better on Charlotte.

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2024, 09:30:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sure, but I think guys like Svi or Banton could put up those numbers or better on Charlotte.

Based upon what?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes