Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 523448 times)

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #6330 on: April 27, 2024, 08:11:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
I think the Cavs will move Mitchell this summer.

trades that I think they'd at least consider (and that I think rhe other team would do)

Heat - Michell for Herro, Jaquez, Jovic, 1st

Nets - Mitchell for Johnson, Thomas, the Philly 1st's

Lakers - Mitchell for Reaves, Hachimura, 2 1st

I don't think that is enough value for D Mitchell. BKN would have to give up Mikal Bridges. I don't think Miami or LAL can make a competitive offer.

D Mitchell is not a 33yr old Damian Lillard. He is in his prime.
he is also an expiring contract that is going to leave
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6331 on: April 27, 2024, 08:16:03 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I think the Cavs will move Mitchell this summer.

trades that I think they'd at least consider (and that I think rhe other team would do)

Heat - Michell for Herro, Jaquez, Jovic, 1st

Nets - Mitchell for Johnson, Thomas, the Philly 1st's

Lakers - Mitchell for Reaves, Hachimura, 2 1st

I don't think that is enough value for D Mitchell. BKN would have to give up Mikal Bridges. I don't think Miami or LAL can make a competitive offer.

D Mitchell is not a 33yr old Damian Lillard. He is in his prime.
he is also an expiring contract that is going to leave

Yeah, he could drive down his value if he wanted to. If he insisted on certain number of teams and would only be willing to commit to those small number of teams.

If it is a decent selection of teams he is happy with, he should still command a good price.

« Reply #6332 on: April 27, 2024, 08:27:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3021
  • On To Banner 18!
Cavs-Magic series is weird..both won at home twice by  complete blowouts

yes, the Magic didn't have a pulse in the first 2 games.   Then they look like they flipped the switch when they got home.

A series like that feels like homecourt will matter. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes 7 games with all home teams winning, so advantage Cleveland unless Orlando can pull an upset on the road at some point.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6333 on: April 27, 2024, 08:31:50 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

yes, the Magic didn't have a pulse in the first 2 games.   Then they look like they flipped the switch when they got home.

A series like that feels like homecourt will matter. Wouldn't surprise me if it goes 7 games with all home teams winning, so advantage Cleveland unless Orlando can pull an upset on the road at some point.

Similar to Celtics/Wizards a few years back where the home team has won every game. But don't let up a road team taking Game 7. That said, still got Orlando in 6.

Boston need to also clear out Miami in 5 and get some rest.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6334 on: April 27, 2024, 08:35:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Similar to Celtics/Wizards a few years back where the home team has won every game. But don't let up a road team taking Game 7. That said, still got Orlando in 6.

Boston need to also clear out Miami in 5 and get some rest.

Yeah. Unfortunately I also think of 2018 ECF which was the same way... until we lost Game 7 at home.

That's how it goes sometimes especially for the younger, inexperienced teams. Like Orlando certainly looked nervous in Game 1 and on the road, but once they came home they suddenly got a big spark from the home crowd and looked like a completely different team. Now we see if they can carry some of that into Game 5 back at Cleveland.

I think whoever wins Game 5 wins that series. If CLE wins, I got it going 7 games with CLE winning. If ORL wins, then ORL in 6 (which is also what I predicted)

« Reply #6335 on: April 27, 2024, 08:41:08 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
ABC has the worst introduction music.  I miss the NBA on NBC intro from the 90's.

« Reply #6336 on: April 27, 2024, 08:49:34 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1583
ABC has the worst introduction music.  I miss the NBA on NBC intro from the 90's.

NBA on CBS in the 80's was the GOAT especially when tommy heinsohn was calling games for CBS
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6337 on: April 27, 2024, 09:08:14 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

NBA on CBS in the 80's was the GOAT especially when tommy heinsohn was calling games for CBS

That intro actually is my favorite but figured the NBC one is more iconic.  Cheesy 80's graphics but the music was pretty cool

« Reply #6338 on: April 27, 2024, 09:10:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Celtics will be all right IF they can overcome the Heat .  It’s part the determination the Heat bring against the Celtics and the rest the Celtics mental weakness against the Heat.

« Reply #6339 on: April 27, 2024, 09:12:16 PM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 603

That intro actually is my favorite but figured the NBC one is more iconic.  Cheesy 80's graphics but the music was pretty cool
ESPN actually had a good tune. Just have to stick with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLIoOojHkc

« Reply #6340 on: April 27, 2024, 09:15:28 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 231
What team does LeBron weasel his way to when the Lakers lose? Heat? Cavs? Warriors?

« Reply #6341 on: April 27, 2024, 09:19:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2717
What team does LeBron weasel his way to when the Lakers lose? Heat? Cavs? Warriors?

OCK or Dallas

« Reply #6342 on: April 27, 2024, 09:50:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
I actually bet on the Lakers to win, but have to wonder, Lakers started well, had a great first half and lead at halftime against the Nuggets. Will 12th time be the charm?  :P

« Reply #6343 on: April 27, 2024, 10:08:41 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1691
I'm not a big fan of Porter.  A chucker who doesn't pass and can't really put the ball on the floor, and a mediocre defender (which is a step up from what he used to be).  Good shooter, and Jokic can get value out of him because of that, but I don't think he's as effective on any other team.

« Reply #6344 on: April 27, 2024, 10:10:46 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm not a big fan of Porter.  A chucker who doesn't pass and can't really put the ball on the floor, and a mediocre defender (which is a step up from what he used to be).  Good shooter, and Jokic can get value out of him because of that, but I don't think he's as effective on any other team.

Perfect fit for Denver, ray Allen esque and in his prime.