Author Topic: Idaho at Utah 4/11 @ 9:00pm EST  (Read 4182 times)

Idaho at Utah 4/11 @ 9:00pm EST
« on: April 11, 2009, 08:51:32 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Well, nothing to do tonight and it's been a while since I've watched a DLeague game. This is the final game of the season if not mistaken, and it's between the two top teams in the West Division and both are tied record wise. If not mistaken, this game will decide the number one seed for the Playoffs.

So in all, this game might not be half bad. Anyone watching? You can watch for free here:
http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/dleague_webcasts.html

Re: Idaho at Utah 4/11 @ 9:00pm EST
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
hmmmm.  thanks for the tip, i just may watch a bit of this.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I hope Giddens doesn't disspoint me and lays an egg on this one. He's been playing well from what I can see.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:00:41 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
catching snippets here and there.  what ## is Giddens?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 11:07:46 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
He's #15, easy to spot by high knee socks and he guards the PG.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Hey, Bud. Your dedication to the game is amazing (TP).

I watched the Clippers and the Blazers last night to get my fix.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 11:16:25 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

Thanks.  I didn't watch much of the game.  How'd he look?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »

Offline MattD

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 46
Didn't see the game, but looking at the box score JR did well in a 124-112 Utah win: 10-of-14 shooting for 21 points (tied for game high, although he took more shots than anyone on his team), a game-high 11 boards, 4 assists, a steal, a block, two fouls and three turnovers in 36 minutes.  Only odd aspects of his stat line (and again, I didn't see the game) are that he only took 2 free throws (tied for team low) and didn't attempt a 3-pointer.

(Of course, not watching the game I can't comment on his defense -- though I do note that none of the other team's guards shot over 50%.)

No question JR has a good set of tools...so you have to think that the reason so many insiders question him as an NBA player is the mental side, how he conducts himself in practice and how he executes what the coaches ask of him.  He looked overwhelmed in the preseason games this year, but then seemed okay when he got very spotty minutes in 2-3 games during the season.  If he's still with the team next season, hopefully he'll come in with the right mindset from the start and challenge for some backup minutes, which will become more and more important as PGA get older.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Thanks.  I didn't watch much of the game.  How'd he look?

I thought he looked alright. I missed most of the second half, and that's usually when he gets more involved in the game, so he probably played better than what I saw. Was efficient with his scoring... they also had him pressuring and guarding the PG the whole game, which surprised me. Given that there was a clear disadvantage of speed, it should speak volumes of the confidence they have on his defense. Saw him do two huge block, one very critical towards the end of the game.

The game itself was much more organized than the games I watched earlier in the year. The offense was running more smoothly, which is mainly due to the change of PG for Utah (the one they had previously was awful), and the defense looked more cohesive.

I wish the team would play through JR more often. He always seems to be on the weakside of the ball, and at times you can go through 4 or 5 possessions in a row without him even touching the ball. JR seems to establish himself in the game more has the game goes on. What I really like about JR though is that he moves the ball well, and seems to have a knack to setup people and find open men.