Author Topic: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully  (Read 40281 times)

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely tweet about Sully
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
It looks like we have our new "big baby."

Actually accomplish something in the NBA and you'll have the right to pout, Sully.

« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Link:

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/547583909186514944

Quote:

#Celtics haven't opened locker room to media yet, but Jared Sullinger has already headed to the bus. #CelticsTalk

That is concerning. Could he be traded? Or is it problems between him and coach?

Not good. Could he be frustrated with the Rondo trade?

Why should he particularly care if Rondo's gone? It's not like they went through wars together like KG and Pierce. Rondo was mostly injured during Sully's time in Boston.

I think that some of the younger players (Sully and Bradley come to mind) talked about what a good mentor Rondo was for them.

well there you go, if Rondo is your mentor then you are already starting off in a bad place

Wow  -10 TP.  Rondo entered with class, was a great teammate-according to Pierce and Garnett
and exited with class.  And he distributed the ball.  He was doing community service work on his last day in Boston. And I heard he helped a little old lady across the street.  Mentor that! Sister Theresa!  The only problem with Rondo leaving Boston was the Rondohaters didn't get traded as well.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2014, 01:40:53 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
The worst part about all of this is that Sully is my starting Center on my fantasy league team.  2 rebounds, and nothing else!  That's not gonna cut it  >:(

« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »

Offline P stoff

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
Folks making WAY too much out of the feelings of the Rondo trade. News flash: we were 8-14, inconsistent, and going nowhere anyway (at best a fight for a low seed).

This is about utilization and performance. Brad isnt utilizing him inside...but Sully isnt playing great, and cant keep up in an offense with pace.

Suly is a bit overrated by alot of people.

« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2014, 02:00:50 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The worst part about all of this is that Sully is my starting Center on my fantasy league team.  2 rebounds, and nothing else!  That's not gonna cut it  >:(

I dropped him for Swaggy P

« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I think that people who are blaming Sully's play on pouting about Rondo's trade should take a look at his game logs. He had 4 rough games in a row (3 5 point games and a 0 point game) right before the trade.

« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I was hoping sully would've been traded when he was playing well early on, while his value may have been at it's highest.

I actually like Sully and think with hard work he could see an all-star game. but a number of things make me want to just see him moved. like he is an undersized player(I hate that), he doesn't seem committed to his body, 2 yrs. in a row now we've seen him fade. and why that's happening is because we've encouraged him to become a 3 pt. shooter(which he isn't, but everyone thinks he has to be a 3 pt. shooter), same thing happened last yr. his 3 pt. shot went south and eventually he got benched.

his game has become Antoine 2.0, he pretty much runs from 3 pt. line to 3 pt. line, he's just lazy. and we've encouraged it, we've ruined this player.

If Sully became Antoine 2.0, I think we would all be jumping for joy, but I assume you are speaking about just three point shooting and nothing else.

Obviously last night's game was about as bad as it could get for somebody like him and he will bounce back, but he does have some serious conditioning issues - we should hire Salt 'n Pepa to follow him around all day.

Antoine's last couple yr's here were sad. if he didn't put up 8 3's a game you wouldn't know he played.

last yr. and now this yr., sully's poor 3 pt. shooting has effected his whole game. he's heading down Antoine's path...and we're encouraging it.

« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Sully ,

Needed to leave early at Orlando ......it's Christmas...

He needed to get home in time

To play Santa Claus.

I thought it was to eat him.

« Reply #113 on: December 24, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
When I say Bradley's injury to his face after halftime, I thought maybe Sullinger punched him out.

« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2014, 04:06:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
I was hoping sully would've been traded when he was playing well early on, while his value may have been at it's highest.

I actually like Sully and think with hard work he could see an all-star game. but a number of things make me want to just see him moved. like he is an undersized player(I hate that), he doesn't seem committed to his body, 2 yrs. in a row now we've seen him fade. and why that's happening is because we've encouraged him to become a 3 pt. shooter(which he isn't, but everyone thinks he has to be a 3 pt. shooter), same thing happened last yr. his 3 pt. shot went south and eventually he got benched.

his game has become Antoine 2.0, he pretty much runs from 3 pt. line to 3 pt. line, he's just lazy. and we've encouraged it, we've ruined this player.

If Sully became Antoine 2.0, I think we would all be jumping for joy, but I assume you are speaking about just three point shooting and nothing else.

Obviously last night's game was about as bad as it could get for somebody like him and he will bounce back, but he does have some serious conditioning issues - we should hire Salt 'n Pepa to follow him around all day.

Antoine's last couple yr's here were sad. if he didn't put up 8 3's a game you wouldn't know he played.

last yr. and now this yr., sully's poor 3 pt. shooting has effected his whole game. he's heading down Antoine's path...and we're encouraging it.

Sullinger made 44% of his 3's in the month of December.

« Reply #115 on: December 24, 2014, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I don't want to turn this into an Antoine thread, but his last two seasons in Boston were the Celtics' most successful in quite some time. In those two years he scored 22.1 and 20.1 ppg and the team made it to the conference finals and conference semi-finals. In his return in 04-05, he shot a career high fg% and was definitely not the reason the Cs didn't advance in the playoffs.

I understand that Antoine shot a high number of threes, but he was so good at so many things...much better than Sully will ever likely be.

« Reply #116 on: December 24, 2014, 04:11:54 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
I repeat....

« Reply #117 on: December 24, 2014, 04:22:00 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I repeat....

Yep, he has a bad game or two and suddenly everyone wants to run him out of town. He's a 22 year old talented PF coming into his own in the league under a young head coach on a rebuilding team. People need to have some patience. It's not like he's paid a lot or was drafted in the top 5 either.

« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2014, 04:23:56 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I repeat....

There's plenty of legitimate complaints to be made about Sully, but for some reason, people just want to stick to the ones rationalized by talking points they're comfortable explaining.

"Sully's fat," even though numerous reports confirm his obvious weight loss.

"Sully is a lazy three-point shooter," even though the percentage of his shots within ten feet of the rim is double the percentage of his shots behind the arc.

"Sully is a bad three-point shooter," even though Sully has shot better than league average from three this season.

"Sully can't defend," even though he's statistically one of our better defensive bigs this year and consistently ordered to guard the bigger and/or better opposing big man whenever he's on the court (he's gotten some relief in this respect ever since Zeller began to start).

Again, Sully is far from perfect. Without his back issues, he would've been a top ten pick and I think it's fair to demand the results we'd expect to see out of such a highly touted prospect. I just don't understand why so many waste their breath repeating critiques of Sully that expired years ago.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I repeat....

There's plenty of legitimate complaints to be made about Sully, but for some reason, people just want to stick to the ones rationalized by talking points they're comfortable explaining.

"Sully's fat," even though numerous reports confirm his obvious weight loss.

"Sully is a lazy three-point shooter," even though the percentage of his shots within ten feet of the rim is double the percentage of his shots behind the arc.

"Sully is a bad three-point shooter," even though Sully has shot better than league average from three this season.

"Sully can't defend," even though he's statistically one of our better defensive bigs this year and consistently ordered to guard the bigger and/or better opposing big man whenever he's on the court (he's gotten some relief in this respect ever since Zeller began to start).

Again, Sully is far from perfect. Without his back issues, he would've been a top ten pick and I think it's fair to demand the results we'd expect to see out of such a highly touted prospect. I just don't understand why so many waste their breath repeating critiques of Sully that expired years ago.

I guess because Rondo is not around to pick on anymore.