Author Topic: Report: Utah offers Rubio + #1 for Conley  (Read 2296 times)

Re: Report: Utah offers Rubio + #1 for Conley
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 09:56:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
As the trade deadline approaches, the Utah Jazz have made an offer to the Memphis Grizzlies involving Ricky Rubio and a 2019 first round pick for point guard Mike Conley, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned. – via Salt Lake Tribune

I can't believe the Grizz would turn that down...
I can.  Conley has a big contract, but he is very good and could help a lot of teams.  I think the Grizzlies do better than that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
As the trade deadline approaches, the Utah Jazz have made an offer to the Memphis Grizzlies involving Ricky Rubio and a 2019 first round pick for point guard Mike Conley, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned. – via Salt Lake Tribune

I can.  Conley has a big contract, but he is very good and could help a lot of teams.  I think the Grizzlies do better than that.

Agree.

The Griz can do better than that.

Like if Ainge thinks Kyrie will not re-sign with Boston this summer, Ainge could trade Kyrie for Conley!

:laugh:

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 10:02:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548

Agree.

If Ainge thinks Kyrie will not re-sign with Boston this summer, Ainge could trade Kyrie for Conley!

:laugh:
Yeah just read the Salt Lake Tribune article and it even said they have 1st round pick offers from teams that are currently worse than the Jazz, thus making the pick better.  They mentioned the Pistons (though obviously as a Salt Lake paper didn't have a source to confirm an offer).

and the Jazz offer can't just be Rubio and a 1st as the Jazz have to add at least 9 million in salary (so Exum or Favors or a collection of a bunch of smaller contracts). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip